The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From 1$ to 10$, 100$, 1000$, 5000$, 10000$ and beyond

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Thread title says it all...

If you've read my other threads, I wanted to trade, didn't work. Results weren't seen for months. NEXT...tried affiliate marketing/blogging.... uhh NOPE. NEXT...

Have to start somewhere, no?

1$ is my goal to make first, then 10$ then 100$ then 1000$ a month and so on.

How? eCommerce gets thrown around all over the place. I say why not try it?

I know how to get traffic using social media accounts, I know how I can use google/bing to pay for very targeted leads and I know the math needed to find if its profitable to keep using "paid-traffic" as my main traffic source until social media/organic traffic picks up.

For now...what I have done:

1. I picked a niche I am interested in that will keep me working..
2. I have a reputable supplier and I can markup items around 200% IF I DO NOT PRIVATELY BRAND
3. I have a domain name, I have 3 years paid/unlimited hosting which holds all my online sites...
4. I am using Wordpress/wooCommerce. Kind of new to wooCommerce but that is okay.
5. Just started this today... November 13, 2015

What I am doing right now:

1. Working on professional logo/web-design (should be done by tomorrow night)
2. Figuring out a way to brand my company so that I can charge a premium price with around 500% markup.
3. Figuring how to distinguish myself in terms of service, since I know I don't want to be a low-price competitor but a quality/great service competitor.
4. I want to workout the kinks to get myself some recurring income, even though it is a eCommerce site and that is not what eCommerce sites do, but I think I came up with A GREAT ANGLE that currently ONLY 1 company is doing, for a niche completely unrelated to mine...if it works as planned (will implement this after the general eCommerce portion is settled, as it would take a bit longer for me to implement and I need to make $ now...not tomorrow.)
5. I want to figure out how to brand this well.

What I will do right after the above is done.
1. Put different variations of the products up, around 40 of them.
2. I am drop-shipping (while with my brand) for now, because I don't really have capital to finance this.
3. I will save 50% of the proceeds to expand the business/advertising/ will have to think about this more.
4. I will use the other 50% for living expenses etc...because I would personally love to be able to quit my day job and do this full time (creating eCommerce businesses/expanding).

Will keep you all updated as to my first sale :) And other details.

Sorry, I won't share the niche but what else is there to say, its a eCommerce site, so you get the picture.

From Trade.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Austin Barton

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 7, 2015
Wish you the best of luck! I've been researching ecommerce for a little now and it sounds like something i would enjoy. I'm 18 and live in my apartment until December and then i move back home with my father so ill have some money to invest in it! Good luck on your journey!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thread title says it all...

If you've read my other threads, I wanted to trade, didn't work. Results weren't seen for months. NEXT...tried affiliate marketing/blogging.... uhh NOPE. NEXT...

Have to start somewhere, no?

1$ is my goal to make first, then 10$ then 100$ then 1000$ a month and so on.

How? eCommerce gets thrown around all over the place. I say why not try it?

I know how to get traffic using social media accounts, I know how I can use google/bing to pay for very targeted leads and I know the math needed to find if its profitable to keep using "paid-traffic" as my main traffic source until social media/organic traffic picks up.

For now...what I have done:

1. I picked a niche I am interested in that will keep me working..
2. I have a reputable supplier and I can markup items around 200% IF I DO NOT PRIVATELY BRAND
3. I have a domain name, I have 3 years paid/unlimited hosting which holds all my online sites...
4. I am using Wordpress/wooCommerce. Kind of new to wooCommerce but that is okay.
5. Just started this today... November 13, 2015

What I am doing right now:

1. Working on professional logo/web-design (should be done by tomorrow night)
2. Figuring out a way to brand my company so that I can charge a premium price with around 500% markup.
3. Figuring how to distinguish myself in terms of service, since I know I don't want to be a low-price competitor but a quality/great service competitor.
4. I want to workout the kinks to get myself some recurring income, even though it is a eCommerce site and that is not what eCommerce sites do, but I think I came up with A GREAT ANGLE that currently ONLY 1 company is doing, for a niche completely unrelated to mine...if it works as planned (will implement this after the general eCommerce portion is settled, as it would take a bit longer for me to implement and I need to make $ now...not tomorrow.)
5. I want to figure out how to brand this well.

What I will do right after the above is done.
1. Put different variations of the products up, around 40 of them.
2. I am drop-shipping (while with my brand) for now, because I don't really have capital to finance this.
3. I will save 50% of the proceeds to expand the business/advertising/ will have to think about this more.
4. I will use the other 50% for living expenses etc...because I would personally love to be able to quit my day job and do this full time (creating eCommerce businesses/expanding).

