The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

C.Craigie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 25, 2024
Hi all, my first post on the forum but I'm eagerly excited to see what likeminded Fastlaners (of course I have to earn the right to be called a Fastlaner)have to say and maybe get some good interactions on my future posts.

First of all thank you MJ for creating an absolute gold mine in terms of entrepreneurial knowledge and experiences within the "Millionaire's Fastlane" the best read I have had this year by far! I'm currently reading part five of "SCRIPTED" and again its a fantastic no bullshit resource for entrepreneurs. It's nice to know that I wasn't wrong in thinking that there was a way to crack the code to wealth, and that it isn't rocket science, we just need to listen to the correct voice and take the big scary leap into the unknown of entrepreneurialism. Thanks again MJ the books really helped me to realise I can do this, if I give my all!

Bit of a background on me, I've been a personal trainer for ten years, studied sports science at university and also physiology at Masters level, so sadly much like many of us I was sold the dream on degrees make you rich or at least facilitate the means to becoming rich/living comfortably.

It's fair to say that after reading the Millionaires Fastlane I found myself suddenly realising that I had a lot more to give in regards to value to the world. I'd realised that the dream we are sold is to conform within society and tick the boxes of the Slowlane or Sidewalk lifestyle, and to be honest I really hated the idea. I've always wanted to impact the world with what I do and currently find myself living in Japan, as an English teacher (I know crazy career change) and trust me while incredibly rewarding its not a great way to make a living, yet it adds value to the kids who are getting to learn a new language and culture (UK). Now as crazy as this is of a career change I realised after reading SCRIPTED this was due to a F*ck you event, where I was tired of the company I worked for in fitness taking around 65-70% of my client fees and pretending the raises and promotions, with slick titles (Master Personal Trainer, sounds good ayy, well they didn't improve the percentages) would smooth over the cracks. This was also met with a pay rise but also an opportunity of client drop off due to PT rates being increased per promotion, my sessions going up in price to accommodate my raise but not impact the company's earnings (genius business plan), however it severely impacted the VALUE to the customer who was not only paying membership fees but also PT fees at an extra package rate! That was my call to leave and do something that would force me to grow again, however I have unfinished business with fitness. My second F*ck you event only coming this week where I realised I wasn't valued by my employer and also that even with hard work I'm still living pay check to pay check and for the weekend, its just not for me....

Now I never stopped being a PT when leaving for Japan and still have active clients on a freelance basis, but I feel like there is so much more to give back to the people who trust me with their goals and health. I fully believe this can be done online and cost effective, it's a gap that's never been fully filled by PT's also as face to face business is the forefront and nuts and bolts to any trainer, yet there is only twenty four hours in a day and your work twelve maximum if you want any consistency and value in your training.

My aim is to bring value to my future customers and create a community within fitness focusing on training, mental health/wellbeing, goal setting, Nutrition and progression coaching. This is all while being in accordance with the five commandments (CENTS). I plan on creating an app for this which isn't utter bullshit out of date science based training plans and bro coaching jargon. Real science based information and training plans to help people world wide find their better selves or as the company will state becoming ELITE. The industry is filled with infulencers who think after one year they are all of a sudden an expert, trainers rusged through twelve week courses and in all kindness are clueless (I'm not bashing them), and heavily overqaulified grads that are unmotivated due to being paid minimum wage. Therefore the need for a science based and accessible app for all is needed, not only for the public but also fellow trainers who need a platform to present their own ideas to clients.

I'm currently researching what is missing and what people are complaining about within this field, as well as combining my own wants and frustrations with the current applications available (like how do I know this information is correct, or why are they telling me I need to take a body type quiz when Somotypes are incredibly inaccurate and ambiguous traits to work with in fitness), to point out a few.

I realise the two main app stores are cluttered with AI training apps and other fitness based apps but in all honesty no ones really nailed this yet, so here's to finding the niche in the marketplace and making fitness not just affordable but available to all.

I may not be new to the field of fitness, sales and the grind that be working endless hours when you first start a business, but I am very new to being an entrepreneur (going it alone), working with technology like app building and mainly working with the finance side of things. I have a keen interest in learning so I'm confident that I can knuckle down and study what I need, but does anyone have any good suggestions for courses or learning recourses in finance and business running ? There's so many so called Gurus out there that I'm really trying to find the none bullshit resources LOL.

The challenge is big but so are the potential rewards! I'm excited to start on this journey!

Thank you Fastlaners and MJ for creating this community

Best

Cal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...