- Joined
- Aug 25, 2014
- Messages
- 452
Rep Bank
$1,655
$1,655
User Power: 352%
Let me start off by saying I was a long time lurker on this forum and have always known I will have my own business someday. I also knew that I would make my way to actually becoming part of the community at some point. It wasn't until recently that I really found my reason to get my a$$ into gear.
Let me start off with a little background about myself. I am a winner, I like to win, where losing is not an option (it is an opportunity when and if it occurs). I have a background in competitive Tae Kwon Do, where I have been national champion, USA National team member, and represented the US in various tournaments throughout the world. I state this because I relate sports psychology closely to business psychology, as it takes similar mindsets to be the best in your given field. The point being, I have always believed that a person needs to have a greater reason to win/be successful than simply the end goal/result. The title (or money in the case of this forum) may be what gets you to begin your journey, but what is going to drive you to stick with it and push past your own limits? There has to be something else. And I have finally found that.
My grandfather passed away last Friday and had his service today. I realized my motivation as my dad spoke his last thoughts about his father. He spoke of his work ethic, but more importantly, the kind of man his father was and the things he did with him. It hit me as I have always been able to visit him on trips, but I never got to know him as a person. I want more for my children. I want them to be able to spend time with their grandparents and know them better than I knew mine. The problem? The bay area may be a great place to live, but my parents would never be able to afford half of a homeless man's cardboard space in this housing market.
Thus I have found my motivation. Financial freedom is nice and all. But I will be successful because I want my parents to be able to live comfortably close to both me and my brother in the bay area, so that my children and my brother's children can know my parents like I know them.
With that said, what was the moment you found your motivation beyond just the money and what is it that drives you to become successful through all of ?
P.S. If this belongs in a different section, my fault. I'm a Forum Newbie 😀
Let me start off with a little background about myself. I am a winner, I like to win, where losing is not an option (it is an opportunity when and if it occurs). I have a background in competitive Tae Kwon Do, where I have been national champion, USA National team member, and represented the US in various tournaments throughout the world. I state this because I relate sports psychology closely to business psychology, as it takes similar mindsets to be the best in your given field. The point being, I have always believed that a person needs to have a greater reason to win/be successful than simply the end goal/result. The title (or money in the case of this forum) may be what gets you to begin your journey, but what is going to drive you to stick with it and push past your own limits? There has to be something else. And I have finally found that.
My grandfather passed away last Friday and had his service today. I realized my motivation as my dad spoke his last thoughts about his father. He spoke of his work ethic, but more importantly, the kind of man his father was and the things he did with him. It hit me as I have always been able to visit him on trips, but I never got to know him as a person. I want more for my children. I want them to be able to spend time with their grandparents and know them better than I knew mine. The problem? The bay area may be a great place to live, but my parents would never be able to afford half of a homeless man's cardboard space in this housing market.
Thus I have found my motivation. Financial freedom is nice and all. But I will be successful because I want my parents to be able to live comfortably close to both me and my brother in the bay area, so that my children and my brother's children can know my parents like I know them.
With that said, what was the moment you found your motivation beyond just the money and what is it that drives you to become successful through all of ?
P.S. If this belongs in a different section, my fault. I'm a Forum Newbie 😀
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
