The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding balance in an unbalanced life

Anything related to matters of the mind

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
In the past couple of weeks I was very motivated to learn coding and to build my website (Progress Thread below). I was driven by @MJ DeMarco idea from Unscripted that you have to live temporarily unbalanced (work, work, work) to live in the long-term a balanced life (work whenever you want).

Through this mindset I worked more. Also almost all the time I thought about my idea, to-dos and the progress. After some weeks I have recognized that I wasn't anymore that productive. I couldn't concentrate for too long and generally my work output got lower and lower. Then I thought about my situation and figured I should take some time off to relax. Now I feel more balanced and able to create great things.

I searched the forum for this topic and stumbled over the idea that you should enjoy every day.

How can I connect this with the hard working attitude which throws life out of balance ? Do I miss something?

Is it about finding little pleasures also in the days you work as hell or finding more enjoyment in the work you do?

I highly recommend to read this thread about a similar topic:
Best use of your time vs. enjoyment of your time

My progress thread:
INTRO - Recommendations and a Fastlane Newbie creates a business

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
No friend, you've not missed anything. That's how this Entrepreneur game is. You just have to grind in hard and smart. Get into a feedback loop. Do things with a proper plan. That's how you make it a journey of worthwhile ride.

If you know you are on the right path, just press it on man.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Do you have an end product in mind before learning how to code?

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Do you have an end product in mind before learning how to code?

Yes I do. Maybe I should focus more on the final product and what value I will be able to provide through my service than the to dos I have ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.