The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have skills, I have developers and designers team, I have time, I have little finance but can not move ahead

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

zain92

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2023
Hi Fastlane family, I have been very silent read of this family, get lots of motivation many time while reading here. I am programmer and doing software development job on Microsoft technologies. I want to ask one specific thing to all of you guys if anyone can help me and get me out of this situation which frustrates me a lot.

I have skills, I have freelance developers and freelance designers team, I have time after job, I have little finance BUT BUT BUT can not move ahead to wards this website design and development business I do not know why, even I have been doing freelance on and off since long but I always wanted to replace my 9 to 5 job by my own web design and development business.

OR

I am not in hurry i can give myself time of 1 year to stick with plan, can someone also guide me what should be my next 6 months plan to start this website design and development business with my own freelance team.

Thank you in advance if you have any question please ask ask and ask I will answer st. forwardly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022
If you dont mind me asking when was the last time you went through the fastlane book? The fastlane book talks about your exact situation right now.

Around ch33 there is discussion on regarding this topic of why you would or would not jump out of be in the morning to make progress on your big hairy goals. It also talks about making mistakes is like working out in the gym. If you go to the gym and don't allow yourself to sweat your gonna get no results. Conversely if you are gonna go into business and don't allow yourself to make any mistakes your gonna get no results. If I were you I would throw some of your ideas up against chat GPT to get a six month plan in place and then just check in on your trajectory weekly. Use that as a tool to help get the idea juices flowing. Bottom line is there is no 6 month plan in existence that is perfect. You have to be okay with taking imperfect action and know that sweating will happen and that is a good thing.

When I put a request liek yours into chatgpt it gave me some ideas back. its probably 50% good but atleast it's something to start get idea juices flowing

Code:
my goal is to start a web design business what should my milestones be for each month for next 6 months

ChatGPT
Month 1: Business Planning

Define your niche and services.
Create a business plan and budget.
Legal setup (registering business, taxes).
Month 2: Branding and Website

Design your brand (logo, colors).
Develop your own business website.
Month 3: Portfolio and Tools

Build a portfolio with sample designs.
Select web design tools and software.
Month 4: Marketing Strategy

Develop a marketing plan.
Set up social media profiles.
Month 5: Client Acquisition

Start networking and pitching.
Create promotional materials.
Month 6: Operations and Growth

Establish client management processes.
Assess and plan for scaling.

zain92

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2023
If you dont mind me asking when was the last time you went through the fastlane book? The fastlane book talks about your exact situation right now.

Around ch33 there is discussion on regarding this topic of why you would or would not jump out of be in the morning to make progress on your big hairy goals. It also talks about making mistakes is like working out in the gym. If you go to the gym and don't allow yourself to sweat your gonna get no results. Conversely if you are gonna go into business and don't allow yourself to make any mistakes your gonna get no results. If I were you I would throw some of your ideas up against chat GPT to get a six month plan in place and then just check in on your trajectory weekly. Use that as a tool to help get the idea juices flowing. Bottom line is there is no 6 month plan in existence that is perfect. You have to be okay with taking imperfect action and know that sweating will happen and that is a good thing.

When I put a request liek yours into chatgpt it gave me some ideas back. its probably 50% good but atleast it's something to start get idea juices flowing

Code:
my goal is to start a web design business what should my milestones be for each month for next 6 months

ChatGPT

Thanks for your reply

I am not sure but i think my biggest mistake was that i wanted to do all at the same time.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
I'm confused about what's confusing you.

Find a business or person that needs a website > sell them your services > make said website > show client the website > repeat this until you both agree you like the website > take the business or person's money > collect a review > rinse & repeat.

You don't need to waste 6 months jerking off to the idea of owning a web design business. Just start a web design business.

Your problem isn't a lack of knowledge. Your problem is you're afraid to do what you know you should be doing. After all, no one just has "skill and freelance developers" on stand-by for absolutely no reason...

Cheers.

zain92

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2023

Code:

ChatGPT

Book link ?

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Just following up on book link please
The books are available on Amazon. So, if you are like me who resides in some country in Southeast Asia, you have to get the ebook version from Google Play Books (if you have access to Internet, then you have access to Google Play Books).

