About Me:
I'm 19 years old from Sweden, I've been "studying" entrepreneurship for the past year, although I never took action. My focus was always on the forex market where I've managed to do OK.
My real inner fire started this summer when I was working construction, listening to.. you guessed it, "the millionaire fastlane ".
I had an open job offer to start working construction full-time in another city, everyone was telling me it was the right thing to do but it just didn't feel right, after reading a certain book I decided to say No. I took a shitty part-time job working weekends so that I could focus on doing real work.
My First Store
That brings me to about a month ago when I started my first dropshipping store, I had decided to sell watches with the free + shipping method (I know..). This was my first mistake,
2. I don't care about watches
3. Instead of looking at the numbers I went with my ego, thinking I was creating the next "Daniel Wellington"
4. I was dropshipping a watch that cost me $4.05 for a shipping fee of $6.99, yup an amazing $2.94 profit, or wait? do I actually have to pay for Facebook ads? by the time I had learned how Facebook ads worked I was already $800 in the dark from just throwing money into the fire, thinking a Lamborghini would suddenly appear out of luck.
Essentially my margins where horrible/nonexistent and I didn't even know what the back-end was..
After 3 weeks of trying to save my store I decided it was time to say farewell. I have learned a lot filling almost 2 notebooks and even though this project failed miserably I'm not giving up.
The past 3 weeks have been the most productive weeks of my life, I've risen at 7.30 am, working from 8am untill i fall asleep pretty much (except for 2ish hours for food and gym).
I don't think I will be doing another shopify store next, my focus will be on creating an affiliate site without any payed traffic. I believe I've found a good niche that has room for some major scaling altough further research is required. One of the things i've learned from these 3 weeks of trying to save my store is how important the back-end is, which is why it will be my main focus for this project.
My goals for the next week will be;
Sorry if the text is unreadable I am in fact, very Swedish..
I'm 19 years old from Sweden, I've been "studying" entrepreneurship for the past year, although I never took action. My focus was always on the forex market where I've managed to do OK.
My real inner fire started this summer when I was working construction, listening to.. you guessed it, "the millionaire fastlane ".
I had an open job offer to start working construction full-time in another city, everyone was telling me it was the right thing to do but it just didn't feel right, after reading a certain book I decided to say No. I took a shitty part-time job working weekends so that I could focus on doing real work.
My First Store
That brings me to about a month ago when I started my first dropshipping store, I had decided to sell watches with the free + shipping method (I know..). This was my first mistake,
2. I don't care about watches
3. Instead of looking at the numbers I went with my ego, thinking I was creating the next "Daniel Wellington"
4. I was dropshipping a watch that cost me $4.05 for a shipping fee of $6.99, yup an amazing $2.94 profit, or wait? do I actually have to pay for Facebook ads? by the time I had learned how Facebook ads worked I was already $800 in the dark from just throwing money into the fire, thinking a Lamborghini would suddenly appear out of luck.
Essentially my margins where horrible/nonexistent and I didn't even know what the back-end was..
After 3 weeks of trying to save my store I decided it was time to say farewell. I have learned a lot filling almost 2 notebooks and even though this project failed miserably I'm not giving up.
The past 3 weeks have been the most productive weeks of my life, I've risen at 7.30 am, working from 8am untill i fall asleep pretty much (except for 2ish hours for food and gym).
I don't think I will be doing another shopify store next, my focus will be on creating an affiliate site without any payed traffic. I believe I've found a good niche that has room for some major scaling altough further research is required. One of the things i've learned from these 3 weeks of trying to save my store is how important the back-end is, which is why it will be my main focus for this project.
My goals for the next week will be;
- finding a good place to outsource article writing
- researching back links/SEO
- growing instagram account for niche (currently at 1873 followers)
- getting the site up, along with 3 articles
- deciding which digital affiliate course to promote and which physical products
- (personal goal) keep on learning java script
- keeping this thread going
Sorry if the text is unreadable I am in fact, very Swedish..
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
