The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback request: C+8 Design

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
One of the designers we use the most for our projects just finished his site redesign.

He asked me for feedback, I already gave him a couple of comments, but I'd love to hear from you about your opinions and what you think should be improved about this site.

Thanks in advance for your input on this.

C+8 engaging ideas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not a big fan of the scrolling content (is there a term most people use for this?) on every page. It can be good on the first page as an "at a glance" type deal, but it's too much movement especially on every page.

I also felt like the 3 points underneath the scrolling content felt the same on each page. It wasn't till I actually glanced over it I realized it wasn't.

Honestly, I'm not a visually creative type so it's kind of a pointless constructive criticism (I can't really say, try changing it to 'x'). So, really take it for what it's worth in the sense that it's my personal view of it.

carlosc

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2011
Miami
Well thank you for your comment. The main point of the site is to showcase capabilities and strong visual solutions to any digital projects that come along focusing on mobile apps development.

alpapa23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 17, 2011
To be honest - it took me too long to figure out what the site/business actually does. There needs to be something that clearly says what the business does and some call to action. Take a look at Los Angeles web design - Ciplex for example, you go to the homepage and it says "We create award winning websites". The first thing I see on this page is chess, I should know what you do first and then have it supplemented by the example.

Along with Icy - the our focus, goal, and team are too generic. You should be specific about your focus - ie we focus on building high quality mobile applications, or something to that effect.

A

Anon3587x

The best websites are the simplest.

I scroll down and it says "How we Started"

I think that is wasted space because as a customer I don't care how you started. I only want to know how you can help me, how are you doing it better than everyone else, and how much does it cost.

That site is not very good at hooking or engaging.

Just my opinion

carlosc

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2011
Miami
Definitely very interesting points guys, I'll keep those in mind as we just launched the site last week.

I might be looking at the site from the point of view that my main target at this point is larger advertising agencies or people that enjoy clean design work. bateati, it is impossible for me to give out prices for unknown projects. Projects are unique an each one has different characteristics that can be sum on a this cost this much or that much. when talking to a client I want to provide realistic solutions to unique communication objectives.

I would like to know what is your line of businesses if you don't mind, so I understand better your background.

carlosc

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2011
Miami
Also I'm not hoping at this point to be picked up on google by SEO as my main source of clients are connections I have develop over my career as Art Director in the advertising field. But again I really appreciate all your comments and be waiting for your reply about your line of work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.