The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally introducing myself

Huracan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 2, 2016
Hi everyone, been a member for a while but never took the time to introduce myself.

I'm Stephen, I'm 28 and i'm from London originally. Currently i'm in Taipei doing a marketing internship.

My background
Over a year ago I was in a pretty bad place, i had quit my masters degree, depressed, suffering from social anxiety and to top it off had a pretty bad gaming addiction. I never really cared about being successful and part of the reason is that my parents have always supported me. All l i really cared about was going to the gym, trying to get girls and playing video games.

It got to the point to where i was so unhappy and disgusted with myself that i started searching the internet for career ideas and ways to make money. I guess what i was truly looking for was a purpose and a sense of direction. I eventually stumbled upon the Tai Lopez "here in my garage video," and that is what lead me to start searching for self-development and business books. I nearly signed up for his 67 steps program but my gut was telling me that something wasn't right.

I found MJ's book on amazon after reading a few books which had little effect on me. I was immediately hooked, i couldn't put it down. I hadn't connected with a book like this since i was a kid reading Calvin and Hobbes. It completely changed the way i viewed life, and from that day on i knew that i wanted to, not just work for myself, but build something which provided value and helped other people.

I had no idea where to start, so over the past year i taught myself Front-end web development , while also reading as many books as i possibly could. MJ taught himself to code and i thought by the time i'd learnt to code i would have a business idea that i would want to act on. Then it dawned on me, just as i was about to take another Javascript course. All this web development learning was distracting me from what i should of really been focusing on. Looking for problems to solve and ways to help people. I was learning to code because it kept me busy. I have no intention of being a front-end web developer, even though i do enjoy it.

So this is where i am currently, I've flirted with starting up businesses in industries i'm passionate about, such as fitness and fashion. However I'd be doing it just because i like that industry and its what i know. Rather than having something with a unique value proposition which solves a problem and helps people.

My current short-term goals:
- Learn marketing copy
- build up my niche Instagram account
- Learn SEO
- Get a sales job when i return to London, to teach me how to sell and help me overcome my social anxiety.

Just want to say a huge thank you to MJ for writing the book and creating this forum. And also a huge thank you to all the members who have contributed to all the amazing threads. I truly am grateful. Apologies for the long introduction, I kind of got carried away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...