Hi,
I found a product that I think have potential.
After doing some DD I found out this particular product has a patent in US (and also Australia).
When looking on Alibaba the manufacturer (he is not the holder of the patent) is still selling this product and offered me to send some samples.
Obviously finding out that this product has a patent will temporarily halt the idea. If I buy the product through the Chinese manufacturer the patent would still apply – I mean the patent is for the ‘idea and function of the product”? How come the current patent holder allow the manufacturer to sell his patent product? I guess the product is not patented in all countries and that is why the manufacturer can sell it??
Thanks
J
I found a product that I think have potential.
After doing some DD I found out this particular product has a patent in US (and also Australia).
When looking on Alibaba the manufacturer (he is not the holder of the patent) is still selling this product and offered me to send some samples.
Obviously finding out that this product has a patent will temporarily halt the idea. If I buy the product through the Chinese manufacturer the patent would still apply – I mean the patent is for the ‘idea and function of the product”? How come the current patent holder allow the manufacturer to sell his patent product? I guess the product is not patented in all countries and that is why the manufacturer can sell it??
Thanks
J
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
