The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For the Love of Sports

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I know that recreational sports don't tie into financial freedom too well but I have found a link.

I have always loved sports. Not only have I participated for the majority of my life, but I coached all 3 of my children in everything they wanted to play in. I have over 20-25 seasons of coaching and loved it to the extremes.

I have played competitive softball, soccer, and run on a team for many years. Some of these teams were sponsored. At the age of 49, I am beginning to turn in some of my best running times ever and I expect to continue this into my 50's!!! Thanks to Biophase, my wife and I are back in the softball gig. My wife and her family are all golfers (yes, it is a sport) so I took that up as well.

Well, here is the link. Since I have left my job a number of years ago, there is now time in my schedule. There is time to put in 60-80 miles a week, attend the gym a couple of times, and spend a couple days out on the golf course.

Another non-issue is the cost of gear. I remember trying to save enough in my budget to get cleats for me and the kids. Another $20 for a better brand was difficult. A new "top of the line" bat? Forget it... Now, I don't get the "latest and greatest" golf clubs because I'm not worthy. Not because they cost too much. But, I don't have to worry about keeping the drive for fitness alive!

I love it. :hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, it all comes down to the same factor... Time.
If you have to spend 9 hours in your office and two or more in commute then you barely have time for your family and friends, and to sleep, so you now don't have any time for sports, gym, running, etc.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I love sports! I'm hoping some of the free time I'll be able to spend in the future will allow me to coach baseball. When I play and see all of the injustices that go on within a team, I wish I had a coach that could make things right. I want to be that coach!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.