The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
D

Deleted68316

Are two days in a row that I go running for about one hour, up and down on the hills, and I don't feel fatigued.

I could run forever it seems.

If you have read Rich Roll's book, he says something similar.

Considering that I workout every morning and as a job, I do cleanings and sell solar panels door to door.

it's been about a week since I started following the eating guidelines specified in Fit For Life, by Harvey Diamond.

The levels of energy the simple guidelines from the book bring you are incredible.

Never had this much energy.

If anyone of you tried everything or simply thinks that you don't have the levels of energy you deserve to have, please read through.

Eating in this way, I just feel that I have the maximum levels of energy my body is capable of.

Below the main, simple guidelines from the book:

1- From the morning until noon, eat only fruit. Any kind of fruit. Any quantity.
Probably most of you know this concept already. Fruit is digested in the intestine. It goes through the stomach and directly to the intestine.
When we wake up, our body is totally restored. If we eat anything but fruit, we put it straight back to its most demanding job: digestion.
Fruit is digested in the intestines and takes between 30 and 45 minutes to be digested.
If possible, no coffee nor vitamins before noon. Only fruit.

2- Eat carbohydrates and proteins separately
Carbohydrates require an alkaline digestive juice to be broken down. While proteins, an acid one.
When acid and alkaline come into contact, they neutralize each other.
This means that your body takes much longer to digest those foods when eaten together:
- Time to digest proteins: ~4 hours
- Time to digest carbohydrates: ~3 hours
- Time to digest proteins+carbohydrates: ~8 hours

3- Timing
After fruit, 30/45 before eating anything else.
After any meal different from fruit, wait 3/4 hours before eating fruit.
After a carbs+protein meal, wait ~8 hours before eating fruit.
This because you want your stomach to be empty before eating any fruit.
This because fruit is digested in the intestines. And if you eat it while still digesting carbs or proteins in the stomach, the fruit will get stuck there (hence the known problems of when we eat fruit at full stomach).

4- 70% of any meal should be raw vegetables
Besides fruit, anything else you eat, couple it with a big salad.
Ideally, the salad should make up 70% of your total meal.

It's only a week, but I never felt like this before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Are two days in a row that I go running for about one hour, up and down on the hills, and I don't feel fatigued.

Considering that I workout every morning and as a job, I do cleanings and sell solar panels door to door.

it's been about a week since I started following the eating guidelines specified in Fit For Life, by Harvey Diamond.

The levels of energy the simple guidelines from the book bring you are incredible.

If anyone of you tried everything or simply thinks that you don't have the levels of energy you deserve to have, please read through.

Eating in this way, I just feel that I have the maximum levels of energy my body is capable of.

1- From the morning until noon, eat only fruit. Any kind of fruit. Any quantity.
Probably most of you know this concept already. Fruit is digested in the intestine. It goes through the stomach and directly to the intestine.
When we wake up, our body is totally restored. If we eat anything but fruit, we put it straight back to its most demanding job: digestion.
Fruit is digested in the intestines and takes between 30 and 45 minutes to be digested.

Carbohydrates require an alkaline digestive juice to be broken down. While proteins, an acid one.
This means that your body takes much longer to digest those foods when eaten together:

3- Timing
This because fruit is digested in the intestines. And if you eat it while still digesting carbs or proteins in the stomach, the fruit will get stuck there (hence the known problems of when we eat fruit at full stomach).

Ah man...
You've fallen into the vegan BS trap...
What you are doing to your body is wrong on so many levels. Especially the vegetables part.
When it comes to diet though, people tend to be very stubborn in their convictions.
So keep doing what you are doing and you body will expose how wrong you are.
How long that will take depends on every person.
From 6 months to about 2-3 years.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Ah man...
What you are doing to your body is wrong on so many levels. Especially the vegetables part.
When it comes to diet though, people tend to be very stubborn in their convictions.

Being a vegan is alright (3 year-ish in), but I agree that living on almost on vegetables and fruits will have negative long-term consequences.

