The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB/DIGITAL Freelance Developers

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 15, 2007
-
Hi Guys, I know I have read a previous thread on this topic but can't find it so hoping you can help me out.

Does anyone have experiences they can share with hiring freelance developers. I am looking at having some major applications built and would value any advise or pot holes to avoid.

Any Freelance sites you would reccomend for Coldfusion developers?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
www.elance.com

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
To add, is there a way to ask for a final review before any payment is made? I know some Indian outsources let you check out what they did before you pay, but I don't know how successful they have been. If one wished for a major project, a networking website for example, how do you prevent wasting your time and money with incompetent designers who botch the product or take too long?

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
To add, is there a way to ask for a final review before any payment is made?

With Elance, you can setup a series of milestones and pay only when you are happy with each milestone. So you test the work with some small (inexpensive) goals at the front of the project. If you are unhappy you can discontinue and then try someone else.

In my experience you can expect to go through a bit of a "dating" process before finding a developer that you work well with. Think of it like my dating analogy and you'll be okay, marry the first one for your entire project and you'll likely be disappointed.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Depending on the type of applications we can do it. Just shoot me a pm with a bit more detail.

Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom