The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Engineer, to Product Manager, to...?

jramos02

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 18, 2018
New York
Hey everyone!

I've always been a dreamer but also a doer. I read the TMF like 6 years ago and I tried a few things but nothing totally stuck.

I wasn't really ready.

Fastforward to today and I am listening to Unscripted (freaking amazing so far) and I've also realized that I don't totally love the office life. I have gone from startup to startup in the past 5 years (one died, another one I hated, and this one is ok). And the entrepreneur in me wants to really come out and be my own boss.

Have my own freedom.

I am here to learn from all of you and hopefully provide some insight and value in the areas I am good at. I consider myself a decent writer (have written 3 full first drafts - but still have a lot to learn), have a background in Computer Science and I'm currently a Product Manager. So if you have any questions on those areas, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm trying to find out what my first "thing" will be...but I think I am ready. I am ready to free myself from these golden shackles people call normal life but we all know it is the horrible rat race.

Thanks!

PS. Thanks @MJ DeMarco for what you've done for us!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

drew212

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 17, 2018
Welcome to the other side ;)! I also come from a CS background, with it we have a huge opportunity to create a ton of perpetual value with minimal ongoing time investment, which is super exciting! Looking forward to hearing your success stories!

jramos02

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 18, 2018
New York
Thanks Drew! Definitely excited to get the ball rolling. I am leaning towards potentially learning and doing some copywriting, since I enjoy writing as well. SaaS is obviously very interesting to me as well. What are you looking into doing?

drew212

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 17, 2018
I don't have my gig completely figured out yet. I've been looking at mobile applications I could develop or improve, but there is a lot of competition for that. I know I want to write some kind of software. I'm also looking at business SaaS applications that I can sell to multiple customers easily with little modification.

jramos02

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 18, 2018
New York
Yeah SaaS or apps seems to be the most scalable where time doesn't necessarily need to be exchanged for money. Looking forward to your progress too man!

SouthernCharm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 28, 2017
North Carolina
Welcome! And don't get bummed out if you aren't able to think of your "first thing" right off the bat. The important thing is to be committed to an end goal, and to have your antennas geared to look at the world in a different way. Keep your eyes open for opportunities, and when you find something that truly has the potential to steer you towards that end goal, try it! Even if you fail at that "first thing", you will learn so much along the way and still be much further along the path than if you never tried at all.

jramos02

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 18, 2018
New York
Appreciate the kind words @SouthernCharm. I have tried multiple things throughout my life (2 self published books, around 5 different websites, 2 podcasts, and more). Nothing has truly stuck. Either I get bored of them quickly, or they just don't pan out. Obviously I didn't start them with the right process (e.g. testing the market, see if there was interest, etc).

So I have done a lot of things wrong. I am scared that this will be another of those times...but I am hoping it isn't. I have wanted to get out of the rat race my whole life...I am hoping this time I finally do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...