The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO From Engineer, to Product Manager, to...?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

jramos02

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 18, 2018
New York
Hey everyone!

I've always been a dreamer but also a doer. I read the TMF like 6 years ago and I tried a few things but nothing totally stuck.

I wasn't really ready.

Fastforward to today and I am listening to Unscripted (freaking amazing so far) and I've also realized that I don't totally love the office life. I have gone from startup to startup in the past 5 years (one died, another one I hated, and this one is ok). And the entrepreneur in me wants to really come out and be my own boss.

Have my own freedom.

I am here to learn from all of you and hopefully provide some insight and value in the areas I am good at. I consider myself a decent writer (have written 3 full first drafts - but still have a lot to learn), have a background in Computer Science and I'm currently a Product Manager. So if you have any questions on those areas, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm trying to find out what my first "thing" will be...but I think I am ready. I am ready to free myself from these golden shackles people call normal life but we all know it is the horrible rat race.

Thanks!

PS. Thanks @MJ DeMarco for what you've done for us!

Last edited:

drew212

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 17, 2018
Welcome to the other side ;)! I also come from a CS background, with it we have a huge opportunity to create a ton of perpetual value with minimal ongoing time investment, which is super exciting! Looking forward to hearing your success stories!

jramos02

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 18, 2018
New York
Thanks Drew! Definitely excited to get the ball rolling. I am leaning towards potentially learning and doing some copywriting, since I enjoy writing as well. SaaS is obviously very interesting to me as well. What are you looking into doing?

drew212

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 17, 2018
I don't have my gig completely figured out yet. I've been looking at mobile applications I could develop or improve, but there is a lot of competition for that. I know I want to write some kind of software. I'm also looking at business SaaS applications that I can sell to multiple customers easily with little modification.

jramos02

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 18, 2018
New York
Yeah SaaS or apps seems to be the most scalable where time doesn't necessarily need to be exchanged for money. Looking forward to your progress too man!

SouthernCharm

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 28, 2017
North Carolina
Welcome! And don't get bummed out if you aren't able to think of your "first thing" right off the bat. The important thing is to be committed to an end goal, and to have your antennas geared to look at the world in a different way. Keep your eyes open for opportunities, and when you find something that truly has the potential to steer you towards that end goal, try it! Even if you fail at that "first thing", you will learn so much along the way and still be much further along the path than if you never tried at all.

jramos02

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 18, 2018
New York
Appreciate the kind words @SouthernCharm. I have tried multiple things throughout my life (2 self published books, around 5 different websites, 2 podcasts, and more). Nothing has truly stuck. Either I get bored of them quickly, or they just don't pan out. Obviously I didn't start them with the right process (e.g. testing the market, see if there was interest, etc).

So I have done a lot of things wrong. I am scared that this will be another of those times...but I am hoping it isn't. I have wanted to get out of the rat race my whole life...I am hoping this time I finally do.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Great post here from @themarkboogie He only started learning code in Jan of this year also...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom