The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free service for you ! Yes 0 $

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
So many negative people....

human nature at its best.....

"thing called Google?"...etc etc??? Guys cmon....

Give the kid a list, save yourself hours of YOUR OWN TIME.

Maybe you save a bunch of time?? Maybe what he comes back with isnt perfect? Ok,,...drop him a few lines,....takes a few minutes?.....he improves/fine tunes his work .....now save another block of time for yourself??.

Critics man. This guy could save me 30 hours of tedious bullshit work for free...terrible isnt it?

Anyhow, OP......

good job.

I would like to send you a small job.

I need a list of Canadian Steel fabricators to produce my Amusesment Park Attraction. The list starting from my province and working its way outward.

Fabricator needs to be able to handle fabricating my unit from A-Z....includes on-site paint shop too. I will give details but below are just a few.

Must be able to handle producing my attraction in a 6 month time frame as needed by my potential customers(large size company capable of big and small jobs).

Needs to be able to create as little as one unit to as many as 20+ units within a six month period depending on orders....

Fabricators must have 20+ employees.

I need the info in an easy to read format with links readily available

I will give more details via pm if you accept the job.

OK, so this may save me at least a full day or more of tedious work.

Ok,

Next job, I need stainless steel trolleys 1/4 ton for my attraction

Next job, I need full body harnesses. Details to follow

Next job, I need plastic mould companies capable of producing devil tails for attraction

Next job, I need list of highwire rope fabricators and a comparision in pricing

Next job, I need etc etc etc......

ALL THIS WILL SAVE ME A TON OF TIME....Can this FREE service help you too??

DOESNT HAVE TO BE perfect, i can further advise if something that the OP has sent me is not up to par....

But bottom line is he would save my probably close to 40 hrs of work that i can use elsewhere....

Yes I accept the job PM me other details pls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Create a heat map of North American metal fabrication shops with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 10 technical schools in North America.

Create a heat map of North American engineering consulting firms with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 50 engineering schools in North America.

PM me with links and references.
I have other projects....... However, this one is still not complete and way beyond promised schedule. Will give you until the end of the week since you are hustling and putting yourself out there.

As a tip, better to be late and right.......

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
OP.....

Better to take on less work and satisfy those jobs that you took on....

EVEN IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO....people do not tolerate jobs being late.

For me..... 1 day late feels like 1 month late.

People take tardiness VERY seriously.

Its a quick way to loose respect and legitimacy.

If you think the job will take 3 days, tell them 5 days.

Im looking forward to working with you...

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
OP.....

EVEN IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO....people do not tolerate jobs being late.

Yes I understand , learned that lesson.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
OP.....

Looking forward to working with you too.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Guys service is still ON , feel free to post here or PM me .

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I have other projects....... However, this one is still not complete and way beyond promised schedule. Will give you until the end of the week since you are hustling and putting yourself out there.

As a tip, better to be late and right.......
I get the impression the task you set him would be easy for people with certain research/analysis skills and experience, yet difficult for anyone outside that to produce a quality result.

I'm sure he could probably fixate on it and get something done, but where he is now from a beginner standpoint he's probably worried he'd run the risk of being like the student who spent 50% of their exam time on the hardest question when there were lower hanging fruit. It would certainly be impressive if he managed to pull it off.

Reminds me of the hiring quote about getting young people to send in their job applications via fax. 90%+ will move on to applying for something else they can send in more easily, helpfully eliminating much of the deadwood you wouldn't want to hire anyway.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
I get the impression the task you set him would be easy for people with certain research/analysis skills and experience, yet difficult for anyone outside that to produce a quality result.

I'm sure he could probably fixate on it and get something done, but where he is now from a beginner standpoint he's probably worried he'd run the risk of being like the student who spent 50% of their exam time on the hardest question when there were lower hanging fruit. It would certainly be impressive if he managed to pull it off.

Reminds me of the hiring quote about getting young people to send in their job applications via fax. 90%+ will move on to applying for something else they can send in more easily, helpfully eliminating much of the deadwood you wouldn't want to hire anyway.
I have already done it 24 hours ago , still waiting for rply .

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
why not give a try ??

