In the past couple of weeks I was very motivated to learn coding and to build my website (Progress Thread below). I was driven by @MJ DeMarco idea from Unscripted that you have to live temporarily unbalanced (work, work, work) to live in the long-term a balanced life (work whenever you want).
Through this mindset I worked more. Also almost all the time I thought about my idea, to-dos and the progress. After some weeks I have recognized that I wasn't anymore that productive. I couldn't concentrate for too long and generally my work output got lower and lower. Then I thought about my situation and figured I should take some time off to relax. Now I feel more balanced and able to create great things.
I searched the forum for this topic and stumbled over the idea that you should enjoy every day.
How can I connect this with the hard working attitude which throws life out of balance ? Do I miss something?
Is it about finding little pleasures also in the days you work as hell or finding more enjoyment in the work you do?
I highly recommend to read this thread about a similar topic:
Best use of your time vs. enjoyment of your time
My progress thread:
INTRO - Recommendations and a Fastlane Newbie creates a business
Through this mindset I worked more. Also almost all the time I thought about my idea, to-dos and the progress. After some weeks I have recognized that I wasn't anymore that productive. I couldn't concentrate for too long and generally my work output got lower and lower. Then I thought about my situation and figured I should take some time off to relax. Now I feel more balanced and able to create great things.
I searched the forum for this topic and stumbled over the idea that you should enjoy every day.
How can I connect this with the hard working attitude which throws life out of balance ? Do I miss something?
Is it about finding little pleasures also in the days you work as hell or finding more enjoyment in the work you do?
I highly recommend to read this thread about a similar topic:
Best use of your time vs. enjoyment of your time
My progress thread:
INTRO - Recommendations and a Fastlane Newbie creates a business
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
