The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear & Trembling is the Best Place to Start

Anything related to matters of the mind

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
You may have heard it said that it’s not good to try and do business from a place of desperation. That negative emotions like fear, anger, shame are weights that pull you down. That first you need to get rid of them, and only then you can be successful.

My message is the exact opposite. Whatsoever dark and negative emotions you’re experiencing — they are what will make you successful. I still remember that story from “How to Sell Anything to Anybody” by Joe Girard who is still in the Guiness Book for the greatest salesman of all time.

It was about how he made his first sale in a commission only job, because he was DESPERATE to get food for his family. And he did it without any skill and without any system. It was pure desperation — if memory serves me right, he said he imagined the customer’s head being a bag full of groceries, which is what he needed for his family.

Once you learn to leverage negative emotions to drive you forward, you’ll find that they are the BEST motivators. Much better and much stronger than positive emotions.

So be thankful for your darkness. It will be the key to your success — just learn how to use it FOR you rather than AGAINST you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol blow me. :rofl:

I’m done with you. I should have posted my thread to the inside because you can’t afford it.

4BB557F8-BB4D-4216-9EB4-6CA7DB7D99DD.jpeg

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m going to need somebody to summarize the reasons people are fed up with Black Dragon. I need a leaderboard; I have beer.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I’m going to need somebody to summarize the reasons people are fed up with Black Dragon. I need a leaderboard; I have beer.
I’ll tell you why — it’s because I see the world differently from them and they’re never able to argue for their views rationally, so they prefer to resort to insults & violence (the latter in the form of crying to the moderators to silence me). You’ll never hear me try to silence people expressing views that are opposite to mine, the forum is a home to all, and the more diversity the better as far as I’m concerned. It’s intellectual diversity that gets people to think for themselves, which imo is more important than being told what to think.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’ll tell you why — it’s because I see the world differently from them and they’re never able to argue for their views rationally, so they prefer to resort to insults & violence (the latter in the form of crying to the moderators to silence me). You’ll never hear me try to silence people expressing views that are opposite to mine, the forum is a home to all, and the more diversity the better as far as I’m concerned. It’s intellectual diversity that gets people to think for themselves, which imo is more important than being told what to think.
Ok. I hear you. Have you made good money this year dude? I feel like you’re having fun trolling ppl. Maybe you’re right and they need to be trolled.. but maybe they’re not ready for your wisdom. Just sayin.

I feel like you’re bored and need a challenge. Am I right?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Ok. I hear you. Have you made good money this year dude? I feel like you’re having fun trolling ppl. Maybe you’re right and they need to be trolled.. but maybe they’re not ready for your wisdom. Just sayin.

I feel like you’re bored and need a challenge. Am I right?
I’m not trolling anyone. Please keep the thread on topic.

I read the forum and when I find things I disagree with, I will express my views in threads of my own not to hijack other people’s discussions. I’d appreciate if you did the same with my threads!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m not trolling anyone. Please keep the thread on topic.

I read the forum and when I find things I disagree with, I will express my views in threads of my own not to hijack other people’s discussions. I’d appreciate if you did the same with my threads!
I’m on topic. You just haven’t seen the connection yet.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I’m on topic. You just haven’t seen the connection yet.
I’m pretty sure the topic isn’t whether I’m bored, trolling or have made money this year LOL!

The topic is how your relationship to your negative emotions determines your success. I see the negative emotions as our best motivators once we learn to use them.

Now what do you think about that?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I’m pretty sure the topic isn’t whether I’m bored, trolling or have made money this year LOL!

The topic is how your relationship to your negative emotions determines your success. I see the negative emotions as our best motivators once we learn to use them.

Now what do you think about that?
Listen I am desperate. I get down on my knees every day to service our lord in prayer i will do what it takes no matter what to turn this anger and shame into money one day i agree with what you said 100% thanks for servicing the forum with your wisdom

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Right. So how do we tap into those negative emotions? You want people to read a Robert Greene book or The Art of War or Karl Marx or what?