I am offering free service of web research , lead generation and of preparing excel spreadsheets for you. Those who want please leave a private message.

Consider me as your free human resource,if there is some other work also which you think I can do for you then will do happily.

I am a web geek personally, research is my niche. Be it anything I will research the hell out of it and have results asap.But please post genuine work only, the work which you need.

Even I am willing to transfer 10 rep to you if genuine work posted.
thank you.

Feedbacks.

1.View attachment 10510
One feedback updated, check the attachment .

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Thanks Man I will think of something, wait actually this is more personal but related to work.

Im practicing intermittent fasting. 16 hour fasts, start eating from 12-8pm.

One issue this seems to still be messing up my circadian rhythm and I cant sleep nor wake up til 12pm which I cannot afford to do!

Please help me research how I can overcome this issue and if you need more info please PM me.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Create a heat map of North American metal fabrication shops with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 10 technical schools in North America.
Create a heat map of North American engineering consulting firms with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 50 engineering schools in North America.
PM me with links and references.
Here is the original request.

Here is what was received approximately 3 days after the promised delivery date:
1. All metal fabricators North America - https://www.google.co.in/maps/search/Metal fabricators in North america/@39.4878251,-102.9932321,4z
2. Top 10 Technical schools South America - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zBOos1BlhGiM.kcdI5NSfB_sE&usp=sharing
2. Engineering consulting firms North America - https://www.google.co.in/maps/searc...firms/@39.7756044,-97.812534,5z/data=!3m1!4b1
2. Engineering schools North America - https://www.google.co.in/maps/searc...erica/@36.144959,-98.5429321,4z/data=!3m1!4b1

Thoughts:
Basically received a google search that would need to be sifted through. For instance, Shiloh High School is listed in the search for Engineering schools..... Probably not in the top 50 engineering schools.....
Your work is appreciated. Now that I understand your capability better, maybe I could use you when I need someone to get us in the general vicinity of the information that we are looking for and could then pay someone else to sift further. Appreciate the help and hope you keep going forward! Let me know when your skills are a little further refined.

Agreed. That was one purpose of the request. To assess that ability.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Here is the original request.

Here is what was received approximately 3 days after the promised delivery date:
1. All metal fabricators North America - https://www.google.co.in/maps/search/Metal fabricators in North america/@39.4878251,-102.9932321,4z
2. Top 10 Technical schools South America - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zBOos1BlhGiM.kcdI5NSfB_sE&usp=sharing
2. Engineering consulting firms North America - https://www.google.co.in/maps/searc...firms/@39.7756044,-97.812534,5z/data=!3m1!4b1
2. Engineering schools North America - https://www.google.co.in/maps/searc...erica/@36.144959,-98.5429321,4z/data=!3m1!4b1

Thoughts:
Basically received a google search that would need to be sifted through. For instance, Shiloh High School is listed in the search for Engineering schools..... Probably not in the top 50 engineering schools.....
Your work is appreciated. Now that I understand your capability better, maybe I could use you when I need someone to get us in the general vicinity of the information that we are looking for and could then pay someone else to sift further. Appreciate the help and hope you keep going forward! Let me know when your skills are a little further refined.

Agreed. That was one purpose of the request. To assess that ability.
Yes I agree with you. Still if you have any other job available I would like you to test me on a paid basis ( nominal fee ).
You won't find another man on earth who could do a better job.

To be honest it was hard to find time, motivation to perform free services. I got some other paid , free , college work while doing all this.
I apologize for late work. That second map of top 10 schools has been custom created by me.

Thanks a ton for feedback :)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Yes I agree with you. Still if you have any other job available I would like you to test me on a paid basis ( nominal fee ).
You won't find another man on earth who could do a better job.
To be honest it was hard to find time, motivation to perform free services. I got some other paid , free , college work while doing all this.
I apologize for late work. That second map of top 10 schools has been custom created by me.
Thanks a ton for feedback :)
Just a tip...... a new client DOES NOT CARE about your excuses. This actually makes things worse. Had we been doing business for years and you contacted us and let us know what was going on and that it would be late, we would be fine with it. You would have built up a level of trust that would have helped us understand. As a new client, promising us a free service and then telling us you would have done it if we had paid is a 'bait and switch' and puts you further down the list of people we would use. Task is still not complete. You dug yourself even further in the hole when you said 'no one could do a better job' and that now you want a paid task.......

