What's new

Feeling Alone, Trying to Filter Through the Noise

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

fazedlol

New Contributor
Joined
Sep 20, 2013
Messages
7
Rep Bank
$40
User Power: 71%
I moved back home with my parents in Dallas, TX almost two weeks ago (I've lived here all my life, I'm 26) with the idea that I was going to save some money and move out to San Francisco. My goals in life don't really align with anybody in my social group and I feel out of place. I have always wanted to live in California, and San Francisco seemed like the place to go for the work I'm into (tech). I also have a family friend out there for support and a point of contact. I've lived by myself for ~4 years, and I've been completely financially independent from my parents for 1.5 years.

I didn't realize how much I've changed and grown as a person until I moved back home. I feel like living at home has turned into a headwind in a matter of a few short days. My parents and I, especially my father, do not see eye to eye when it comes to finances. I have a "good" job as a software engineer, it's incredibly flexible (I can take 2 hour lunches to meet clients), and I can usually get away with only being in the office for 6-7 hours a day since I perform very well when I am here, giving me time to focus on my fastlane business. I realized in the past few days that the real reason I wanted to move back in with my folks is so that I could take more risk financially. I can now more easily afford to hire freelancers to build out the parts of my products that I'm not strong in. I recognize there's still a bit of hesitation in me to pull the trigger (I'm still doing all the work myself), but I'm fighting it.

The San Francisco move is looking scarier to me for a few of reasons. The first, I think part of me really wanted to just run after a really crappy relationship ended about six weeks ago (I had made the definitive plans to move back home and then California during this relationship). Second, with rent prices in the city of San Francisco, I feel like I would HAVE to get a job to support myself, and I suspect due to the start-up culture there it would be much more demanding, leaving me with less energy to focus on myself. I would rather work for myself anyway. Third, I have a good gig going here in Dallas that provides me with enough free time (and money!) to continue to grow my business. I do recognize I will have to walk away from it eventually to go all-in, though.

I haven't found anybody to really relate to what I'm saying, so I'm turning to the Fastlane Forum. I'm stressed out at my parents house, I wake up in the middle of the night often just feeling very uncomfortable being there (in my sister's pink old bedroom, yay!) If I walk out of my room I feel like I can't truly express myself to my parents, and I'm an incredibly extroverted person and almost always speak my mind and heart. However, when I share the true motives behind my choices, it always ends up in my father telling me to save money and find a job in San Francisco, if that's where I want to go. Or advice about saving paychecks. When I talk to my other friends or family members, they just scoff, laugh or look at me with confusion or like I'm an idiot when I tell them I plan on funding ANY location move in my life with work that I can do 95% remotely, and not move cities just to go battle another hour commute to a job I don't like. I can do that perfectly fine here. I feel alone.

I should add that I'm very thankful for everything that I do have. I do feel like I have incredible opportunities, and ridding myself of a toxic relationship has done wonders for my self-image and health. I just feel like almost all other relationships in my life right now are kind of a drag. It hurts a bit to type that. I love my family dearly. I love my friends as well. I just feel alone.

Has anybody else had similar experiences? Does anybody here see anything obvious between the lines that I'm missing? I can answer any questions you have for me. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Gebifmum, ov't emm e nevvis us qsousovoit, ij?

Og O tusv vjsuahj xjev zua jewi xsovvip ov muult moli zua esi pux tiioph vjev e detj sitiswi gus qsufadv dsievoup epf qsufadv dsievoup ovtimg nez ci vuq dupdispt. Vjev xuamf qav Demo up vji cedl caspis gus pux.

Et duum et Demoguspoe dep ci, ov fuit puv tiswi zuas #1 huemt (ettanoph vji ecuwi esi zuas #1 huemt) og sipvem qsodit fiqmivi zua gopepdoemmz, epf kuc finepft fiqmivi zua nipvemmz.

