The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Following specific keywords on the Fastlane Forum

Idea threads

richstone.io

API and Automation Engineer Growing SaaS
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 28, 2019
Barcelona
Hey folks,

We are all busy, but we still want to stay up to date with our topics and help folks with their questions efficiently here on the forum. So, I would like to follow specific keywords, like "API", "web API", "automation", "coding", "SaaS", etc., and get notified about them accordingly, like once per day via email.
As far as I can see, natively here on the forum, you can only follow specific authors or threads :eyes:

Some tools do something similar for other content platforms like Reddit, X, HackerNews, etc.
I'm looking right now at setting up KWatch.io or syften.com for setting up a system like that.

I guess how most of those high-quality and quantity posters here stay up to date on the latest topics is to watch the "Latest" Threads feeds regularly.
For me, I don't think this is an option since my main topics (APIs/web APIs) are pretty niche and won't pop up very often, so to help a few people, I'd need to invest too much time watching different platforms. I also know that I will get distracted by other cool topics on the way :happy:

I'm pretty sure that given the scale of this forum, I can run such a tool for free or donation-based to cover the server, setup and maintenance costs.

Would anyone here be interested in using something like that and be open to BETA test it together with me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Typically people who use tools like those want to sling their product/service, and I don't think anyone here wants to see more of that.

Couldn't you just setup a Google alert?

richstone.io

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 28, 2019
Barcelona
Typically people who use tools like those want to sling their product/service, and I don't think anyone here wants to see more of that.

Agree. Still, whether they use the tool or not to solely promote their services, I think the forum will let them know rather quickly to stop doing that.

I like your Alerts idea and I have a few alerts set up, but I don’t think you can set up a Google Alert for a certain domain like thefastlaneforum.com, in which case something like “API” will become too noisy.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 17, 2022
I like the idea and I'm down to beta test.

Haven't kept up with the forum lately coz I've been a bit busy, but I would still like to receive updates on specific topics.

I can see this as some kind of newsletter that sends you posts that you are interested in only. Which is pretty cool, and that's how I keep up with all the tech advancements. They usually have ads in them to cover costs and it's not as invasive, you can just scroll past it.

What did you have in mind Rich?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

richstone.io

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 28, 2019
Barcelona
I like the idea and I'm down to beta test.

Haven't kept up with the forum lately coz I've been a bit busy, but I would still like to receive updates on specific topics.

I can see this as some kind of newsletter that sends you posts that you are interested in only. Which is pretty cool, and that's how I keep up with all the tech advancements. They usually have ads in them to cover costs and it's not as invasive, you can just scroll past it.

What did you have in mind Rich?

Thanks for your input!

I feel like I need 3 more interested people to start building it soon :happy:
But I might also just do it for fun someday on a weekend.

One concern would be that usually these social places and forums are built in a pull-not-push information way for a reason, so that folks come in, scroll, etc. So, I would only do it if there’s no veto from @MJ DeMarco.

It would be a separate simple web app that would check the latest posts for any of the fastlaner-configured keywords.

richstone.io

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 28, 2019
Barcelona

I was also thinking more about the Google Alerts idea. If anything will pop up there at all, I think the alert would only trigger if your keyword is in the title or at the beginning of your post. So no alerts if following posts in the thread mention your keyword. Also, not sure how timely Google Alerts trigger. I get daily alerts and I think most articles are from the day before latest.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.