The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From $50.00 in the bank to a little over $1K

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
This is my 2nd thread in this forum, and I wanted to share this great progress of finally being able to earn some income. To get a better understanding of where I am standing at, and what are my big future goals, check my 1st thread, my introduction.

I only had $50 in my bank account, and this was part of an allowance I get from my aunt who I stay with in NYC. I don't pay her rent, she allows me to stay with her while I am able to attend school. But I also have to help her in a seasonal business she has, which is physically demanding, and is hard work. I don't get a salary from her, and she works from April- end of August. I have been staying with her for almost 2 years. I am starting to feel uncomfortable at her apartment, due to her 2 younger kids are noisy as hell, and her daughter is disrespectful, and I don't get no privacy.

So back in June I came down to Atlanta to visit my parents after almost 2 years without seeing them, and I took this time to think, and chat with them about my situation. I actually moved to NYC because I was having problems with my parents, but now we are good. I was only planning on staying a week but ended up staying over a month. LOL ... Anyways, so after a month goes by, my aunt was pissed that I was gone for a while, and I wasn't back helping her in her business. At this point, her attitude made me realize, and come to a decision that I need to move out ASAP. I need to talk to her how I feel, and that I am moving out on my own. I am tired of relying on her and her money, she has 4 kids, her problems are not my problems, and I have a life on my own to live for. I spoke to her around mid July on the phone to tell her I was coming back sometimes in August, because a friend of mine had 2 job projects available, one is Minnesota and one in Wisconsin. We finished the job in Minnesota already, and I got paid 3 days ago. I am now in Wisconsin and we have about 25% of the job done. I have put in about 50 hours so far in the 2nd job project, as I get pay by the hour with lunch cover.

I will be flying back to NYC as soon as we finish the job, and my friend will be driving back with the other guys to Atlanta. This money will help me fund my cleaning business I have in mind, and will also help me rent a room somewhere in NYC, and I also plan on finding a job. I also need to go check on my college registration for this fall, I haven't been accepted my FAFSA yet, they are a pain in the a$$, I have to go check what the hell is going on with my paperwork.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I find it suspicious that both of your threads are so into details that don't make any sense, yet zero information on your actual progress.
Not saying that you're not there, just emphasize more on what's really important.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
Awesome job my man. It feels great, aint it?

I am at $1500 from nothing (Although i am burning money for rent) ->https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...independence-journey.66861/page-2#post-551181
:)
Yes sir, it feels great being able to earn some money on my own. I can't stand doing nothing or not being able to work on my own because I have to be there helping my aunt in her business without pay.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
I find it suspicious that both of your threads are so into details that don't make any sense, yet zero information on your actual progress.
Not saying that you're not there, just emphasize more on what's really important.
What kind of information would that be? Feel free to throw some questions.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
good for you brother keep hustling

theres no shortage of money in this world, thats why you were able to make $1000 in no time, and you can do even better
Yes sir, my second paycheck should be a little over $1,500 more.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
So I am back in NYC, with around $2,000. I made around $3,000, but had a couple of expenses, and I also gave my mom $500 in order for her to catch up with her bills, due to my father going back to our home country because my grandfather passed away a month ago.

I am all set for college, I picked my 4 classes for this Fall semester of 2016, and I pick them all night classes so I can find a full time or part time job during the day. Now that I have more time for myself, I am looking to get back on 3 websites I am working on. My goal is to start generating some passive income 6 months from now. Whether it brings me $5 or $500 a month.

Website #1 is my author website, I am slowly building my name, and attracting readers so that when my first fiction book is ready, my marketing will be just slightly easier.

Website # 2 Is a bilingual niche website for cell phone technology.

Website # 3 Is also a bilingual niche website in the smoking industry.

So far I have 2 major problems at the moment, and I already have a plan and a solution to execute them.

Problem #1 I have to go talk to my aunt I was originally staying with, whose personal problems were taking over me, I wasn't feeling comfortable staying with her anymore. So the solution would be to go talk to her, and tell her I am moving on and staying with another aunt of mine, where I have a little more privacy and time to focus on myself.

Problem #2 I don't have a steady job, and I am slowly spending the money I have save up.

I am looking for a job, whether is dish washer, warehouse, stock associate, or as a busser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.