The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Insider Subscription, How Has "Fastlane" Helped You?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
The fastlane book opened my eyes to the reality that it's not a pipe dream to work hard and build a successful business or at least a hustle that pays the bills.

I used to think in terms of stereotypes like get rich quick schemes, and that the rich are probably corrupt or something.
Some of it's undoubtedly true, but you CAN change your life by putting in honest time and effort. It's not like playing the lottery.

The second thing is the Fastlane as a lifestyle.
If you think like a slowlaner, it's gonna be real hard to be motivated to put years into taking swings at the plate.
As a fastlaner, its gonna be real hard to live in the slowlane.
The mentality change is so powerful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

antondimitrov

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 2, 2019
I worked mostly in the restaurant industry, few months ago I was still a barback and I was blinded from the paychecks, I was making 80+ a year from washing glasses and helping bartenders, like most of us could not wait for my 2 days off to do something (no idea what, but nothing productive).

So going back 2 years ago i was still in the same position except i was getting tired of this and got interested in trading stocks, decided I will pick up few books and start educating myself and I liked that how much I learned about the markets and the trading and investing I was happy to get this knowledge. Slowly started realizing that this trading is pure luck, no one could create a software or write 100 books on the subject and beat the system in any way. I was giving one last chance to some "guru" on the stock market, i think his name had something to do with superman i don't remember now. But he had a section in his website with the books he read and recommended.

MJ's MFL was the first one, i was looking and looking trying to decide which book should i read from the list... ended up picking the MFL. I was mostly reading during slow morning shifts. It took me 2 weeks to finish it. I was happy and i told myself that i've made a good choice because it gave me so much knowledge about how to structure and operate a business I thought my eyes were being opened for the first time ... little did i know my eyes were still closed until i read The UNscripted .

I had moments while reading the book i had to stop and take a break because i felt sick in my stomach of how blinded i was from the scripted life and the system but mostly how much I've wasted my years of doing NOTHING. Now my eyes and ears are tuned to "look" for things to be improved or created. I started a new habit of waking up early even thou i go to sleep late bc of my job, spent an hour of meditation. And now patiently waiting for my paycheck so i can subscribe for the INSIDERS forum for at least 6 months.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

maverick

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Yes. Taking action always gets rewarded!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes. Taking action always gets rewarded!

Yes, thank you. Let me personally thank you for paying it forward. Are you coming to the Fastlane Summit in February?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maverick

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Yes, thank you. Let me personally thank you for paying it forward. Are you coming to the Fastlane Summit in February?
No, won't be able to make it. Will be skiing in Austria then but definitely up for coming over to Arizona in the near future (if you'll have me ;-)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.