The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fell back into the scripted life

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
After escaping the scripted life very early in my life and starting and operating a few business I had to pack up and leave the country we have lived in for over 20 years due to crime and bad politics.

After a few failed attempts at starting a business I finally struck gold and build a very successful business. Along our exponential growth I partner up with a partner and that was clearly the wrong partner for me. I think it’s best said we are better at running our own businesses that being partners. We both had different ideas, neither of them better or worse but rather different. Another partner joined us, his brother and his other brother started working for us. Without going into too much detail I couldn’t take it anymore and sold my shares and walked away.

With the money and after my restraint of trade I decided to open the competition and honestly both companies where very successful while competitors.

During this time I had a few other ventures that didn’t pan out but probably because the bulk of my time was spent on my main business.

We finally decided to book our tickets and immigrate and sell the company and all our assets and start fresh. Unfortunately the sale of business failed and the business liquidated shortly after it was taken over. This left us with nothing and almost bankrupt as we did not receive the money due to us.

Suddenly I found myself back in the rat race and the scripted life in a new country and starting a new life.

It feels like we are starting from scratch and I honestly don’t know how or where to start - never had that problem before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hello @Shirkahn,

Welcome to the Fastlane community forums, and thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us.

It must suck like hell to suddenly lose everything you've spent years to build, and I wouldn't know how or where to start afresh either if I were to be in your shoes.

But there are some very experienced people in this community who are also very generous in sharing their knowledge and experiences. So be sure to tap into this pool of wisdom as you plan your next move.

Good luck, and Godspeed in your search for a new Fastlane business.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
It feels like we are starting from scratch and I honestly don’t know how or where to start - never had that problem before.

You are way ahead of many (starting) entrepreneurs. You have the right mindset and the experience and you know what it takes to build a successful business.

Work the job and start looking for opportunities. You are in a new country now. What was there in your country that isn't available in the country you are currently living in? What products are missing?

I've failed many times with a few small successes. I still have to maintain a job but I'm not giving up, and neither should you with the experience you carry.

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
You are way ahead of many (starting) entrepreneurs. You have the right mindset and the experience and you know what it takes to build a successful business.

Work the job and start looking for opportunities. You are in a new country now. What was there in your country that isn't available in the country you are currently living in? What products are missing?

I've failed many times with a few small successes. I still have to maintain a job but I'm not giving up, and neither should you with the experience you carry.

Thank you for the kind words and I am looking everyday and feel confident that I will find something that will fulfill my entrepreneurial spirit. Let’s do it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...