Here are the book (s):

UNSCRIPTED™ The Great Rat Race Escape: From Wage Slavery to Wealth: How to Start a Purpose-Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime.

The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime.

UNSCRIPTED™: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

Wealth Exposed: This Short Argument I Overheard Made Me a Fortune...Can It Do the Same for You?

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Sound like you want Business guidance or an excuse?

Do x, y, z, then z, y, x for 5 years and you'll be happy and rich! Then do y, z, x for 60 years and finally die.

Brother, go find someone that needs your help, decide if you want to help them, and then help them to the best of your ability.

It's your Business, you build it.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Just following up on book link please
May I ask how did you join this forum, and registering it without even considering the time to look any information like the footer (you do know that web links normally have different color apart from the whole sentences, right?):

www.thefastlaneforum.com_community_index.php_register_.png

LET'S GET BACK TO BUSINESS

I have skills, I have freelance developers and freelance designers team, I have time after job, I have little finance BUT BUT BUT can not move ahead to wards this website design and development business I do not know why, even I have been doing freelance on and off since long but I always wanted to replace my 9 to 5 job by my own web design and development business.
See this Legendary Contributor exact words:

When I worked for Walmart corporate, they forced us to take the "but" thinking out of our vocabulary.

What inevitably follows the "but" is a reason why something can't happen.

"But they had an edge..."
"But it snowed last week and that's why sales are down"
"But I don't have the capital"
"But I work full time"
"But he was born into money"
"But I've never done that before"
"But they've been doing this for 20 years"
"But they have first market movers advantage"
"But that would be a lot of work"
"But I am not sure how to do that"
"But they got lucky"

What if the founder of Walmart had said "I want to do this but KMart is already doing it..." because they were.
This is taken from one of the most greatest thread ever written on this forum entitled, Think Big, And Then Think Bigger Than That. If you click on that link you'll see "GOLD" tag which means it's a MUST READ thread.

I am not in hurry i can give myself time of 1 year to stick with plan, can someone also guide me what should be my next 6 months plan to start this website design and development business with my own freelance team.
"Not in a hurry" is a sin. Why?
You are not the only one doing web design on earth.
You are not the only one who are connected to the World Wide Web with coding skills and abilities (plus a team of freelancers).

In other words, you have more than one competitor(s). Someone who might be a solo web designer can 'steal' your customers. As Mark Cuban said:

Would you like to play a game called Eat Your Lunch? We are going to face off. My ability to execute an idea vs. yours. My ability to subvert your your business vs. your ability to keep it going. My ability to create ways to remove any reason for your business to exist vs. your ability to do the same to me. My ability to know what you are going to do before you do it vs. you , er, doing it! Who gets there first?

In the book Elon Musk by Walter Isaacson, Isaacson wrote the chapter, Musk's Rules for Rocket Building. He said one of the rule "was good for its own sake. It made his engineers engage in first-principles thinking." The rule which Musk repeatedly said was:
Have a maniacal sense of urgency.
Guess why he's a billionaire? And if you have no idea what first-principle thinking is this article might help. The Cook and the Chef: Musk's Secret Sauce. You can use Google, btw. But the depth of meaning of first-principle thinking won't capture the full meaning of it without some context.

Since you are interested in starting a web design and development, I am going to point you to a thread that has landed me my first client in web design (told ya, you're not alone!). How To Learn Code, Start A Web Company, $15k+ Per Month Within 9 Months

Since this thread was written, the O.P. has written a book and set up a course which are all related to web design.

So, you still can't start? What about if you already know enough and who have you helped?

#donespoonfeeding
#donehandholding

Last edited:

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022
Thanks for your reply

I am not sure but i think my biggest mistake was that i wanted to do all at the same time.
Ya 80/20 Pareto principle works in reverse too. 20 percent of the action you take is what does 80% of the heavy lifting. It’s likely not easy but worth the pursuit to find what is the 20% of the 20% of the 20% and focus on that and you get massive leverage. I stole that idea from Darren Hardy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.