The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Flying Private: Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ThomasTLM

Ora et labora. ☩
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2024
Indiana, USA
For the past few weeks I have been in contact with a friend of mine who has been developing a solution to a problem in the private jet industry. He has been an entrepreneur for a while, and I wanted to get some advice from him. Yesterday I met with him over google meet to talk entrepreneur stuff.

I told him how I've been getting into web development and how I already have a few leads.

Not only did he give me advice...but he wants my help with his business. And, from what I can tell, it fulfills the CENTS Commandments.

So, here it goes:
People who fly private highly value their time (as we all should of course, but that's besides the point for right now).
According to my friend, the average person who flies private is making $5M/year, and the amount they make per hour justifies flying private over commercial.
On top of that, scheduling a private jet can take some time as it isn't as straightforward compared to flying commercial. AND even when it IS straightforward, there is still another problem: you have to communicate with a middle man in order to get to a jet operator.
By "straightforward" I mean that all you have to input to find a flight is what airport you are leaving, what airport you are going to, when, and how many people. When flying private you have to input more information.
The idea here is to streamline the process: you input the minimum information and that info gets sent DIRECTLY to the operator. No f*cking around with some middleman who thinks he can turn a profit by "helping" you find a jet.
However, in reality he isn't helping (even if he thinks he is) because there is a lot of back and forth that needs to happen before actually finding the proper jet.

My friend has confirmed that, not only does this actually work, but other companies that schedule jets for people aren't doing this yet.
Why?
They're afraid to.

If you can simply put a person scheduling a jet directly in contact with the operator and take yourself out of the equation, it seems like you won't turn a profit. These companies want their money, and they believe that implementing this would put them out of business. They don't realize (or they do and are just selfish) that doing this provides a fast and easy (therefore valuable) way to schedule private. It's as easy, if not easier, than scheduling commercial.

No waiting around. No hassle. No depending on a middle man.

Now, there are a few businesses doing this, but the market is so unsaturated that it's easy to get going. Additionally, there is a barrier: actually getting operators to join our business. It's easier said than done, but I've seen some of what my friend has worked on. It's impressive. But he also said he needs my help because his background is marketing and the web development/actually getting the thing to work isn't his forte.

I'll post more on this later, but that is the gist of it for right now.

Godspeed,
Thomas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bounce Back

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
I like the connections you are making and actively looking for something.

With that said I googled: "charter jet crm software" and a lot of these popped up so I wouldn't go at it thinking it is novel (but you really don't want to do something unproven anways).

"Pioneers get slaughtered. Settlers prosper." - Daymond John

ThomasTLM

Ora et labora. ☩
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2024
Indiana, USA
(but you really don't want to do something unproven anways).
Yes, some people are doing it.
But I think we can do it better, and we will.
We will build a brand, not a business.

Queen me. (TMF Chpt 43)

Last edited:

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.