The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For Twitter Users

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Came across this site recently which allows you to follow a complete Twitter conversation. Type in the name you want to see. Also, you can search tweets by topic, which has great marketing advantages.

Follow Twitter Conversations - Quotably.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I wasn't impressed with Quotably, when I searched for conversations that I know, it was not accurate at all, which they must be aware of since they have a link to "fix" beside each conversation.

Also, they only allow you to search on user names and not keywords, meaning if I put golf in as my search it only brings back one user named "golf". Very limiting.

You can use Twitter's built in search feature (formerly known as Summize) to do searches and it is much more accurate (and will update in real time) and allows keyword searches as well as user names.

Twitter Search

Also if you are using it for marketing, don't forget that you can use negative keywords.

So rather than typing in golf as your term, which will bring back very broad and overwhelming results.

You can use:

golf -mini -disc -frisbee

which will remove all the tweets that have the "-" words in them and get back more targeted posts from real golfers :)

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I had to go back and dig to find it, but this is where I found it and gives a good demo. The topic search I did myself using the top right hand search box, which is powered by Summize.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iL8ZGPAf4A]YouTube - Why I Dont Follow On Twitter...Much[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.