The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ForgottenUser's Introduction

ForgottenUser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 20, 2015
Federal Way, Washington
Hello Fastlane Community,

I’m a 15-year-old from Washington State in the United States. I stumbled upon the community when I was looking for a good resource as to how to start a business (go figure). My long term goal is to be financially independent from another person or entity. This doesn't mean shiploads of cash - on the contrary I’ve always done better with less. A sum that would afford me the ability to do as I wish (travel, help others through charity, etc.) would be good.

I’m almost completely new to the entrepreneurial scene. I’ve got a number of ideas, but most of them are filed into a document for later, and I have a singular project I’m working on (and it satisfies CENTS) that will require considerably more skill than I currently have. I plan to spend time reading up on the engineering, business, and coding aspects of the project, but I still have a few questions I’d like answered if anyone would be so kind.

Thank you all and I’m looking forward to being here.

Cheers,
-ForgottenUser

Questions:

• I’ve been looking into a field that seems to have very little in the way of competition. Their products are impractical, and fixing that issue would provide massive amounts of value to people. I’m new to entrepreneurship, and I’m curious what sorts of difficulties a business with a mostly unestablished market faces.
  • How do I go about navigating IP/Patents and NDA’s with potential manufacturers? How should I screen for manufacturers that are reliable (I’ll likely have my manufacturing done overseas, and I’m in the US)? Any special insight?
  • How do you go about developing decent contacts? I’d imagine asking people out of the blue ‘hey help me’ is going to do nothing. They are busy and don’t get anything back, and my credibility is negligible in many people's’ eyes considering age.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...