The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

free domain appraisals at NameBoy

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I was checking on some domains on NameBoy and noticed they are now offering their appraisal service for free now. I figured I'd try it out and sent in my first appraisal for idabit.com. About 10 minutes later I received an email analyzing my domain name through a few different factors and they gave it an appraisal of $4305. I sent in four other domains that I like and am now waiting on those.

Has anybody ever used this service? Seem to be accurate?

Here is the link to the free appraisals.

http://www.nameboy.com/nameboyappraisal/order.php

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Never used it, but I think that may be a bit high unless they're banking on you selling to an end user.

Nice 6 letter, but what are it's uses? Might change my perception (i-da-bit ? i-dab-it ? or am I slow today, lol).

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Never used it, but I think that may be a bit high unless they're banking on you selling to an end user.

Nice 6 letter, but what are it's uses? Might change my perception (i-da-bit ? i-dab-it ? or am I slow today, lol).

Here is a review of their appraisal for a better understanding of how they are analyzed. In the end it's just an appraisal, it could bring more or less, still interesting none the less.

I pronounce it i-dab-it and thought it was a cool, catchy name. I think there is an idea or two that could be implemented to help brand it. I've got another name, tapdap.com, that is the same way. It was appraised at 7700.

spacer.gif
- domain: idabit
spacer.gif
- tld: com
spacer.gif
- length: 6
spacer.gif
- idabit contains no hyphens
spacer.gif
- idabit contains no digits

spacer.gif
Adjusted for word count of 3:

spacer.gif
Total internet occurrence value : 1195
spacer.gif
Total internet market value : 6.75
spacer.gif
Nameboy search frequency value : 1.5
spacer.gif
Proper Name Value : 0

Appraisal Analysis and Explanation
-----------------------------------

Initial Valuation Criteria

NameBoy believes the TLD (top level domain) of a domain name is very important. The TLD determines the memorability of the domain, and better TLDs convey a more professional and experienced business. COM, NET, and ORG are currently the most credible and well known TLDs. The familiarity and credibility of newer TLDs will likely increase with time. A TLD of .COM is very valuable.

The number of characters in a domain affects the value of that domain. Shorter domain names are more valuable. The fewer characters a name contains, the easier it is to type and remember. Your name is fairly short (six to ten characters long). This adds value to your domain.

Hyphens generally detract from the value of a domain. Your name contains no hyphens, which increases the value of your domain.

Digits in a domain name, as in horses4sale.com, decrease the value of a domain. Your name contains no digits, which increases the value of your domain.

Market Based Appraisal Criteria

The number of words in a domain affects the value of that domain. Names with fewer words are considered to be more memorable, and therefore more valuable. Your name is three English words. This is less valuable than one or two.

NameBoy uses major search engines to determine how much content exists on the Internet with your keywords. The Internet frequency of these words is a good way of determining the current buyers market for individual terms and the level of industry-specific activity. This element of your appraisal score is very time sensitive, the popularity of a given term may fluctuate often as the market changes and new fields grow. Your domain contains keywords that produce a large number of search results. This increases the value of your domain.

NameBoy uses an index of the search value of your keywords to determine the value of your domain in a sellers and advertising market. Your domain contains keywords that have some search value. This adds to the value of your domain.

The NameBoy.com search frequency allows us to rate the words we find in your domain against our own proprietary list of searches. This is a very good indication of whats hot in the industry right now. Keywords in your domain name are occasionally searched for on NameBoy.com, which adds to the value of your domain name.

Appraised Dollar Value

As you can see, a number of metrics go into this appraisal. We think NameBoy appraisals are the best, most objective, and most intelligible domain name appraisals available. Our valuations are more realistic than others, and, on occasion our valuations are sometimes as low as zero dollars. Your domain has a very high appraisal value. Congratulations! Remember that this is only an approximate dollar value, and there is no guarantee that you will be able to sell or buy the domain for this amount.

Appraisal Value of idabit.com
spacer.gif
- Dollar Value is $4305

Thank you very much for choosing NameBoy for your appraisal. Visit nameboy.com to use all of our other services.

NameBoy accepts no legal responsibility for the accuracy of this appraisal.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Cool. I would have to agree, there are plenty of ways to niche and brand those. But, imo, that's where the value will come from unless you find an end user that wants to develop.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I would never trust those free appraisals. Theres way too many factors to account.

I also believe that appraisal is way off. For the worse.

It's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

Since its a brandable, it could be $0 or someone could offer you $100k..

I recommend looking at similar domains on namebio if you have similar keywords.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Junk pretty much, i did all mine through them and it said i had 200K worth. like someone mentioned, they aren't worth a thing until you find someone that wants to pay something for them.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
The site would be a lot better if they actually appraised it correctly and then get the domain! They could this by appraising the domain that was sent to them. Lets say its worth $500. Then email the owner saying "We will purchase your domain right now for $400!". So if the owner decides to sell they get the domain for less than the real value. I think this would be a good way to gather valuable domains. Of course you wouldn't have to send that email to everyone. Just the ones you wanted.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
The site would be a lot better if they actually appraised it correctly and then get the domain! They could this by appraising the domain that was sent to them. Lets say its worth $500. Then email the owner saying "We will purchase your domain right now for $400!". So if the owner decides to sell they get the domain for less than the real value. I think this would be a good way to gather valuable domains. Of course you wouldn't have to send that email to everyone. Just the ones you wanted.
Not a bad idea, but then you'd lose credibility with your valuation because why would you value a domain for higher than it's worth if you are trying to buy it?

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Wow, if this appraisal service is anywhere close to accurate, I would be happy. :)

Registered a site name a few months ago - one of my lack of focus moments - decided I wanted to start an environmentally conscious site for girls.

green4girls.com

Nameboy claims it is worth $6949.

I won't bank on it but thanks for the link!

mark88hosting

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2008
NameBoy has given me greatly detailed - and very generous appraisals of my .com domains and if they are correct, my portfolio is worth over $1,000,000. However, they are far less generous with their appraisals of .org, .mobi, and others. Also, I have gotten the same domains appraised from other reputable services, with the appraisal values worth only a tiny fraction of what NameBoy gives to the same .com domains, but considerably higher appraisal values for .mobi.

I don't think there is any consenus or standardization of criteria for domain appraisals - including "certified" ones; it is what specific buyers what at specific points in time.

The NameBoy results are extremely encouraging nonetheless.

NICK870123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 1, 2008
England
I wouldn't trust them. So domains are only worth what someones willing to pay for them.

I did a Google.com appraisal and they said that it was worth a massive sum of:

$4,008

If green4girls.com is worth more than Google.com than something must be wrong with their system. I did another appraisal at a different site and they valued Google.com at:

$1,100,000,000

Thats more like it, mostly based on page views and other factors. Although $1bn is still undervalued in my opinion.

But as Mark said that their results are extremely encouraging, now you just have to find someone that would pay for it.

mark88hosting

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2008
I think one of the limitations in NameBoy's valuation algorithm is that it doesn't take into account the value of brand names. It also severely discounts numbers substituted for letters, such as w1ne.com -- which has received far higher valuations elsewhere. That being said, it places relatively high value on domains like 1wine.com.

thilak

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2011
Fine!!Like this type of sites there are so many of them giving a domain appraisal , in that way i got my appraisal value for my domain through this site removed by mod, it provides the best certified domain name appraisal and also we can either appraise a single domain name or upto 10 domain names in a single shot.

Link removed by Runum. It was reported as spam. New members are not allowed to post links to their business until they have 50 quality posts. Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.