Let's talk about "luck". Yeah, that one that some would say is "the reason" to one's success, and others would disregard as of trivial and not really important (what matters is "hard work"! kind of people). Which group are you?
I dislike these losers who keep saying that success only comes to those lucky ones. These lazy ones won't do s*** and just complain. Out of their mentality and our present entrepreneurial fever/era and the Internet, we've seen a revolution against luck and chance. This is the second group... the "I can be Elon Musk, Bill Gate, or Warren Buffet" group.
If you follow the entrepreneurship media, you'll see how the majority of success stories that get publicity mostly praise the hard-working entrepreneur who founded this startup, who had this amazing idea, who raised millions of dollars... I see his/her picture and I'm like... what am I doing wrong? You never read about being in the right city, or the right moment in history/industry, the right age, right university... you name it.
My point with this post is that we need to stop wishing the "same" kind of success we read everywhere. Our story, our success (or fail) story, will come out of our hard work, yes, but also out of our own circumstances, and yes, chance and luck. Let's give credit where it is due and let's keep working hard but knowing from the beginning that f***, it may just not work. Period.
I dislike these losers who keep saying that success only comes to those lucky ones. These lazy ones won't do s*** and just complain. Out of their mentality and our present entrepreneurial fever/era and the Internet, we've seen a revolution against luck and chance. This is the second group... the "I can be Elon Musk, Bill Gate, or Warren Buffet" group.
If you follow the entrepreneurship media, you'll see how the majority of success stories that get publicity mostly praise the hard-working entrepreneur who founded this startup, who had this amazing idea, who raised millions of dollars... I see his/her picture and I'm like... what am I doing wrong? You never read about being in the right city, or the right moment in history/industry, the right age, right university... you name it.
My point with this post is that we need to stop wishing the "same" kind of success we read everywhere. Our story, our success (or fail) story, will come out of our hard work, yes, but also out of our own circumstances, and yes, chance and luck. Let's give credit where it is due and let's keep working hard but knowing from the beginning that f***, it may just not work. Period.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
