The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Find a new job or start business

Should I Find a New Job or start my business

• Find a new job

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Work on business

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Haha thanks man.
No problem

Pro Tip 2: If you need other people to make your decisions for you, it's another sign you're not ready. As a business owner/CEO/president you will have to make decisions for OTHER PEOPLE. Which means you should have a pretty good understanding on how to make your own decisions. If you have to ask a bunch of complete strangers what the best course of action is for you, it's a sign that you're not ready.

The purpose of consulting with other people is to get facts, knowledge and seek council so you can make your own decision.

You didn't ask for facts. You didn't ask if you were missing something. You asked what you should do. Once you get past asking other people what to do, you will be in a better position to do your own thing.

My 2¢.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you find the commentary in this thread tough to accept, you won't find owning a business any more forgiving. And yes, this is not Reddit. If your business is self-supporting and follows most of the commandments, I'd go for it. But then again, I'm not you -- I don't know your strengths, weaknesses, passions, hates, personality, whys, motives, bank balance, discipline, education, peers -- in other words, personal life decisions can't be argued here. What's good for you, sucks for me, and vice-versa. Ultimately, go after what's going to make you happy and then strap yourself in for the ride.

Good luck and welcome.

Last edited:

Determined2BeGR8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Feb 12, 2015
New Jersey
No problem

Pro Tip 2: If you need other people to make your decisions for you, it's another sign you're not ready. As a business owner/CEO/president you will have to make decisions for OTHER PEOPLE. Which means you should have a pretty good understanding on how to make your own decisions. If you have to ask a bunch of complete strangers what the best course of action is for you, it's a sign that you're not ready.

The purpose of consulting with other people is to get facts, knowledge and seek council so you can make your own decision.

You didn't ask for facts. You didn't ask if you were missing something. You asked what you should do. Once you get past asking other people what to do, you will be in a better position to do your own thing.

My 2¢.
You definitely have something there with the decision making. I second guess myself a lot and I really need to work on that. I kind of thought I was consulting I guess it came off as me asking "tell me what to do". I'm sorry about that. You are very wise sir.

Determined2BeGR8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Feb 12, 2015
New Jersey
If you find the commentary in this thread tough to accept, you won't find owning a business any more forgiving. And yes, this is not Reddit. If your business is self-supporting and follows most of the commandments, I'd go for it. But then again, I'm not you -- I don't know your strengths, weaknesses, passions, hates, personality, whys, motives, bank balance, discipline, education, peers -- in other words, personal life decisions can't be argued here. What's good for you, sucks for me, and vice-versa. Ultimately, go after what's going to make you happy and then strap yourself in for the ride.

Good luck and welcome.

That makes a lot a sense. And you have given me a lot to consider. Very solid advise as well as the others. I really love the book BTW, it has opened my eyes to so much.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Walking across the river for the first time, will feel like a tidal wave.
I am halfway into this river (working for the man and running my business) but I have got my faith in what is outlined in the book.
I`ve got my vehicle in 6th gear (metaphorically) and my seat belt on for the rough ride.
Trust the system and most of the guys here are sentiment to that process working.

All the best man

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
A good first step would be doing a little due diligence and then apologizing to @jon.a while trying to understand what he was saying to you. Tough love, stories from experience, and being challenged are what you want from a life/business advisory group.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A good first step would be doing a little due diligence and then apologizing to @jon.a while trying to understand what he was saying to you. Tough love, stories from experience, and being challenged are what you want from a life/business advisory group.
No personal apology is necessary. One to the community might be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.