The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For the bloggers

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
So I have recently aquired a blog and have been researching ideas for promoting my blog so I can generate some income. I have read some of you guys talk about how you should be creating 2 versions of the articles, one for the article sites, and one for your own site. My question is, how different are the articles? (PM me examples would be great) Also, how do you go by promoting your blogs? I understand SEO pretty well, so I am including the tatics in the early articles I have been working on. Just wanting some info on the marketing side of blogging since I know several of you guys are very successful in the market. Look forward to hearing from you.

Luke

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I do little to no promotion. I try to get the repeat customers by having good content. I think it's better to get 1 person to return 10 times, than it is to get 10 unique visitors. I know it's a lot less work.

It's also my opinion that repeat customers are more likely to post links and promote your blog for you. Cheap traffic that's not interested will just pass through. And I don't like working hard for cheap traffic that's not interested.

I spend a lot more time trying to think of something that might interest the customers that do visit, than I do trying to promote the site to get new visitors.

Also, build a brand, not a blog. Everyone and their grandma has a blog. Seperate yourself.

just my .02. I'm no expert though.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I agree. I will try to produce solid information for my visitors to read and take something away from it. More looking to how people promote blogs.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Check out my blog at taxloopholes.com. I'm doing it a little differently - it's a blog format that changes the front page on my website (ala Web 2.0 with fresh content).

I have 67K in my optin database which I got from radio promotion and book registration. It took 6 years to get it - I hope to have it doubled by the end of 2008, because there is momentum rolling now. I do weekly emails with content to my database and encourage them to go to my blog for more information. The articles and online workshops are part of my for fee portion of the website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
DK, your site looks great! I am thinking about starting a opt-in part on my blog as well but that will be down the road. It would be a great way to stay in touch with visitors though!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.