I think you’re bored. What’s been going on with your business?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Crushing it lady, looking like $39K/mo in March so far, 18 new clients brought in, 1 just joined today. Now let’s get back on topic.

that’s a good question — if only you weren’t asking it in jest.

You tap into those negative emotions first of all by not opposing them and trying to fight against them.

Most people when they feel something negative, they try to get rid of it. You feel angry because you’re a brokie, so you tell yourself uhh uhh it’s OK, I still have a girlfriend, let’s be happy bla bla. That’s why you remain a loser.

I wake up angry because I’m not a billionaire, and instead of counting my blessings, I divert that energy into signing up a few more clients and improving my processes for delivering results for them.

You see the difference?

That’s the start of it. Next comes the realization that your negative emotions don’t control your actions. I can be depressed and still hit the gym. And so can you. The problem is that you’ve trained yourself, made it into a habit, that when you’re depressed you “can’t” do certain things, like hitting the gym. So you don’t.

After that at a more advanced stage, you feel joy at your negative emotions, because you UNDERSTAND their purpose and how much they’re helping you. This is also, precisely the point that Spinoza was making — understanding leads the blessedness. Not blessedness because you always feel happy, but blessedness because you understand that your darkness is your biggest ally.
Sorry for the lag, I’m destroying someone’s argument on another forum.

Do you think leaning into your darker side is safe for everybody or only people who have a clear moral framework which tightly controls their behavior? Like would you recommend just anyone to lean into their dark side?

I’m not asking in jest. I am capable of amusing people, attaining my own ends, respecting your intelligence and exploring various concepts simultaneously. Why aren’t you at 50k a month yet?

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Do you think leaning into your darker side is safe for everybody or only people who have a clear moral framework which tightly controls their behavior? Like would you recommend just anyone to lean into their dark side?
I am not a teacher of morals here. My goal is to teach success, not morality. I leave morality to each individual person to make up their own mind on.

Having said that, my own opinion is that success and morality are separate, as I have said many times before. And sometimes, they are opposed.

If you look at the most materially successful people in history — they have been the biggest criminals.

And if you look at the most moral and saintly people in history… they have been killed by the immoral. Like Jesus, Socrates or Ghandi.

So I am not claiming that tapping into your darkness is risk-free. Quite the contrary — it is risky, but success doesn’t come without risk. Success requires BOLDNESS. So you have to decide for yourself what matters more to you, and what your values are, and act accordingly.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I am not a teacher of morals here. My goal is to teach success, not morality. I leave morality to each individual person to make up their own mind on.

Having said that, my own opinion is that success and morality are separate, as I have said many times before. And sometimes, they are opposed.

If you look at the most materially successful people in history — they have been the biggest criminals.

And if you look at the most moral and saintly people in history… they have been killed by the immoral. Like Jesus, Socrates or Ghandi.

So I am not claiming that tapping into your darkness is risk-free. Quite the contrary — it is risky, but success doesn’t come without risk. Success requires BOLDNESS. So you have to decide for yourself what matters more to you, and what your values are, and act accordingly.
So you’re not culpable if you weaponize morally dubious individuals by helping them to use their dark sides?

Is that not taken straight out of the Sith playbook?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Is a lawyer culpable because he defends a criminal? My purpose is to teach success — not ethics. And the reason why that’s my purpose is precisely because I see success and ethics as separate and sometimes even opposed.

The alternative is to teach people what Plato called a NOBLE LIE — to tell people a falsehood just to make sure they always choose what’s right over what leads to success.

I am not responsible for other people’s choices. I am honestly sharing what I see as leading to success. Whether you use it or not, or HOW you use it, that’s your business.
Why do you feel so responsible for TEACHING success, as you like to put it? How does sharing this knowledge improve your success?

Does teaching people to lean into their dark sides help you practice doing so?

