The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For the love of God, STOP using boilerplate pitches.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Not sure who you are talking about (Anthony Robbins?). I have a friend who helps podcasters get their postcasts out (not giving away more than that on a public forum). 100% Legitimate business

We went to the same college our senior year and I would always come home (roommates) and he was always in his room hustling. Immigrant too. Taught me quite a bit.

Selling the shovels usually works.
Tony Robbins... Dude who has been hired as a life coach for past presidents, athletes, celebrities... Big tall white dude... YouTube him... People drink too much of his kool aid...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I'm trying to figure out how to be like these big shots. They're very clever. I wanna join the bandwagon and get my share.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I'm trying to figure out how to be like these big shots. They're very clever. I wanna join the bandwagon and get my share.
My man, I think you just realized " the game". Fat people will knowingly eat foods that will make them gain weight, people buy cigarettes knowing its killing them, people buy oils/vitamins/diet plans that claim to help those who can't grow a straight up Viking style beard, etc.

People will do or buy anything if it's marketd right knowing it's snake oil. Find your way to bundle that into a package then sell it...

Go to AA meetings and pass out coupons for local liquor stores for a service ;)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
My man, I think you just realized " the game". Fat people will knowingly eat foods that will make them gain weight, people buy cigarettes knowing its killing them, people buy oils/vitamins/diet plans that claim to help those who can't grow a straight up Viking style beard, etc.

People will do or buy anything if it's marketd right knowing it's snake oil. Find your way to bundle that into a package then sell it...

Go to AA meetings and pass out coupons for local liquor stores for a service ;)
Lmao! :rofl:

Seriously tho, I'm about to do that. Sounds unethical but I'm trying to sell snake oil out here. Paradox of practice FTW.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I am about to open an ETSY account and then go to a craft store and purchase tons of little glass jars. Swing BT Costco to pick up a 5 gallon bucket if olive oil... Fill my jar, put in a cork, and make some labels that say "Snake Oil" then sell it... Who doesn't want to have a jar of snake oil on their desk as a novelity item..?

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Create 6-10 steps then a catchy name for each chapter. Use s free trial of WordAI. Copy each article from about.com into WordAI then click spin. Print or post in a blog...

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I am about to open an ETSY account and then go to a craft store and purchase tons of little glass jars. Swing BT Costco to pick up a 5 gallon bucket if olive oil... Fill my jar, put in a cork, and make some labels that say "Snake Oil" then sell it... Who doesn't want to have a jar of snake oil on their desk as a novelity item..?
You should seriously consider taking action on this idea.

One guy sells potatoes online and people actually buy from him.

View: https://youtu.be/B63NCqF3lKo

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Easy to implement. Might net you a couple of hundred $$$/mo.
Exactly. For myself even though I know how stupid/it's a joke basically it is a way to get my mind thinking very creatively on how to sell the worst or most NOT purchased if ever purchased item! :)

Etsy account is up, totally feeling like a soccer or some hipster from Portland who is a part time "bicycle courier"/part time jewelry creator selling their crap on Etsy not going to lie haha.

Time to find jars and get some quality stock photos for this baby.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I should probably move this to another thread or part of the forum but would you prefer "aged" snake oil in a more vintage style glass BPA free bottle or in a newer more colorful catchy bottle made from plastic?IMG_20170126_084826.jpg

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I should probably move this to another thread or part of the forum but would you prefer "aged" snake oil in a more vintage style glass BPA free bottle or in a newer more colorful catchy bottle made from plastic?View attachment 14038
lol, imo the latter. More modern.

(Sorry for off-topic).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!