First thing I would look at is caloric intake. I made this mistake and lost a lot of weight and all my energy in the first few months. Eating 70% vegetables will amount to a low caloric intake, make sure you eat enough (carbs, fats, and proteins).

Know where to get your micronutrients. Read which ones vegan commonly lack and find which foods have them. It really sucks to start doing this when you're already feeling the symptoms of deficiencies.

The timing stuff is probably accurate, but I wouldn't get that deep into it. Plant-based foods are already well digestable, so I wouldn't worry about it.

D

Deleted68316

Ah man...
Hey man,

I am eating meat every day.

The only extra thing in this way of eating is to eat only fruit in the morning.

Then, having a salad at every meal, is common sense.

Probably I didn’t explain well the topic.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Been vegan for 4 years, never been healthier or felt better. But I guess my body, my blood work and everything is wrong because you say so. Got it. Sounds like I'm not the one falling for Scripted propaganda...

Fit For Life, by Harvey Diamond.

This book is ancient, has it been updated? Has it aged well?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Been vegan for 4 years, never been healthier or felt better. But I guess my body, my blood work and everything is wrong because you say so. Got it. Sounds like I'm not the one falling for Scripted propaganda...
What has your experience been so far?

For example:
What supliments/vitamins do you take?
How much fake meat do you eat?
Any gut issues?
etc.

Salama2017

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 12, 2017
California

3- Timing

Wait, no coffee or tea in the morning... -just fruits? I've been eating wrong for the last 30+ years?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What has your experience been so far?

Spectacular. Acid reflux, gone. High cholesterol, gone. Massive bloat, gone. Falling asleep by 4pm, gone.

For ten years my doctor has tried to get me on cholesterol pills because it was always running way too high. The bad lipid panel disappeared and is the best I've had in twenty years. And no, my B12 levels are just fine, if anything, perhaps a bit too high. And yes, I get enough protein, but thanks for thinking about asking.

What supliments/vitamins do you take?

I take supplements not because of being vegan, but because I go to the gym 4X a week. Those are a simple BCAA and a pre-workout.

How much fake meat do you eat?

Not much, maybe once a week, and if do I have it, it is a very small portion, Fake meats are highly processed and not a very healthy alternative.

Any gut issues?

No, only when I have way too much fiber which results in gas.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Spectacular. Acid reflux, gone. High cholesterol, gone. Massive bloat, gone. Falling asleep by 4pm, gone.

For ten years my doctor has tried to get me on cholesterol pills because it was always running way too high. The bad lipid panel disappeared and is the best I've had in twenty years. And no, my B12 levels are just fine, if anything, perhaps a bit too high. And yes, I get enough protein, but thanks for thinking about asking.

I take supplements not because of being vegan, but because I go to the gym 4X a week. Those are a simple BCAA and a pre-workout.

Not much, maybe once a week, and if do I have it, it is a very small portion, Fake meats are highly processed and not a very healthy alternative.

No, only when I have way too much fiber which results in gas.

My experience has been more or less the same, although I'm a bit younger than MJ.

I must warn people not to build strong opinions on something before they know the facts. People don't like vegans and veganism for lots of reasons, all are totally understandable. But I urge people to try it for eight weeks: whole food plant based. Keep meat substitutes out and don't cook with too much oil.

Maybe some bodies do better on meat and dairy. I know mine doesn't. I didn't switch for ideological reasons, either: I've tried all measure of different diets and whole food plant based just seems to work. It's simple, it's easy to stick to (14 months in already) and it melts away unnecessary body fat.

Usually the people I see who are against it are either (1) omnivores who want to defend their mindless eating and are annoyed by vegans who keep bringing up factory farms and heart disease, (2) people who only care about building muscle and equate muscle mass to health (yes I'm aware muscle mass is important, but it's not the end all be all of health), and (3) people with an interest (financial, ideological, or otherwise) in promoting diets that feature meat and/or dairy products.

D

Deleted68316

This book is ancient, has it been updated? Has it aged well?

The guy wrote the first book in the 1980s and then published a whole series of Fit For Life & Something in the subsequent years.

The main principle is to eat only fruit until noon.