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Counterpoint: when you're desperate to make money, people can smell it on you. When I was there, it didn't feel motivating. I wasn't ragescreaming HOW AM I NOT A BILLIONAIRE YET, leaping out of bed to try to make the universe my financial bitch; I was in abject panic about paying my mortgage and feeding my wife and daughter the next day. And because I looked sounded and acted desperate, nobody wanted anything to do with me. I don't think I could have sold ice cream in a Florida July if I'd tried.

So what are you saying here? Sure, a strong desire to achieve your goals, and a discomfort with not being there yet, can be a great motivator, I agree with that. But I don't think that's what you mean.

Is a lawyer culpable because he defends a criminal? My purpose is to teach success — not ethics. And the reason why that’s my purpose is precisely because I see success and ethics as separate and sometimes even opposed.

The alternative is to teach people what Plato called a NOBLE LIE — to tell people a falsehood just to make sure they always choose what’s right over what leads to success.

I am not responsible for other people’s choices. I am honestly sharing what I see as leading to success. Whether you use it or not, or HOW you use it, that’s your business.
Um... Don't take this the wrong way, but has anyone ever asked you if you're a sociopath before?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Counterpoint: when you're desperate to make money, people can smell it on you. When I was there, it didn't feel motivating. I wasn't ragescreaming HOW AM I NOT A BILLIONAIRE YET, leaping out of bed to try to make the universe my financial bitch; I was in abject panic about paying my mortgage and feeding my wife and daughter the next day. And because I looked sounded and acted desperate, nobody wanted anything to do with me. I don't think I could have sold ice cream in a Florida July if I'd tried.

So what are you saying here? Sure, a strong desire to achieve your goals, and a discomfort with not being there yet, can be a great motivator, I agree with that. But I don't think that's what you mean.

Um... Don't take this the wrong way, but has anyone ever asked you if you're a sociopath before?
If he was, would he answer? Hmmm. I just wish we could verify his business stuff. Then I’d be way more willing to take his advice and use my dark powers.

*cough

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
So you need to verify my business stuff, because you want me to be your master, because I’m more successful than you right?

Why can’t you just think for yourself and judge ideas based on their own merits, rather than on who comes up with them?

If I’m successful or not shouldn’t matter to you. It’s the same thing that people obsessed with testimonials and case studies think.

Let me tell you, case studies are worse than useless. I’d never look at a case study or testimonial. I’m just not interested in them.

Because I use my own brain and logic to make decisions, I don’t surrender my decision-making powers to a guru because he’s more successful than me.

That would be retarded. You’re smart enough to assess ideas using your own mind, not someone’s success. People can be very successful and very DUMB — it’s not a rule that being successful makes you smart. It doesn’t! In fact, being dumb is usually an advantage as we were discussing in the IQ thread…
If you want to discuss bdsm we can. Are you into that?

I’d like you to verify your income if you can but without a third party I doubt ppl would trust you.

If someone is an authority on a subject then they deserve more trust, don’t you think?

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
No. I don’t believe in any authorities, and I have no authorities. I am perfectly able to use my brain to judge ideas, and if an “authority” is spewing bullshit, I’ll call it out. Doesn’t matter that they’re currently more successful than me — that’s a momentary thing.

I believe in people thinking for themselves and empowering people to think for themselves.
So you empower people to think for themselves by teaching them but you have no authority on any topics?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
So you empower people to think for themselves by teaching them but you have no authority on any topics?
Yes. You listen to me at your own risk, just as you listen to anyone else at your own risk. There are no “authorities” in life. That’s a bullshit concept that others have invented to get you to obey them and be their slaves. I really do wonder why not everyone is able to see this… and why so many people refuse to think with their own God-given brains, and will instead let someone else think for them.

MJ talks about this all the time. For God’s sake, it’s the first letter in CENTS. And yet, you guys go on doing exactly the same thing. Giving up control — you’ve given up control your entire lives, don’t you get it?! That’s why you’re where you are, because you’ve always given up control…

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Yes. You listen to me at your own risk, just as you listen to anyone else at your own risk. There are no “authorities” in life. That’s a bullshit concept that others have invented to get you to obey them and be their slaves. I really do wonder why not everyone is able to see this… and why so many people refuse to think with their own God-given brains, and will instead let someone else think for them.

