The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Focus fully on making app or learning sales too?

ethan34

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2022
I wanted to make a conferencing app, and was making a very simple version with some key features using a no code app (bubble) to test the idea. Which course of action would you say is a better idea?

1- Continue making the no code version of the app while also learning copy and sales. Make money off paid social media advertising and copywriting, and use it to fund hiring a team with actual coding experience to make a complete app.

2- Focus solely on learning code and build the app.

I’m worried that in option 1, while I may develop sales skills which could help me in the future, the no code version of the app may not do well because it definitely doesn’t solve the need as well as the actual end goal.

But in option 2, even if I somehow get the money to build the full app, I’m worried I may not have the skills to market and sell it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
In general I would say try to sell before you build anything. Either pre-release sign-ups, deposits, etc.

Or 'talk to people' to actually confirm a market need for this (unless you have already done this). Who is your customer? Have they said that they need this and would be willing to pay for a solution?

See if you can find people and help them solve a problem related to this, after solving problems for people you can then turn these solutions into something scalable that can be sold.

And work on 'the offer'. How does your offer compare to what is already out there?

ethan34

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2022
In general I would say try to sell before you build anything. Either pre-release sign-ups, deposits, etc.

Or 'talk to people' to actually confirm a market need for this (unless you have already done this). Who is your customer? Have they said that they need this and would be willing to pay for a solution?

See if you can find people and help them solve a problem related to this, after solving problems for people you can then turn these solutions into something scalable that can be sold.

And work on 'the offer'. How does your offer compare to what is already out there?
I've talked to a few people about it, but definitely not enough to confirm a market need and if they would actually pay. Surprisingly, there's pretty much nothing out there like I'm envisioning as the complete product. I guess when I make a pre-release page and talk to people I'll see if that's because no one would want it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.