• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB/DIGITAL nameboy.com appraisals credible?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by LightHouse, Jan 18, 2008.

1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,763
    I found a listing while browsing the business section of CL and found an ad for domains. They were all crap but had supposedly nice appraisals on them. I contacted the seller to ask where the appraisals where done and she pointed me to nameboy.com. I found some recommendations over to them via google search so i figured i would dump the 50~ domains i have in there. In total it was almost 180K value for all of them most ranging from 2500-6000 one being 15k. Do those apraisals hold their weight at all. I would like to beleive so just for the fact of getting domains to start acting like the e-real estate they are but... who am I!

Has anyone used them in the past and sold a domain from the valuation or atleast used it as a reference? I understand they are free and you get what you pay for....

2. HenkHolland

HenkHolland Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Except for real top of the bill generic domain names, I don't put any value in such appraisals. I had 12 of my domain names appraised by greatdomains.com resulting in values in excess of $5k for each of them. I ended up selling them for amounts between $200 and $1500, which given the fact that I only had them for 2 years, was not bad at all. Two years registration fee (@ $7.95 per year) meant an investment of $15.90. So, even the names that I sold for $200 (which were 5 in total) gave me an annualized ROI of more than 500%.

When I offer domain names for sale I don't use appraisals anymore. I just request offers and follow my gut feeling for judging the fairness of an offer.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.