MJ talks about this all the time. For God’s sake, it’s the first letter in CENTS. And yet, you guys go on doing exactly the same thing. Giving up control — you’ve given up control your entire lives, don’t you get it?! That’s why you’re where you are, because you’ve always given up control…
To whom?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
To anyone except to your own self. People give up control all the time… to their family, to their church, to their employer, to their country, to their guru, for their teacher and on and on it goes.
I’m sorry you’re so alone. That must be devastating. Giving up control is part and parcel to having committed relationships of all sorts. It’s a trade off. The ebb and flow of surrender to authority, trust in others, respect, belief - these are things which make the world good.

But maybe if everyone gives up on all of that they’ll be more like you and you won’t be by yourself? Hm.

Chat more later, it’s bedtime here.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
@Primeperiwinkle I think it's better if we can stick to the original topic. You two clearly disagree with each other and this is unlikely to change any time soon.

I think that the core idea is that not all negative emotions are inherently bad. Pain can be a very strong indicator that it's time to change.

Perhaps that's why on the forum we have been discussing about experiencing an FTE, and use it as a catalyst for improvement.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
You can’t be out with your mates at the pub watching the World Cup when your name is Bill Gates.
Bill gates is such a good example though, because he is such a prominent philanthropist, so generously helping all of those people and selflessly using his money to making breakthroughs in medical and now farming procedures for the benefit of all humanity. And I think research has shown the happiest people are those that seflessly help others the most, so he must be very happy despite being so successful! Bill gates should be an inspiration to us all

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bill gates is such a good example though, because he is such a prominent philanthropist, so generously helping all of those people and selflessly using his money to making breakthroughs in medical and now farming procedures for the benefit of all humanity. And I think research has shown the happiest people are those that seflessly help others the most, so he must be very happy despite being so successful! Bill gates should be an inspiration to us all

Wow, you keep sticking your foot in your mouth. I need to bring back that negative/down vote reaction. And this is a classic case of the "HA HA" reaction is not laughter in unison, but laughter in utter disgust.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

I have to agree with this statement about being in desperation with money… I wasn’t being in a place of abundance when I had received my civil lawsuit against a creditor. It doesn’t work well and people can smell that desparation.

I didn’t have the mindset to help it was more about me than them… it doesn’t get you anywhere.

It doesn’t allow you to help another person.

I won that lawsuit and paid back what I owe.

It also doesn’t let you be happy with where you are at. You bring your mind to the future versus the present and thus you become unhappy with your current placement in life.

I don’t think theirs anything wrong with wanting to be financially healthy, but it’s also comes often as a hard lesson to also be grateful where we are despite our current situation circumstances.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hmmm your not exactly bill gates so you wouldnt really know how he feels in this current time.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, you keep sticking your foot in your mouth. I need to bring back that negative/down vote reaction. And this is a classic case of the "HA HA" reaction is not laughter in unison, but laughter in utter disgust.
If you read it as deep sarcastic irony, it works! Billy G has always had our best interests in mind! He’s definitely not just trying to make a name as a philanthropist/establishment toe-the-line-or-else pusher to distract from setting the most important industry of our lives back by 20 years out of sheer selfishness!

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
setting the most important industry of our lives back by 20 years out of sheer selfishness!
I dont understand how he is setting back computers? Microsoft isnt the only operating system either, with apple now having more market, and AI seems to be a breakthrough

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Well MJ, it is proof of one thing: the propaganda machine is working. Maybe not for most people here (fastlane is a fringe philosophy which usually attracts more open-minded people who question “accepted truths” and “authority”), but to the vast number of average people, it’s working…

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
And this is a classic case of the "HA HA" reaction is not laughter in unison, but laughter in utter disgust.
Guys STOP using the HAHA reaction!

We're about to get the no-haha forum prohibition reinstated. :eek:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.