The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommendations and a Fastlane Newbie creates a business

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Hey everyone,

one of MJs Posts inspired me to share something about me rather than only consuming the awesome content here. He reminded me that the forum only lives when we are contributing. I'm glad to found this forum through TMF .
In the next phrases I will share some articles and learnings.

@Andy Black and several others inspired me very much to fokus more on others
I can highly recommend this post on this matter.:

Learnings from 700+ PMs with fellow forum members

Another Post which deals with the ability to learn independently is also a must read:

GOLD! - A physicist's guide to learning hard things

Eventuelly I'm gonna share some book recommendations with you - maybe some will help you.

• Chris Anderson - The Long Tail

Speaks about a highly underrated income source for business and differs your view how to use the internet.

Steven R. Covey - 7 habits of highly effective people

This book is a masterpiece about self development and a book you should read several times. Also it has exercises in it which is great to really internalize the content.

Of course all of you should read MJs books but also try to really work through the Process Principles part in unscripted - this worked wonders for me! I'm still very event oriented but with this concept I'm working on it.

Now something about me. I am young 21 years old and have high ambitiouns. I am from Dresden, Germany. Since five years I dreamed to be an entrepreneur and to reach financial freedom with it and now I'm taking my first steps. Right now I'm learning to code to build a website which transfers a well known service on a website and adds some simple features which are increasing the value of the service. I am gonna update this thread when there are some bigger things happen. Right now it's just coding coding coding.

Have a great day and you will read from me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Hey everyone,

@Xeon progress thread motivated me to update my thread I can recommend this thread :

[Progress] The Road to a wholesome Unscripted Life

The foundation of my website is almost done. Right now I just have to finish two last real coding parts:
x Voice over Ip - give the users the possibility to speak over the website
x paying - it should be possible to transfer easily money to the website

I'm pretty sure that the second part is easily done. I plan to implement a PayPal service or something similar. The Voice over Ip part is a bit trickier. Either I will use some coding scripts or just gonna use an external service. Anyway both seem quite doable. I will finish these parts until April.

Furthermore I still have to really work out the concept of the website and adapt my website afterwards and I have around 25 little improvements which I still have to add. I plan to finish these parts until mid of April. The last part before the publication is planing and styling each website. I'm not that into styling but I hope I'll finish this part until the end of May.

The final step will be the usability for mobile devices. This step is really important and I think half a month is enough to implement it. Finally I will be able to find a host, upload and test everything. This will probably take another half a month. When I add unforeseeable mistakes and general delays I can confidently plan the mid July as my publication date for my website.

Right now I am concentrating on the process principle, implementing it and constantly improving my work ethic. This will probably speed up the process around a month.

Therefore my final goal for publishing is mid of june.

Now let's get to work!

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Hey Guys,

I am pretty depressed right now... I did a stupid beginners mistake... . I kind of thought about the concept of my idea but it was never fully devoloped. Therefore I never orientated on a problem I could solve but just on the "solution"/idea I had in mind. After every conservation I had about my idea it developed and changed because I recognized more and more that I didn't solve anything ... I rushed directly into the process because I neglected it for so long thus I went into the other extrem and started without thinking it through.

Some weeks ago I thought that I had it. My idea changed into a good solution with concrete problems to solve but a thought was gnawing me -"Does this already exist?". The background check I did before didn't match the idea I was pursuing now therefore the past background check wasn't valuable anymore...

Today I almost finished my Voice chat part for my website and did some new research for potential competition. I found an exact match for my idea and by viewing the competition I don't think that I can offer a better service. - Therefore my idea is worth of shit and pursuing it isn't worth my time... The competition is strong and looks without big flaws at first glance.

I can highly recommend you to work out your concepte BEFORE your dive into your venture. Don't think as me that it will evolve during the process. The fundament has to be clear and stable. But also never overthink everything.

I personally don't regret anything. I learned a lot and almost created my first product. Also I already have a new and way better idea and with a more solid fundament and my thrive it will definitly take off!

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Some weeks ago I thought that I had it. My idea changed into a good solution with concrete problems to solve but a thought was gnawing me -"Does this already exist?". The background check I did before didn't match the idea I was pursuing now therefore the past background check wasn't valuable anymore...
I hope this is not 'the grass is greener syndrome'. And if you plan to read Unscripted . You should check Commandment of Needs chapters.

The highlight should be:

- Being the first doesn't guarantee you'll be one of the next Apple or Google. (e.g MySpace came first before Facebook).
- Check the 6 Misappropriations Myths

Today I almost finished my Voice chat part for my website and did some new research for potential competition. I found an exact match for my idea and by viewing the competition I don't think that I can offer a better service. - Therefore my idea is worth of shit and pursuing it isn't worth my time... The competition is strong and looks without big flaws at first glance.
Can you exploit the weaknesses your competitors possessed? Maybe that's the goldmine.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
I hope this is not 'the grass is greener syndrome'. And if you plan to read Unscripted . You should check Commandment of Needs chapters.

The highlight should be:

- Being the first doesn't guarantee you'll be one of the next Apple or Google. (e.g MySpace came first before Facebook).
- Check the 6 Misappropriations Myths

Can you exploit the weaknesses your competitors possessed? Maybe that's the goldmine.

Hey @ClaverCasley

thanks for your message message. I already read TMF and Unscripted but I still have to make a post in thee forum. I will definitely definitely re-read the chapter you mentioned. Especially I should rethink again the need part.

At first I tried to find some weaknesses they are doing but I couldn't really find something big. The improvement I have to offer has to have some qualities which can convince a customer and I couldn't find anything big.

I thought about the grass is greener syndrome and I'm sure that it isn't the case here. It was just a fundament out of sand and that was the problem

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I found an exact match for my idea and by viewing the competition I don't think that I can offer a better service.

Yeah not with that mindset, you definitely won't get anywhere.

It's a common beginner's mistake to have an idea, see the competition and immediately give it up because it already exists. But you're looking at it the wrong way...

Other people doing it = there's a market for it!

You just need to answer the question: How can I do that BETTER?

95% of successful businesses out there are simply doing something better than the last person, they aren't re-inventing the wheel in any way, simply greasing the hinges of the wheel, or putting a car on top of that wheel.

Hope that makes sense. Never stop learning!

-Andy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Yeah not with that mindset, you definitely won't get anywhere.

It's a common beginner's mistake to have an idea, see the competition and immediately give it up because it already exists. But you're looking at it the wrong way...

Other people doing it = there's a market for it!

You just need to answer the question: How can I do that BETTER?

95% of successful businesses out there are simply doing something better than the last person, they aren't re-inventing the wheel in any way, simply greasing the hinges of the wheel, or putting a car on top of that wheel.

Hope that makes sense. Never stop learning!

-Andy

Hey Andy,

thanks for your message and I totally understand your approach. - at first I wrote a reply which argued against your message and I wanted to tell you that I am completely aware about your way off thinking and that I already did that...

But luckly I recognized that you hit a pain point and I have to look again over it. It is way easier to think that you should start off again than relentlessly pursuing something!

Thanks a lot and I keep you up to date

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...