The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fed Up With Your Country? Where Is Left to Go?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
270 Watt Solar with 200 ampHR lithium batteries.

I want to increase to 500-600 watts solar and add 200 more ampHR of battery.

Of course it’s not really feasible to run AC off of battery, but if I had 500ish watts of solar and 400 ampHR of battery I could go pretty much indefinitely. Everything is either 12V or propane besides the A/C and TV’s.

You cannot run ac with 500w solar and 400amph of battery. At least not for more than a few minutes.

I have 570w solar and 400amph battery and I tested it. It drained the batteries in about 15 minutes.

You need about 2000w solar and 2000amph batteries minimum for ac.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
My Resume

Attachments

• Timothy Cunningham Resume Sales saas..docx
    33.9 KB · Views: 44

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Is it harder for you to leave Australia, or to a North Korean to leave North Korea?

Lol. I would say about the same.

Except I might not get shot for trying to leave here yet.

At least not yet.

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
My Resume
Props for putting it out there.

Are you open to feedback? I've been selecting people for my teams and getting various roles and business clients myself. Happy to brainstorm this with you. My DMs are open.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
on that note, I guess it’s almost time to f***in move back to humid a$$ Florida, the freest state in the MF Union! An image was just posted on Grant Cardone’s Instagram a couple hours ago, he won’t be discriminating against ppl for their health choices, And Ron DeSantis said he doesnt want to hear anything about cvdd until Biden fixes the border.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lemme tell you what a difference going somewhere else makes, even if it is just a little north of Dade County, especially when you find some patches of freedom. The happiest I have ever been is today seeing a restaurant full of people without masks while getting something to eat. I'm sure West FL is probably like this so it sucks to be missing out. I wonder how most of the flyover states are doing because it must be nice right now to live in those places especially since they are red states.

Went out to dinner Friday nigh at a local pizza bar. The place was jammed packed, no social distancing BS, lively and spirited, the smell of good food, and not a DAMN MASK in sight. Let me tell you, it was paradise.

There must be a lot of people sick of their country
I've given up on humanity and sick of the world, I'm looking for a new planet. ;)

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
Go for it

TLDR version: Who is your audience and what benefits do you provide? Your resume is your copy/sales letter/landing page and your service/skillset is your product.

Some freeflow thoughts:

Busy people don't read resumes. They only look at the first paragraph and scan the previous job titles, maybe look at the latest role description. That's it. The rest is background noise. You have less than 15 seconds to convince me I should read your resume more carefully. If you fail, I'll add you to the pile of other applications and decide to come back to it later. This rarely happens because someone else grabs my attention and I decide to talk to them first. And the pile becomes irrelevant.

I usually recommend finding the company and the role you want to go for and expressing your skillset/offering in their language. Generic resumes full of fluff are everywhere. Someone who can speak to my needs and shows an understanding of what I'm after in the first paragraph gets my attention.

If you've seen an interesting job ad, highlight the key points in the responsibilities and requirements sections. All of them and only them. Then make sure you talk to these points using your past achievements. Build a strong (and relevant) value proposition and position yourself as a perfect fit for the role. The rest of your resume should show how you made your previous clients/employers benefit from your contributions in the areas discussed in the job ad. Use the language and keywords you just highlighted in the ad. Mirroring is a powerful rapport building technique.

Because the first thing I look at is so important, it needs to hit the nail on the head. It's your chance to grab my attention with your elevator pitch. Show me why you're relevant. It's the product-market fit assessment time. I'm the customer, you provide the service I'm interested in. Service that goes beyond its functional use, because you need to fit in and be aligned with the company's goals and culture. I'm cautious because my risks are higher than yours. Who are you and how well do you match what I need? How can I be sure you won't fail me? If you address this in your first paragraph, you will immediately stand out.

Instead of saying how good you are, show me you get shit done and that you do it in style. Your past achievements and clarity of goals are indicators of your future performance.

I don't need to know what you were busy doing (e.g., "making phone calls" or "responsible for x"). I want to see what you accomplished. How did your work benefit your clients/employers? Did you bring them money? Did you save them time? Did you increase their customer satisfaction? And so on. Bonus points for quantifying your achievements and making them tangible.

When you say "drive membership sales", how does it translate to my benefit? Were you just busy doing something with no results to show or were you killing it? How would I know? Compare with "increased revenue by x% over a y-month (or z-year) period". It cuts through the slowlane bullshit, speaks to what I care about and is more reassuring.

You don't need to use job titles, you could list projects. Or show the clients you worked with/for. Again, find a presentation style that best matches what I'm trying to find and how I scan your document.

Last but not least, your resume is just a foot in the door. It won't get you a job. Its only purpose is to get you in front of the decision maker so that you could seal the deal in person. It also means a resume is not the only tool in your toolbox. If you really want the job, find additional ways to make it easier for me to decide if I should hire you.

Let me know if you want to brainstorm the details.

Good luck!

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
Down here in Miami they are starting to do the whole vax for basketball game/concert tickets thing just like NYC.