D

Deleted68316

Wait, no coffee or tea in the morning... -just fruits? I've been eating wrong for the last 30+ years?
If you have constant and stable energy every day probably you are eating well.

I used to follow too much what people write in books when the best way to define if we are eating in the best way is just to monitor our levels of energy.

D

Deleted68316

For ten years my doctor has tried to get me on cholesterol pills because it was always running way too high. The bad lipid panel disappeared and is the best I've had in twenty years.
What do you think made the biggest difference? The fact that you removed animal fat?

I ask specifically about fat because I am reading a book called "cleanse to heal" that talks about animal fats as a source of problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What do you think made the biggest difference? The fact that you removed animal fat?

Can't say for sure as I'm don't claim health expertise, but a big increase in fiber occured and yes, no more animal fat or red meat. When I was big into Paleo, my diet was mostly meat -- and lets just say, that didn't work out well for me as I was at the doctor every quarter for some ailment, or some outlier marker on my lipid panel. At some point was even diagnosed with gout, lol. Boy, those were the days.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Tried the whole "nothing but fruit until midday" thing when I was in my very early twenties, the mental clarity and energy I had was insanely good but I was also working a fairly physical job at the time and it proved unsustainable for me and my body - started losing weight (I was already thin!) and having stomach cramps from what I presume my body perceived as a lack of food more substantial than just fruit!

Tried veganism too albeit for just a "trial" month, and it wasn't quite for me. That said, there's no doubting the incredible health benefits to some people of a vegan diet, and high fibre is incredibly good for you no matter what your diet. A plant based (but not plant exclusive) diet is what works for me. I eat a lot of fruit and especially veg, and some (but not much) meat and fish. Eggs are the one non-vegan thing I love and eat daily but I don't find them a problem - energy levels are good and blood pressure and cholesterol when last checked a few months ago were also fine and if anything on the lower side of normal, but then I do lead a very active lifestyle which probably helps with these things too, and I have one of those annoying (to some people) fat burning metabolisms!

D

Deleted68316

Tried the whole "nothing but fruit until midday" thing when I was in my very early twenties, the mental clarity and energy I had was insanely good but I was also working a fairly physical job at the time and it proved unsustainable for me and my body - started losing weight (I was already thin!) and having stomach cramps from what I presume my body perceived as a lack of food more substantial than just fruit!

Tried veganism too albeit for just a "trial" month, and it wasn't quite for me. That said, there's no doubting the incredible health benefits to some people of a vegan diet, and high fibre is incredibly good for you no matter what your diet. A plant based (but not plant exclusive) diet is what works for me. I eat a lot of fruit and especially veg, and some (but not much) meat and fish. Eggs are the one non-vegan thing I love and eat daily but I don't find them a problem - energy levels are good and blood pressure and cholesterol when last checked a few months ago were also fine and if anything on the lower side of normal, but then I do lead a very active lifestyle which probably helps with these things too, and I have one of those annoying (to some people) fat burning metabolisms!
I am skinny as well and I am gaining weight it seems. Will get back in a few months.

The only “downside” is that when I workout in the morning I eat 6 even 8 bananas plus orange and apple spreaded until noon.

NanaPeg1959!

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 14, 2021
Ah man...
I’ve been doing this for 40 yrs. NEVER been sick and still feel like I’m in my 20’s. Guess I’m still waiting for my body to expose how wrong I am! But reality says “proof is in my success!!!”

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas
Count me as another 100% vegan. I follow a nutritarian style diet promoted by Joel Fuhrman and get plenty of fiber, protein and micro nutrients.

Also only organic and fresh if possible.

Only pure spring water and absolutely NEVER anything from the tap.

Never any soda or alcohol only spring water, some coffee and organic tea I make with spring water.

I corrected some very serious health issues with this diet without the need for any doctors, drugs or surgery and I NEVER take any prescription drugs or even over the counter stuff.

Bottom line is your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself but has to have the proper nutrition and that is not going to come from any processed food or the standard american diet.

I am 56 and feel better than I did at 40 so yes, this vegan diet works great for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.