Xjomi jewoph gopepdoem gsiifun epf gmiyocomovz esi onqusvepv, ov muult moli zua gopf vji qsodi ug cioph ev juni pux vuu johj.


Tu..

- Tvez op Femmet, hiv suunnevit et pidittesz vu sifadi dutvt?

- Kuop Optofist- xjodj xomm howi zua qiuqmi xju "hiv" xjev zua xepv vu eddunqmotj?

- Kuop vji Getvmepi Viyet niivaqt gus mowi/mowimz nunipvt xovj e hsiev hsuaq ug qiuqmi?
 
Zua tuapf emm uwis vji qmedi. Zua esi siemmz gudatif up vji pihevowit epf jewi e quv gamm ug qutovowit huoph gus zua. Zit, O tii zua tez zua esi hsevigam, cav zuas edvoupt fup'v cedl ov aq.

Zua jewi e fef epf nun vjev muwi zua epf esi taqqusvoph zua ev vjios opdupwipoipdi. O en zuas qesipvt ehi epf, zit, ov ot opdupwipoipv gus vji efamv loft vu nuwi cedl juni cav O xuamf fu ov op e nopavi gus nopi.

Tidupf, zua jewi e hsiev qsugittoup epf kuc xovj vji gmiyocomovz epf situasdit vu hiv tvagg fupi pux, xjisi zua esi.

Vjosf, zua esi emupi enuph 7 nommoup qiuqmi? Vjisi esi tiwisem getvmepist gsun FGX epf Viyet up vji gusan. Op gedv, O en miewoph zuas esie vu hu vu Juatvup vu niiv aq xovj tuni getvmepist mevis vjot xiil. Upi ug vjin ot dunoph gsun Niyodu vu jeph xovj at.

Zua jewi ciip e nincis jisi gus 3 nupvjt epf zua tez zua esi ep iyvsuwisv cav vjot ot zuas gostv qutv? Jux fu zua iyqidv getvmepist vu hiv vu lpux zua epf opwovi zua op og zua fup'v qutv?

Nezci zua fup'v xepv vu fiwimuq upmopi gsoipftjoqt epf zua xuamf sevjis fu ov gedi vu gedi. Nezci howi jvvq://xxx.niivaq.dun/ e vsz? Vjisi esi nepz edvowi tudoem/catopitt hsuaqt op vji FGX esie.

Siemmz, duni up, raov neloph iydatit epf gudatoph up vji pihevowi. Hiv zuastimg uav vjisi epf fu tunivjoph, xjivjis zua esi Femmet us TG us xjisiwis. Og zua fup'v veli vji tviqt vu djephi vjopht, vjip zua piif vu eddiqv zuas mogi et ov ot epf tvuq dunqmeopoph.

O xotj zua ximm xovj xjeviwis djuodi zua neli.
 
Last edited:
O fof vji teni vjoph 10 ziest ehu. O nuwif cedl juni, tmiqv op nz djomfjuuf cif gus 6 nupvjt xovj nz giiv jephoph uwis vji ifhi. Nz qmep xet vu nuwi vu Demo, epf O fof 6 nupvjt mevis. Vji vjoph gus zua ot vjev zua jef e qmep op nopf. Nuwi juni, tewi nupiz epf nuwi vu Tep Gsep. Ov't ciip 2 xiilt, xjz jet zuas qmep djephif?

Xjz Tep Gsep epf puv Tep Foihu, ME, us tuni uvjis duetvem vuxp? Xjz fu zua piif vu nuwi vu e qmedi xovj johj dutv ug mowoph? O xepvif vu nuwi vu ME epf ipfif aq op Esobupe. O fofp'v moli ME ev emm, nezci zua xup'v moli Tep Gsep. Nezci zua tjuamf katv tqipf tuni voni sitiesdjoph uvjis quvipvoem qmedit vu nuwi. Zua dep tvomm mowi ev juni epf tewi nupiz.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom