The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freetime Activities That Are The Most Valuable For Your Fastlane Journey?

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
A lot of people people fill their freetime with playing video games,jerking off and watching tv but what are the most
useful activities you can do in your freetime?

What are the most beneficial actions you can take (no reading)
to develop skills that are useful for the fastlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
I would say anything that gives you pleasure, something that makes you feel like time went by so fast that you didn't even noticing it. Something that you really enjoy, and only you can answer that question. Free time is supposed to be fun (not feel like work), hell, it would even supposed to make you think of OTHER things then your business. Most of the great business ideas/improvements come when we are doing something that's not related with our business ( running, walking, having a drink w/ friends, etc.)

ddinnov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 19, 2013
London
For me it's anything that makes me feel recharged and that I enjoy. I like playing video games - as long as it's in my designated down time it's how I like to spend that time. I like watching TV as well with my other half and we also like going out on walks and seeing interesting places.

I have 0 intention of becoming a workaholic.

Some of the more beneficial activities I find are martial arts - especially sparring because learning how to get hit an take punches conditions me to approach work obstacles and setbacks with resilience. Music is good as well because it get's creativity going.

These are all things I do, I wouldn't want to try and choose downtime activities based on how they compliment work.

ddinnov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 19, 2013
London
In also forgot to mention looking at things I want to buy to spur on action like houses, cars and trips

This is my favourite ad at the moment - I deffo want one of these within the next 3-6 months :cool:

[video=youtube;nq4Po4RRRqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4Po4RRRqY[/video]

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
Workout! You have to be healthy and energized to succeed as a fastlaner.

I already work out every day and I do martial arts too.
But you cant do this the whole day.

I need more informations that develop your fastlane skills!

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
What about attending networking events?
You can build your network and improve your social skills at the same time.
You could also attend seminar about skills you want to get (for your fastlane).

How much freetime do you have per day after working + learning + training?

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
What about attending networking events?
You can build your network and improve your social skills at the same time.
You could also attend seminar about skills you want to get (for your fastlane).

How much freetime do you have per day after working + learning + training?

Network events seem to cost some money that I am currently not willing to spend cause I make money with money and try
to expand my income constanly while living like a peasant.
I also dont really know if such events are available in central europe?

There are about 5-7 hours left each day , pure freetime when i get up at 11 am.
It must be filled with activities NOT reading cause I read books the past 3 years and know all the basic stuff but its time to take action now...

Peterb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 6, 2013
Good question,

The thing i try to do is make sure my free time is 100% not work related, this charges my internal battery enormously and broadens my work.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
There are about 5-7 hours left each day , pure freetime when i get up at 11 am.
It must be filled with activities NOT reading cause I read books the past 3 years and know all the basic stuff but its time to take action now...
5-7 hours every day? :O

Ok so you asked what the most beneficial actions to develop skills that are useful for the fastlane are.
With so much time left every day I guess you are not building your own business already?
The best action would obviously be to start a fastlane business. You always learn the best my practise. It doesn't get any better than that.

The thing i try to do is make sure my free time is 100% not work related, this charges my internal battery enormously and broadens my work.
You are right, however if you want to learn fastlane skills in your free time you obv have to do something that is in some sort related to the fastlane principles.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
I like to play chess... I live with my business partner so it offers nice breaks from day to day work activities.

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
Eating healthy foods, cooking, learning to cook efficient (so you can eat healthy & tasty with little time).
Meditation, a long walk, Yoga, work in the garden, anything that quiets the mind and the noise.
Both very essential in keeping your energy levels high and not getting caught up in your work.
Would be a shame if you miss out on the present. ;)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Water polo
Midget tossing
Whale watching
Paddle boarding
Competitive cheer spectating (the best 2 minutes in sports)
Sex
Horse racing
Gambling
Cigar smoking
Yacht racing
Paintball
Drinking. Whiskey.

Welcome to my weekend.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Talking to people. Cooking. Drawing. Listening to music. Going for a walk, and going to a cafe rather than just staying in.
A light nature and outgoing spirit turned down to a simmer.
Dance.
A catnap, eating, having some booze or other self-medication.

Watching things that are related to biz but on an obscure tangent, that is just enjoyable.

A

Angus

Water polo
Midget tossing
Whale watching
Paddle boarding
Sex
Horse racing
Gambling
Cigar smoking
Yacht racing
Paintball
Drinking. Whiskey.

Welcome to my weekend.
Searched it on Google and almost spitted the water I was drinking. :smilielol:

By the way, 5-7 hours? Are you even doing anything at all?

Zetta

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 31, 2013
Pick up + Extreme sports like skydiving, base jumping, benny jumping etc.

TheJonno

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 9, 2012
Royal Oak, MI
I would like to know why Reading is to be excluded from free time activities and yet you are asking for things that will develop your skills for the Fastlane?
There are other useful activities that could possibly lead to some networking and learning, but what a better way to hone skills and learn than to read as much as possible and teach yourself how to just be better at life?

In my spare time, I read, a lot. I read everything I possibly can that is useful on this forum, as well as many useful books I can get my hands on. Time is of the essence and I don't need to be jerking off.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Midget tossing
Sex
Horse racing
Gambling
Cigar smoking
Yacht racing
Drinking. Whiskey.

[video=youtube;bRB7mozdPb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRB7mozdPb4[/video]

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I workout, try keep my house clean and see my girlfriend. About once per week I might hang out for a couple of hours with friends.

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
Searched it on Google and almost spitted the water I was drinking. :smilielol:

By the way, 5-7 hours? Are you even doing anything at all?

the 5 to 7 hours are freetime
I already read a couple hours a day and do my "work" but that just takes antother 2-4 hours max.
I dont count reading as freetime

I would like to know why Reading is to be excluded from free time activities and yet you are asking for things that will develop your skills for the Fastlane?
There are other useful activities that could possibly lead to some networking and learning, but what a better way to hone skills and learn than to read as much as possible and teach yourself how to just be better at life?

In my spare time, I read, a lot. I read everything I possibly can that is useful on this forum, as well as many useful books I can get my hands on. Time is of the essence and I don't need to be jerking off.

Reading is useless if you dont take action afterwards
thats the thing Im missing.
I dont count reading as freetime I always had set hours were I read about business (mill fastlane,...)

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Find a mentor, and or maybe look around for a mastermind group.

Spend some time figuring out the skills you think you'll need, and try to devise ways to practice them. Then report what you came up with here (and run through it with your mentor, or mastermind group.)

Some suggestions to get you started:
Negotiation - Call up credit card, internet company, whatever, and attempt to negotiate the terms. You can extend this by calling on behalf of other people to negotiate their terms.

Ebay - I don't think it really hit me why this is suggested so often as a starting point, until I read it again on http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/11-poverty-traps.php. Not only will it give you a taste of success (or failure, likely both) but you can actively practice your marketing skills. Presenting your product with pictures, the copywriting, a habit of checking customer emails, upselling, requesting feedback, possibly dealing with refunds, shipping.

Look for problems - I don't remember if it was a video, or a post where MJ said you can find fastlane opportunities on twitter by searching for the words "I hate". I can hear his voice emphasizing that though... When those words come together, there may be an opportunity.
Take a notebook, and start a log.
Sunday, November 24: Noticed a woman step in dog poop at the park. Possible solutions: Park cleaning service. A powder that changes from clear to bright red if an animal craps on it that can be sold to / used on parks. Shoe condoms. Anti-poop spray (rebranded water-repellent to help prevent staining.)
Monday November 25: Amazon reviews 1 star review on watch customer loves, because it runs slow. Company said it's still under warrenty. When sent in for repairs, they said they do not put warrenty on watches sold online, and adjustment would cost $200. Term of warrenty wasn't placed on amazon. (Real review, paraphrased.) solutions: Provide warrenty on all new watch sales. Make sure terms are clearly written, and placed on websites that sell watches.
Tuesday November 26: Searched twitter for "I hate". There's a surprising amount of "I hate remembering painful things". Solution: If you can figure out how to selectively forget, you'll be rich.

*In the end though, I think MakeItHappen is probably right. If you can be actively working towards your business, do that.

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
How about learning a new language?

already doing it but I recommend anyone to go to the country and speak to the natives to really learn it.
This is what I am going to do next.

Need more input guys - things that improve your fastlane skills
Just thought about Acting - it seems to be a top tier quality -I should pursue that hard

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Volunteer at a non-profit. You would be amazed what it will teach you about business.

...and then do this :)

Water polo
Midget tossing
Whale watching
Paddle boarding
Sex
Horse racing
Gambling
Cigar smoking
Yacht racing
Paintball
Drinking. Whiskey.

D

DeletedUser394

Why even bother with weird activities ,that would have at best an extremely marginal correlation to the 'fastlane'?

Do something because you enjoy it. Try new things, meet new people, discover new places, and work on your business.

What improves your fastlane skills? Working on your fastlane. Everything else is just noise.

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
Volunteer at a non-profit. You would be amazed what it will teach you about business.

...and then do this :)

already volunteerd at a non profit once.It was for a few weeks...
it sucked hard 50% of the time.

It was very "spiritualy" enchanced they said "you have to find love in everyday activities ,see the love in cleaning the toilets,..bla bla
you can influence the weather with yoour mind but it can be dangerous for your energy levels, dont eat garlic !! its poisoning your body!"

Its a gamble you have to find the right non profit place and most of the time these suckers want to get PAYED. Yes I am going to pay them 2k to clean their toilets and wash the dishes for the next 2months.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I already work out every day and I do martial arts too.
But you cant do this the whole day.

Network events seem to cost some money that I am currently not willing to spend cause I make money with money and try
to expand my income constanly while living like a peasant.
I also dont really know if such events are available in central europe?

I already read a couple hours a day

already doing it but I recommend anyone to go to the country and speak to the natives to really learn it.

already volunteerd at a non profit once.It was for a few weeks...

Well anything you don't do or did? lol

Need more input guys
What do you expect? You already got over 20 replies...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Audiobooks. You can do an incredible amount while "reading" if you have your books in audio form. As a result of this, I read about 90 books every year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.