• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

WEB/DIGITAL For the bloggers

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Luke12321, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $914
    So I have recently aquired a blog and have been researching ideas for promoting my blog so I can generate some income. I have read some of you guys talk about how you should be creating 2 versions of the articles, one for the article sites, and one for your own site. My question is, how different are the articles? (PM me examples would be great) Also, how do you go by promoting your blogs? I understand SEO pretty well, so I am including the tatics in the early articles I have been working on. Just wanting some info on the marketing side of blogging since I know several of you guys are very successful in the market. Look forward to hearing from you.

Luke

2. Z5 FILMS

Z5 FILMS Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $236
    I do little to no promotion. I try to get the repeat customers by having good content. I think it's better to get 1 person to return 10 times, than it is to get 10 unique visitors. I know it's a lot less work.

It's also my opinion that repeat customers are more likely to post links and promote your blog for you. Cheap traffic that's not interested will just pass through. And I don't like working hard for cheap traffic that's not interested.

I spend a lot more time trying to think of something that might interest the customers that do visit, than I do trying to promote the site to get new visitors.

Also, build a brand, not a blog. Everyone and their grandma has a blog. Seperate yourself.

just my .02. I'm no expert though.

3. Luke12321

Rep Bank:
    $914
    I agree. I will try to produce solid information for my visitors to read and take something away from it. More looking to how people promote blogs.

4. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $134
    Check out my blog at taxloopholes.com. I'm doing it a little differently - it's a blog format that changes the front page on my website (ala Web 2.0 with fresh content).

I have 67K in my optin database which I got from radio promotion and book registration. It took 6 years to get it - I hope to have it doubled by the end of 2008, because there is momentum rolling now. I do weekly emails with content to my database and encourage them to go to my blog for more information. The articles and online workshops are part of my for fee portion of the website.

5. Luke12321

Rep Bank:
    $914
    DK, your site looks great! I am thinking about starting a opt-in part on my blog as well but that will be down the road. It would be a great way to stay in touch with visitors though!

6. traderjphx

traderjphx New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.