The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Italy with passion: Am I really going to success?

uscrocc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 22, 2020
Italy
Hello to all,

I'm 22 years old, I live in Italy and I'm a software engineer at one of the best IT company around the world.
In Italy the financial challenge is very high and despite this I found work as an engineer at 20 years old without having a degree yet, but now I got it without feeling satisfied.
The personal finance and entrepreneurship sector has always fascinated me and @MJ DeMarco gives me an inspiration that I didn't have before.
I sign up here as long as I can take all the advice from expert people and I hope to give my contribution.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Hi uscrocc,

welcome to the Forum! How are you doing down there? Hope you are fine! Looks like a terrible tragedy is going on, at leas in the Lombardian area.

Anyways, if you have read Unscripted or The Millionaire Fastlane , just post in the according threads. This will let us know, you are familiar with the terms used here.

So, what are your plans, in terms of fastlane/business?

Saluti

uscrocc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 22, 2020
Italy
welcome to the Forum! How are you doing down there? Hope you are fine! Looks like a terrible tragedy is going on, at leas in the Lombardian area.
Thank you. Thanks for the thought, we will recover soon.

Anyways, if you have read Unscripted or The Millionaire Fastlane , just post in the according threads. This will let us know, you are familiar with the terms used here.
Yes I will post in the respective sections, I am still learning to navigate in here.

So, what are your plans, in terms of fastlane/business?
[/CITAZIONE]
In fact, I was undecided whether to share my business/fastlane plans here or in appropriate sections. Tell me if it's okay here otherwise I'll move it.

My main source of income is my company's salary with a 5-day job 9-18.
A year ago I bought a course on the integration of the pension with ETF: after just 1 year I realized that it is a bankruptcy investment because I don't even know if in 20 years I will be alive, let alone in 40.
I got tired of doing this life up to 75 years, already the only thought makes me anguish.
I write here to explain my idea of firing from my company to work in a community of startups as a software engineer in order to find inspiration on building my own and having the right skills to sell in my future startup/company.
So if I founded my startup I would liquidate it by having several million, and if the fantastic idea on which to found my startup does not come I still have a capital for me (as software engineer) and increase it by trading on the stock options and commodities spread.
So my day would consist of:
Monday to Friday, 9-20: startup (as employee).
Saturday and Sunday: courses and work on stock options and commodity spreads.
So, leave a big IT company (NTT DATA) for a startup community and at the same time learn to become an investor. It's a plan that puts me in doubt because at only 22 years old I have a career already started with international ways.
But can I really earn 100% of my capital annually with a weekly investment on stock options and commodity spreads?
In the current situation, does the plan seem good to you?

Last edited:

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Thank you. Thanks for the thought, we will recover soon.

Yes I will post in the respective sections, I am still learning to navigate in here.

In fact, I was undecided whether to share my business/fastlane plans here or in appropriate sections. Tell me if it's okay here otherwise I'll move it.

My main source of income is my company's salary with a 5-day job 9-18.
A year ago I bought a course on the integration of the pension with ETF: after just 1 year I realized that it is a bankruptcy investment because I don't even know if in 20 years I will be alive, let alone in 40.
I got tired of doing this life up to 75 years, already the only thought makes me anguish.
I write here to explain my idea of firing from my company to work in a community of startups as a software engineer in order to find inspiration on building my own and having the right skills to sell in my future startup/company.
So if I founded my startup I would liquidate it by having several million, and if the fantastic idea on which to found my startup does not come I still have a capital for me (as software engineer) and increase it by trading on the stock options and commodities spread.
So my day would consist of:
Monday to Friday, 9-20: startup (as employee).
Saturday and Sunday: courses and work on stock options and commodity spreads.
So, leave a big IT company (NTT DATA) for a startup community and at the same time learn to become an investor. It's a plan that puts me in doubt because at only 22 years old I have a career already started with international ways.
But can I really earn 100% of my capital annually with a weekly investment on stock options and commodity spreads?
In the current situation, does the plan seem good to you?
welcome, I'm from Italy too but I didn't really understand your plan(?), you want to quit your job to get another job and then use the experience you get there to create your own startup?
If you feel like you could explain better in Italian shot me a PM.

Ved Vardhan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 9, 2020
Global Citizen
Praying for Italy my friend. Please keep safe.Been hearing terrible news coming from Italy on daily basis. I think its a good time for you to read books(please check book recommendations thread on the forum),read all the gold threads,notable threads on the forum they are worth millions of dollars if implemented with true action. Wish you best of luck ..take care.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hello to all,

I'm 22 years old, I live in Italy and I'm a software engineer at one of the best IT company around the world.
In Italy the financial challenge is very high and despite this I found work as an engineer at 20 years old without having a degree yet, but now I got it without feeling satisfied.
The personal finance and entrepreneurship sector has always fascinated me and @MJ DeMarco gives me an inspiration that I didn't have before.
I sign up here as long as I can take all the advice from expert people and I hope to give my contribution.

Thank you.
Thanks for joining and welcome to the forum!

A lot of people are unsatisfied working for others. So to get started with entrepreneurship it's really all about learning the basics of sales and marketing that you need in order to get a business going. Right now because of the internet this is easier than ever.

Good luck!

uscrocc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 22, 2020
Italy
how much is the difference in salary?
Can't you start your own start up in a lean way without getting a job in another startup?

The wages will certainly be lower, perhaps € 100-200 net per month.

Yes, I can start my startup from 0 without already working in one of these, but it is like proposing a supermarket clerk to open his own supermarket: he must first have the right skills on the administrative, financial and marketing side.
Difficult but not impossible!

In my current situation I have limited free time and I don't know if it's worth spending on training on trading (stock options or commodity spread) or training on business / startup.
Since 40 hours a week I am busy working in a big IT company (which has different visions and mindset): I move directly into the startup field so my learning curve can grow exponentially on skills that I will need when I want to open my startup to the detriment of my wages and free hours (startups needs more work).

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Hey! I hope you're staying safe. It's heartbreaking what's going on there now. Praying for people of Italy.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
In my current situation I have limited free time and I don't know if it's worth spending on training on trading (stock options or commodity spread) or training on business / startup.

I don't know your trading strategies or goals. But if you do it like the usual investor (and as you described in your post above), your time horizon is 20,40,60 years. That is, by definition, slowlane.

Training on Business. That's the guy building the machine to let it built the pyramid (read Fastlane). That is Fastlane.

Of course, you could transform your knowledge in trading etc. into a fastlane business. But as other have stated before: you need to have basic marketing and business knowledge.

Maybe you can invest 10% of your net income monthly into different ETFs, it is easy and you don't have to learn a lot. Then use the rest of your time and some of your money to learn fastlen related stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...