The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financial Guru - Bill Ackman

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Hey guys, I am just got interested about Hedge Fund Guy - Bill Ackman. I have watched a few videos about him in YouTube.
I don’t know. I think he is Maybe similar/equivalent to Peter Lynch.

Is it worthwhile listening to him for financial lessons ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
He's one of the greatest hedge fund managers ever, but what are you trying to learn?

Unless you're interested in business valuations, which in theory is all investing in stock should be, probably there are better teachers. If you want somebody to explain the infinite ways of measuring intrinsic value and predicting compounded expected returns based on historical stock moves, sure, he's a great guy to listen to.

If you need a guy to teach you how to budget because you're surviving on ramen and collecting cans to save a few cents... probably not.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
There is a documentary about him and herbal life "betting on zero". Unless you want to start a hedge fund, i wouldnt especially focus on him.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
He's one of the greatest hedge fund managers ever, but what are you trying to learn?

Unless you're interested in business valuations, which in theory is all investing in stock should be, probably there are better teachers. If you want somebody to explain the infinite ways of measuring intrinsic value and predicting compounded expected returns based on historical stock moves, sure, he's a great guy to listen to.

If you need a guy to teach you how to budget because you're surviving on ramen and collecting cans to save a few cents... probably not.
Yes. I am mostly interested in learning about the Contrarian Investing method and Basic Business Valuation. Thanks a lot. I appreciate you.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
Yes. I am mostly interested in learning about the Contrarian Investing method and Basic Business Valuation. Thanks a lot. I appreciate you.
I could recommend reading:

One Up on Wallstreet by Lynch
Deep Value by Carlisle
Margin of Safety by Klarman
Anything published by AQR
Letters and comments from Einhorn and Michael Burry
Security Analysis by Graham
Letters and studies from Tweedy Browne

I would suggest going from top to bottom. This should give you a fairly decent understanding of valuation and the importance of a margin of safety. I recommend these specifically because the market is so bullish and anti-value, that the contrarian move right now is likely to focus on underlying value. Also, Einhorn and Burry have their famous mortgage bubble play that was extraordinarily contrarian.

Graham and Tweedy Browne reports are must-reads. AQR is legendary in the value world, despite taking a beating the last few years.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I could recommend reading:

One Up on Wallstreet by Lynch
Deep Value by Carlisle
Margin of Safety by Klarman
Anything published by AQR
Letters and comments from Einhorn and Michael Burry
Security Analysis by Graham
Letters and studies from Tweedy Browne

I would suggest going from top to bottom. This should give you a fairly decent understanding of valuation and the importance of a margin of safety. I recommend these specifically because the market is so bullish and anti-value, that the contrarian move right now is likely to focus on underlying value. Also, Einhorn and Burry have their famous mortgage bubble play that was extraordinarily contrarian.

Graham and Tweedy Browne reports are must-reads. AQR is legendary in the value world, despite taking a beating the last few years.

This is huge help. Thanks man. I appreciate you.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
There is a documentary about him and herbal life "betting on zero". Unless you want to start a hedge fund, i wouldnt especially focus on him.

That was a great show.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.