The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling stuck... Made 1 sale, struggling to get more (Agriculture)

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@Walter Hay Thanks! High praise coming from you. :smile2:

Could you use a lead gen model instead? Instead of business paying to list, take the farmer as a lead and sell the lead to the businesses for $50 / whatever.

Maybe the supply businesses will pay top $$ for a hot lead, than they will to list themselves to a potential lead...

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking as well. MJ's limos.com style.

Or HomeAdvisor style.

Far more profit potential imo in the long run.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
I was thinking along the same lines as @broswoodwork. Make the listings, being careful to attribute ownership of trademarks and copyright as necessary.
This comment got me wondering if what I'm currently doing is a bad idea.

For listings that I'm adding that have a website, I'm copying and pasting a snippet of text from their website for the description. Is that a bad idea? The site is linked on the same page.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
If you only copy and paste you are running a big risk, even if it only results in the website owners being so annoyed that they won't deal with you.

I am not offering legal advice, but you might try rewriting the text in your own words. It is probably also worth running your text through a plagiarism checking tool.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
If you only copy and paste you are running a big risk, even if it only results in the website owners being so annoyed that they won't deal with you.

I am not offering legal advice, but you might try rewriting the text in your own words. It is probably also worth running your text through a plagiarism checking tool.

Walter
Thanks for the input. I think it would slow me down way too much to try to describe each business by hand.

For businesses that I can't find a description for, I usually do:
"[BUSINESS NAME] is a [CATEGORY] business located near [CITY], [ST]."

I'm considering switching to using this phrase entirely instead of copying descriptions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.