The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forum Upgraded w/Sister Site

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well it was a long night and its time to go to bed. I didn't finish the job entirely so I will have to resume tomorrow.

As you can see, the forum has been upgraded to the latest version, a slight redesign, as well as the launch of the Fastlane's sister site which features some of my writings.

Please understand that I did not finish the upgrade process. Some design elements still need to be tweaked and I haven't reinstalled the plugins so some of the usual features are currently disabled. (Things like top rep speed, who has visited, vid's etc.)

I should be able to get these things back operational soon as well as the user login bridge to the sister site (click on "Fastlane Home" to see that).

The latest software here at the forum has some great things available to us and as soon as I learn about them, I will post it here.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also, at some point, a few folks might need to change their browser bookmarks as the default home page will no longer be the forum.

D

DeletedUser394

I love the upgrades, and I can't wait to get in line for your book! :fastlane:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If we used the standard VBulliten Skin, we were switched over? Id there anyway to get it back. It is much more efficient for my to use as i am used to it. I cannot find the option now to change the skin back to what it was.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I'm assuming you already know this, and I'm probably wasting my time telling you since you are NOT done the upgrades, but in firefox the car is shifted to the left and covers the text "Welcome to the fastlane forums...."

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great job on the new site. Looks like our little pool party here is going to get a lot bigger!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Awesome, I love it MJ! Congrats and I already filled the preorder form.

You know I would gladly help if you need a hand on the website :)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
MJ,

Excellent update to the site. Your full length story is very inspirational. I like how the forum had stayed as the main page and the overall theme is still very similar.

I do miss the orange lambo though. Sorry it just has more style.

-Just a heads up on the posting box which I am typing in right now. It seems to be shrunk down and has type 6 font. Well small font anyway. I know your working out the kinks, just wanted to pass this along.

edit: the edit box is correct though. I'm using firefox btw.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
I'm still undecided about this design but my guts feeling says that an orange Lambo is a little more authentic than a silver one, just like a red Ferrari is. But again, this is just a feeling that could be a result of familiarization...
The technical changes are just excellent like the main menu style.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I loved the orange lambo as well, but I'm ok with change :D

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Just a heads-up, only the first page displays in "My Story" in the Fastlane main site. Once or twice when I clicked the link, it displayed the area to click to view the other pages, but most of the time, it just gets cut off towards the bottom of the first of the three pages.

The links to the pages due appear to flash up when the page first loads, but then they disappear. I haven't been able to isolate the problem and figure out when and why it occurs, but I'm using Internet Explorer. I just tried it in FireFox and it worked fine consistently.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thx Ryan, I am aware of the problem as well as the array of other idiosyncrasies (like member profiles). Its an IE problem. I didn't know anyone still surfed with IE, :pbut nonetheless, I will have it fixed.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Thx Ryan, I am aware of the problem as well as the array of other idiosyncrasies (like member profiles). Its an IE problem. I didn't know anyone still surfed with IE, :pbut nonetheless, I will have it fixed.
Haha...I don't really know why I do either. I used Firefox for a while, then when they released the new IE, I switched back.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
What exactly is the process for ordering a book right now? I was going to put my info in on the sister site but wasn't for sure it was ready yet. Is it accepting currently MJ?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007

too lazy to change!!!

is it worth the effort?

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
It is definitely worth the effort. There is nothing in IE that makes it better than any of the other browsers (Ok, just firefox, but Safari is good to, and Opera is just "OK").

So on top of not being above average, you have more security issues to be aware of. IE has the worst security, simply because hackers know that the average internet user will be using IE.

Sorry for the small hi-jack.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It is definitely worth the effort. There is nothing in IE that makes it better than any of the other browsers (Ok, just firefox, but Safari is good to, and Opera is just "OK").

So on top of not being above average, you have more security issues to be aware of. IE has the worst security, simply because hackers know that most of the average internet user bases uses it.

Sorry for the small hi-jack.

That's why I never use it anymore outside of development. I'm still working on the particular IE issue.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the IE problem is fixed ... I haven't been able to duplicate it. If anyone checks using IE, please make sure you have a current page up and not a cached version. The current page has disclaimer text in the footer (much like here at the forum.)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
report from an IE surfer-

buttons in member profile appear as x's

main site- ads/menus on right and content are seperate, so I have to scroll down a good bit till the ads are gone for the content ot appear. happens on all the content pages. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I emailed you about a typo, not sure if you got it.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I know we are still in the process here, but I just wanted to bring up the missing button at the bottom of threads to bring you back to the home page. Tha.t was nice feature

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know we are still in the process here, but I just wanted to bring up the missing button at the bottom of threads to bring you back to the home page. Tha.t was nice feature

I re-added that link below the Next / Previous buttons.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.