Complete the task we originally were promised and we will consider using you as a future resource.

Hope that feedback helps...... you will not often get any feedback from clients, your emails / calls would just get ignored.......

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Just a tip...... a new client DOES NOT CARE about your excuses. This actually makes things worse. Had we been doing business for years and you contacted us and let us know what was going on and that it would be late, we would be fine with it. You would have built up a level of trust that would have helped us understand. As a new client, promising us a free service and then telling us you would have done it if we had paid is a 'bait and switch' and puts you further down the list of people we would use. Task is still not complete. You dug yourself even further in the hole when you said 'no one could do a better job' and that now you want a paid task.......

Complete the task we originally were promised and we will consider using you as a future resource.

Hope that feedback helps...... you will not often get any feedback from clients, your emails / calls would just get ignored.......
Yes that helps.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
I'm not sure what's actually going on here but I love your enthusiasm, Shubham the Google it guru.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Today is Monday sept 14th.

Job description was received by OP on sept 6th.

He promised for 3 days later.

Still have not received.

My assessment:

EPIC FAIL.

I would not use him in future nor would I recommend his services to anyone.

Last edited:

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
WHAT A COP OUT.

How is what you just posted above anything even remotely close of what I sent u for job description???

This is your spreadsheet????

Above is what u came up with in 8 days?

That's a 20 minute job for me to do.

Excuses kid.

Not how things are done.

Below was my job description and above is what you posted? Half assed.

Read below:

cromannot a humanoidFASTLANE INSIDERS Speedway Pass
Ok, thanks again for taking on this job,

Read below:

-Custom Steel fabricators in Canada that can do and small and large jobs.

specialize in custom fabrication….not small machined parts.

List in order……

custom steel fabricators in Canada from largest to smallest(number of employees and size of facility) Must be a separate list for each province. List must have a minimum of 25 employees working in company.

For each province a separate list….

List 1: 15,000-24,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 2: 25,000-49,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 3: 50,000-74,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 4: 75,000-99,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 5: 100,000+++ sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

Make an easy to read spread sheet.

• Company name
  • Brief company description
  • Website address
  • Email and contact name
  • address, city, and province
  • years in business
  • What do they specialize in
  • do they have onsite paint shop?
  • how many square feet of fabricating space at location
  • number of employees(must be over 25 employees)
  • km or miles drive from Hamilton, Ontario
  • flight time from toronto airport to companies city or closest airport city

Let me know a completion date.

If there are any questions please ask.

thanks in advance,
Croman

Last edited by a moderator:

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
WHAT A COP OUT.

How is what you just posted above anything even remotely close of what I sent u for job description???

This is your spreadsheet????

Above is what u came up with in 8 days?

That's a 20 minute job for me to do.

Excuses kid.

Not how things are done.

Below was my job description and above is what you posted? Half assed.

Read below:

cromannot a humanoidFASTLANE INSIDERS Speedway Pass
Ok, thanks again for taking on this job,

Read below:

-Custom Steel fabricators in Canada that can do and small and large jobs.

specialize in custom fabrication….not small machined parts.

List in order……

custom steel fabricators in Canada from largest to smallest(number of employees and size of facility) Must be a separate list for each province. List must have a minimum of 25 employees working in company.

For each province a separate list….

List 1: 15,000-24,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 2: 25,000-49,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 3: 50,000-74,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 4: 75,000-99,999 sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

List 5: 100,000+++ sq foot facility with 25+ employees for each province

Make an easy to read spread sheet.

• Company name
  • Brief company description
  • Website address
  • Email and contact name
  • address, city, and province
  • years in business
  • What do they specialize in
  • do they have onsite paint shop?
  • how many square feet of fabricating space at location
  • number of employees(must be over 25 employees)
  • km or miles drive from Hamilton, Ontario
  • flight time from toronto airport to companies city or closest airport city

Let me know a completion date.

If there are any questions please ask.

thanks in advance,
Croman
Yes I completely agree with you , Please accept 500rep+ as a apology token.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.