The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Film Making or Entrepreneurship?

Anything related to matters of the mind

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
Hey, my name is Jack and I'm currently 16 years old.
I have owned an investment newsletter business which provided technical analysis of the major Australian blue chip shares, but this got shut down when local rules got updated :( . I also love to make short films and various styles of film-making. Right now I am in a predicament that has cost me a good 2 months of questioning. I want to be a filmmaker when I am older, travel the world full-time and tell the stories that were never told by big media houses like the ABC, Netflix Originals etc. Trouble is, this all costs money, and the prerequisite here is that I either need to be earning it passively or be able to work from anywhere in the world. And since I've got only 2 years left of highschool, I need to start building a system that will help me reach my goals. Should I start another business that is more legal than the last one, or should I keep going at YouTube and odd film-making jobs in hopes of striking it big. I have little free time with study and extra-curricular so I don't have that much time to pursue both to a high degree. If you would like to suggest a business idea or any other investment type, I have a limit of about $20,000 to $22,000 from my previous business to work with. Thankyou again,
Jack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Video is in demand for all sorts of businesses at the moment.

As one example, I was looking at the website for a museum last weekend, and the website had a video on it's homepage, front and centre... which kinda sucked. A good video would help them sell more tickets.

Businesses need videos for websites, YouTube and advertising. Everything from the local chippy to a car dealership would benefit from good video.

If you made that money from fraud, maybe you should consider giving it back.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
Video is in demand for all sorts of businesses at the moment.

As one example, I was looking at the website for a museum last weekend, and the website had a video on it's homepage, front and centre... which kinda sucked. A good video would help them sell more tickets.

Businesses need videos for websites, YouTube and advertising. Everything from the local chippy to a car dealership would benefit from good video.

If you made that money from fraud, maybe you should consider giving it back.
Yeah perhaps I could integrate both the business and the filmmaking into one thing. And no, i didnt make it through fraud, I ran a newsletter providing my technical analysis of bluechip stocks in Australia, I complied with the rules, and then the Australian Securities board updated some of the rules which made my business illegal, so naturally I shut it down because I didn't want to get in trouble. It was hard because of the amount of effort I put into growing that business and I received emails all the time about how my analysis was helping people out, so it was a shame to see that go. But once again, thankyou for the advice, the main thing i need to do with this is find out how I can make it a fastlane model business!

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Yeah perhaps I could integrate both the business and the filmmaking into one thing. And no, i didnt make it through fraud, I ran a newsletter providing my technical analysis of bluechip stocks in Australia, I complied with the rules, and then the Australian Securities board updated some of the rules which made my business illegal, so naturally I shut it down because I didn't want to get in trouble. It was hard because of the amount of effort I put into growing that business and I received emails all the time about how my analysis was helping people out, so it was a shame to see that go. But once again, thankyou for the advice, the main thing i need to do with this is find out how I can make it a fastlane model business!

If film making is a skill, use it.

Wow, I apologise for my comment - when I read your business and your age I jumped to the conclusion you were doing something shady!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
If film making is a skill, use it.

Wow, I apologise for my comment - when I read your business and your age I jumped to the conclusion you were doing something shady!
Yeah fair enough, I know a few kids my age doing shady things involving a certain herb distribution. But yeah, I'm not doing shady things. I checked out your website and I found it interesting how you managed to combine your love for music and turn it into a business, how well has this worked for you so far?

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Yeah fair enough, I know a few kids my age doing shady things involving a certain herb distribution. But yeah, I'm not doing shady things. I checked out your website and I found it interesting how you managed to combine your love for music and turn it into a business, how well has this worked for you so far?

Not yet, I'm still figuring out selling courses etc online. Fingers crossed, with a bit of work, it will come together this year!

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hey, my name is Jack and I'm currently 16 years old.
I have owned an investment newsletter business which provided technical analysis of the major Australian blue chip shares, but this got shut down when local rules got updated :( . I also love to make short films and various styles of film-making. Right now I am in a predicament that has cost me a good 2 months of questioning. I want to be a filmmaker when I am older, travel the world full-time and tell the stories that were never told by big media houses like the ABC, Netflix Originals etc. Trouble is, this all costs money, and the prerequisite here is that I either need to be earning it passively or be able to work from anywhere in the world. And since I've got only 2 years left of highschool, I need to start building a system that will help me reach my goals. Should I start another business that is more legal than the last one, or should I keep going at YouTube and odd film-making jobs in hopes of striking it big. I have little free time with study and extra-curricular so I don't have that much time to pursue both to a high degree. If you would like to suggest a business idea or any other investment type, I have a limit of about $20,000 to $22,000 from my previous business to work with. Thankyou again,
Jack
I love short stories and short films as well. So I think you should continue but maybe a side job as well look into scholarship or grant proposals never know. Someone might fund you if you have Value n Persuasion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.