Will keep you all updated as to my first sale :) And other details.

Sorry, I won't share the niche but what else is there to say, its a eCommerce site, so you get the picture.

From Trade.

Good for you for moving forward even in the face of failure.

Here's what I read...

Wins:
• Acknowledged first failures
• Kept moving forward

Excuses:
I wanted to trade, that didn't work. Results weren't seen for months. - Did you expect them over night?
• Tried affiliate marketing/blogging ... (excuses kept to self)
• Just started this today -
already making excuses for why you aren't taking useful action (like selling $1 worth of product to meet your first goal.)

Money Chasing:
Trading didn't bring money instantly so I quit.
• Affiliate marketing & blogging didn't bring money instantly so I quit.
• Maybe ecommerce will bring money instantly. If not, I can always quit.

Mindset Fails:
I tried trading because it's what I wanted to do & I thought it'd bring me money.
• I tried affiliate marketing & blogging because I thought it'd bring me money.
• Now I'll try ecommerce because it will probably bring me money.
• I picked a niche that
I am interested in. (It probably will keep you working...a job when it fails.)

Action-Faking:
I can markup items 200% - that means you haven't done it yet. It's in your imagination.
Working on professional logo & web design - don't need this until you prove you can sell something.
Figuring out a way to brand my company so I can charge a premium. - Figure out how to sell something first.
Figuring out how to distinguish my service - Figure out how to sell something first.
I want to work out the kinks - Sounds like this will soon be an excuse for why you haven't made any sales yet.
I think I came up with a great angle - Won't know until you try it.

Suggestions (Take em' or leave em')
• Your first goal is to earn $1. So find something in your house RIGHT NOW and find some way to sell it today.
• List something on Craigslist, ebay, Amazon, or any other established website or go to town & find someone to buy your product.
• Stop doing everything else until you earn $1. That's your goal.
• Stop focusing on what you want.
• Start focusing on how you and your product helps other people.
• Never make another excuse again. Only move forward. Only execute. Keep doing it until you get it right.
• Choose a path and stick to it until you figure out how to get the results you want.
• Get clear about your goals, so you know 100% for sure whether or not you made it or quit too soon.

Last thing - nobody cares about the niche, because we haven't seen any results from it.

P.S. I do hope you make it big this time. Just focus on the important stuff and money will follow.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey

Here's what I read...

Wins:
• Kept moving forward

Excuses:
I wanted to trade, that didn't work. Results weren't seen for months. - Did you expect them over night?
already making excuses for why you aren't taking useful action (like selling $1 worth of product to meet your first goal.)

Money Chasing:

Mindset Fails:
I tried trading because it's what I wanted to do & I thought it'd bring me money.
• I picked a niche that

Action-Faking:
I can markup items 200% - that means you haven't done it yet. It's in your imagination.
Working on professional logo & web design - don't need this until you prove you can sell something.
Figuring out a way to brand my company so I can charge a premium. - Figure out how to sell something first.
Figuring out how to distinguish my service - Figure out how to sell something first.
I want to work out the kinks - Sounds like this will soon be an excuse for why you haven't made any sales yet.

• Your first goal is to earn $1. So find something in your house RIGHT NOW and find some way to sell it today.
• List something on Craigslist, ebay, Amazon, or any other established website or go to town & find someone to buy your product.
• Never make another excuse again. Only move forward. Only execute. Keep doing it until you get it right.
• Choose a path and stick to it until you figure out how to get the results you want.
• Get clear about your goals, so you know 100% for sure whether or not you made it or quit too soon.

Last thing - nobody cares about the niche, because we haven't seen any results from it.

P.S. I do hope you make it big this time. Just focus on the important stuff and money will follow.

Wow. That was surely insightful.
I didn't even see those things when I made the post, especially the action faking part of it all.

I'll take your suggestion- will list what I have on craigslist and eBay and see how things work as I continue to work on the eCommerce site, should be done in a little. Then marketing is next.

I thought my plan was "ok/good"....I clearly don't know what I'm doing, any insight, anyone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ben Doyle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 11, 2015
With trying to sound like a dick, if you can drive traffic with social media, paid search etc. why did your affiliate marketing attempts fail?

Just a curiosity question, not a critisism.

Thanks,

Ben

liveitorloseit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 17, 2015

Here's what I read...

Wins:
• Kept moving forward

Excuses:

Money Chasing:

Mindset Fails:
• I picked a niche that

Action-Faking:

I have a similar goal as far as earnings go. This response is a great addendum as to how to build to that level of income. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.