The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Flippa - Trustworthy?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
Does anyone have any experience of buying sites through Flippa in the last year?

How do you conduct due diligence and validate the numbers?

There are a couple of businesses that really interest me, but how do you trust that the business hasn't inflated numbers for a period of time to increase the valuation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Like anything, there are bad apples out there.

For verification, request bank statements, PayPal statements, or tax returns. Very few businesses are cash based, so all of this stuff should be traceable.

G

Guest1413tpa

For verification, request bank statements, PayPal statements, or tax returns. Very few businesses are cash based, so all of this stuff should be traceable.
Always do your own Due Diligence, never trust others. 100% agree with what you are saying here though.

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London

Thanks MJ!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Would you consider buying a site on Flippa to ever be a good option, or is it almost always going to be better to start something yourself?
This may be a stupid question, but I ask because I know for many entrepreneurs, this is where they make their exit. The sales price is intentionally as high as possible, like a listing on LoopNet would be (low cap rate).

LHXS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 31, 2020
United Kingdom
I've bough a few sites over the years from there (two in the last 6 months). Happy to take a look for you and give you a 2nd opinions on your DD process. Perhaps help you ask the right questions.

Flippa gives you every opportunity to find the good apples from the rotton ones - but there are a few signs to look for. Welcome to PM me exact details, but I'd like to share my steps in the open forum so others can benefit.

Fersko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 3, 2018
Anyone had experience selling domain names on there? Is it worth the money?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.