Its ironic that there is a current crisis down here with the Cubans and actively resisting communism in Cuba. They are not wrong about that though it seems they may have to look locally for resisting any sort of commie stuff. I have hope they may resist at some point since they are very proud and passionate people in this semi liberal place. They have also been the ones warning about gov overreach for years down here. The FL gov resisting so other parts of FL stay chill also helps. I guess we'll see what happens later on.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Man this thread got popular really quick.

There must be a lot of people sick of their country
Not necessarily. I’m happy.
But I enjoy being informed.
For example, MJ is partnering with Elon to occupy Mars

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Been living in Colombia for last 18 months but will be heading back to the U.S. sometime in the fall.

As my industry requires me to work with companies predominantly found in "red" states, there will be a lot of ground travel between said states and "blue" ones. Once I take care of pressing matters there, it will be time to settle on a new base, either domestic or international.

I'm open minded to many places but personally hate having restrictions of the likes we've seen since last year.

With that said, here's a briefing on life in Colombia today.

- virtually all major restrictions have been lifted.
- masks, however, are still needed to go inside anywhere.
- I hardly wear masks at all, only when entering a large commercial building or when at the market or department store.
- Walking without a mask gets looks, but no-one ever actually says anything.
- Crime supposedly has risen, but not much difference from February of 2020.
- Overall, definetly recommend visiting here if you've never been. I'm pretty sure the non-major Caribbean cities and towns are living like its 2019 anyway lol.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

“I came back for the passing of my mother, I was locked in a hotel room while she passed away, denied an exemption to see her, and now I am subjected to proving my life overseas, in order to leave again?” the 35-year-old said.

“My life is overseas, my work is there, my partner is there, I’ve just lost my mother, and now I can be denied to go back and seek comfort from my partner?

“She has not been allowed in with me and now I might be denied leaving? What has this country come to?“
The [Queensland] Premier goes overseas to the Olympics, the Prime Minister goes to check out his family history in England.

Pure evil. There is no other word for it. The politicians should be sentenced for crimes against humanity.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Timmy C

this is absolutely unreal.

Australia is alone in banning its citizens, temporary visa holders, permanent residents and dual citizens from leaving the country under the international travel ban brought in March 2020.

It is also the only country to have temporarily threatened some of its citizens with the threat of jail and massive fines if they tried to return home from India during the height of its recent COVID wave. Several Australians who had been trying to get home died in India.
Am I reading this right? Ban exit to prevent someone going to another country and get covid and come back? Aren’t they already imposing quarantine for anyone entering? What am I missing?

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
Well they are requiring non union gov employees for the county here, from my understanding of the news, to get vaxed. I imagine any union employees and other gov workers here in the USA will get their vaxes later. I guess we'll see if there will be any sort of pushback. I'd love to be wrong but it ain't looking good. So much for the current anti commie protests lol. What a damn shame because there goes the US Constitution bit by bit...

Wonder if all the gov workers being vaxed were key to reaching herd immunity all along. Since most of them here in the US lean a certain way news of them having to get the vax should not surprise them. At least being a civvy is still nice so that should not change much.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Well they are requiring non union gov employees for the county here, from my understanding of the news, to get vaxed. I imagine any union employees and other gov workers here in the USA will get their vaxes later. I guess we'll see if there will be any sort of pushback. I'd love to be wrong but it ain't looking good. So much for the current anti commie protests lol. What a damn shame because there goes the US Constitution bit by bit...

Wonder if all the gov workers being vaxed were key to reaching herd immunity all along. Since most of them here in the US vote lib news of them having to get the vax should not surprise them. At least being a civvy is still nice so that should not change much.

Sue them, don't comply.

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
Sue them, don't comply.
I'm not a gov employee lol I'm a civvy thankfully. It looks like those folks will have to sort that out. Maybe they may do just that later on but its gov employees so I would be surprised if they are able to do it.

Edit to add: Down here it is pretty biz friendly so maybe some of the local businesses could be ready to do just that if they get word of having to vax their people. We will see.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
That’s interesting.

6B9161BF-A67C-4214-8C48-C8B9A75897B2.png

note: to access the URL you need to spell vaccine correctly all lowercase. The forum is modifying the spelling

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You can't make this shit up.

I am entering a "snap lockdown"

Lock Downs work so well, we have to do it forever.
See lockdowns are a policy that doesn’t consider the future whatsoever. This fact was the biggest frustration I had with the policy.

So sure, you keep people from ever seeing or interacting with one another, the spread of a virus wouldn’t happen. Got it.

But, the only way for a lockdown to actually work is to literally lock the planet down, every single person, and make sure that the virus dies. It’s impossible.

So they’ll let you out of this lockdown and the damn virus would just spread again. It does literally nothing other than procrastinate the inevitable. It isn’t a solution and people that see it as one are intellectually dead.

It is a tiny benefit today at a massive expense to tomorrow. Kill the golden goose shit.

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
I'm afraid Albania is going to carve from EU's pressure. They are trying to get into the Union, I'd be surprised if they didn't try to please the overlords. Montenegro did the same.
I've been thinking about this as well. Georgia is also one of the countries trying to join the EU.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017