- Joined
- Mar 30, 2019
- Messages
- 179
Rep Bank
$805
$805
User Power: 135%
Everyone wants to claim freedom, everyone wants to claim financial security and freedom from the script. Some have done this; but most of them gloss over what they started with, what they came from, and some of the worst battles. Popular biographies and blog posts tend to be some of the worst offenders.
This thread is going to be different.
I am exactly like all of you; a random 23 year old who has a base desire to make a change and gain his own freedom, and improve the lives of his family and provide value.
I've been reaching for the fastlane for a few years, but have fallen short; I'll kick off the thread with my past failures from before the forum; and will document my new ideations, explorations, and processes as time goes on. I know who I am, but I'm just as lost as anybody else.
Part of the process to get where I'm at involved some failures, I'm much better now with everything I've done since college and in the past year, but looking back on these still stings.
Venture #1 (Failed) Commission artist
In 2015, after taking a digital art class in college; I started providing portraits for people's personal use and commercial use. I managed to make one big sale of 150$ dollars to a vape juice company, took my payment in vape juice, and never got another project after that point.
I failed in large part due to the fact that I had no processes in place to 1) Keep steadily improving and 2) reach out and find new clients, nor the motivation to (??? I know right?)
I had options to do work for the Company owner's friends, but the work seemed insurmountable to me at the time, and I passed on it without ever bothering to try
Venture #2 (Abandoned?) Amazon PoD Niche T-shirt Business
After an FTE moment and a month of face to the grind wheel at work; I binged through some basic "passive income" resources (4HWW and /r/entrepreneur on reddit) and set up a PoD Niche amazon store; I never put product onto amazon as I felt I needed an instagram following. To this day, 7 months later, the instagram has never gotten more than 120 followers.
I failed here due in large part to 1) Niche was too small, and already capitalized by a media conglomerate who have had hands in the niche since 2011 and overlap with other niches and 2) Never getting the courage to actually put something up. In the time since I set this all up last september, the PoD amazon space has EXPLODED, with even 3,000 subscriber youtube gaming channels hucking shirts. I assumed I needed to gain enough of an edge to rise above the crowd, instead, I sunk to the depths.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now: I've just read through TMF and almost finished with Unscripted . I've identified 3 potential avenues forward, and have selected an avenue involving a web platform and content-aggregation service targeting a niche that has has services and resources all over the place, but not concisely aggregated and curated. I need more time to ply myself with platform building, but I want to set up a wireframe and test it with friends who are regular users in the space. If this seems to get positive reviews, I have no issue with renting a virtual private server and putting it out into the world to see the public reaction. Should that not succeed, fail fast, pick it back up, and get going at the next one.
Au revoir, Á demain
This thread is going to be different.
I am exactly like all of you; a random 23 year old who has a base desire to make a change and gain his own freedom, and improve the lives of his family and provide value.
I've been reaching for the fastlane for a few years, but have fallen short; I'll kick off the thread with my past failures from before the forum; and will document my new ideations, explorations, and processes as time goes on. I know who I am, but I'm just as lost as anybody else.
Part of the process to get where I'm at involved some failures, I'm much better now with everything I've done since college and in the past year, but looking back on these still stings.
Venture #1 (Failed) Commission artist
In 2015, after taking a digital art class in college; I started providing portraits for people's personal use and commercial use. I managed to make one big sale of 150$ dollars to a vape juice company, took my payment in vape juice, and never got another project after that point.
I failed in large part due to the fact that I had no processes in place to 1) Keep steadily improving and 2) reach out and find new clients, nor the motivation to (??? I know right?)
I had options to do work for the Company owner's friends, but the work seemed insurmountable to me at the time, and I passed on it without ever bothering to try
Venture #2 (Abandoned?) Amazon PoD Niche T-shirt Business
After an FTE moment and a month of face to the grind wheel at work; I binged through some basic "passive income" resources (4HWW and /r/entrepreneur on reddit) and set up a PoD Niche amazon store; I never put product onto amazon as I felt I needed an instagram following. To this day, 7 months later, the instagram has never gotten more than 120 followers.
I failed here due in large part to 1) Niche was too small, and already capitalized by a media conglomerate who have had hands in the niche since 2011 and overlap with other niches and 2) Never getting the courage to actually put something up. In the time since I set this all up last september, the PoD amazon space has EXPLODED, with even 3,000 subscriber youtube gaming channels hucking shirts. I assumed I needed to gain enough of an edge to rise above the crowd, instead, I sunk to the depths.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now: I've just read through TMF and almost finished with Unscripted . I've identified 3 potential avenues forward, and have selected an avenue involving a web platform and content-aggregation service targeting a niche that has has services and resources all over the place, but not concisely aggregated and curated. I need more time to ply myself with platform building, but I want to set up a wireframe and test it with friends who are regular users in the space. If this seems to get positive reviews, I have no issue with renting a virtual private server and putting it out into the world to see the public reaction. Should that not succeed, fail fast, pick it back up, and get going at the next one.
Au revoir, Á demain
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
