The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Poker Game

Which Online Poker Site Do You Use?

• FullTiltPoker

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • PartyPoker

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • PokerStars

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • AbsolutePoker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PokerRoom

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • UltimateBet

• BoDog

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • DoylesRoom

• Total voters

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So where does everyone play online poker? I figure maybe we can get a home game going?

I used to play at PartyPoker.com but haven't been online for over 1 year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

reipro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
I used to play at Party Poker as well. Went to the WSOP in 06 from one of there tournments. Currently I have been playing at Full Tilt. Poker stars seems to be gaining

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Pokerroom.com play money

A game would be great (as long as the pro's give us a chance ;) may be something with a small buy in

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I play pokerstars and Absolute Poker. I use to play party poker before they chickened out over US legislation.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I prefer FullTiltPoker.com

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Any web sites let you do a private table for you and your pals, where we could have our own private tourny? Might be fun to toss in $50 each, and winner takes all, etc... Or 2nd place takes 1/4, winer takes 3/4

I have a game like that at my house every month or 2, but you'd have to be in Colorado Springs to get invited ;)

- Hakrjak

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I added a poll to this thread -- please vote!!

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I used to play party poker but have now switched to poker stars. if you wouldn'tmind a new guy dal me in on the tourney...

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I added a poll to this thread -- please vote!!

MJ,

3 of the sites you listed don't allow you to play for real money if you're in the US anymore. So a tourney wouldn't work on those.

-Bill

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
Have never played online poker, I had a look at a couple of the sites and found this...without diverting the thread, does this mean you can no longer bet real $$ in the US?

"Following the enactment of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act on 13 October 2006, PartyGaming stopped customers in the US from playing or making deposits on any of the Group's real money sites. As a result, operations located physically outside the US but which relate to customers within the US were discontinued from 13 October 2006"

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Have never played online poker, I had a look at a couple of the sites and found this...without diverting the thread, does this mean you can no longer bet real $$ in the US?

"Following the enactment of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act on 13 October 2006, PartyGaming stopped customers in the US from playing or making deposits on any of the Group's real money sites. As a result, operations located physically outside the US but which relate to customers within the US were discontinued from 13 October 2006"

No, it depends on the site. Most sites you still can, some sites became non-us. One thing that people misinterpret is that playing poker online is completely 100% legal. I's the funding of online gaming sites that the law is about, and will probably be "fixed" in the near future.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
We've held some small tournaments in the micro's forum on 2+2. People love sidebets. Like loser changes his avatar for a month or 10 bonus for knocking a certain player out of the tournament. Also, we opened aim and allowed all the players to log into one chat room. (we usually have 30 players). Just some ideas.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
We've held some small tournaments in the micro's forum on 2+2. People love sidebets. Like loser changes his avatar for a month or 10 bonus for knocking a certain player out of the tournament. Also, we opened aim and allowed all the players to log into one chat room. (we usually have 30 players). Just some ideas.

Great ideas. Bonus for the people who knock out moderators ;)

Suggestion - The poll should allow multiple submissions, but I am sure any site that is reasonable and will allow us to do this will work.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
We've held some small tournaments in the micro's forum on 2+2. People love sidebets.

How did you host the tourney online? Did you use your own software or an online site?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Many poker sites will host the tournament for you. You can set it up before hand. You can even set it up with a password so only the people you want to play can sign up. I haven't setup the tournaments myself, but its not difficult to do.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Yup. Used to be on Partypoker all the time about a year or so ago. Haven't been on since you can't play for real. I'm always down to take someone's money, so count me in for any poker game! :smxB:

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
It's been about a year, but I used to play on PartyPoker. I think a Fastlane tournament would be a lot of fun.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I'm a big poker stars fan myself. I used to play with real money until I took one too many bad beats. But if you get a home game going, I would love to play.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys,

I just got the approval to create private tournaments on PokerStars. The minimum buy-in is $5. There is no option for play money tourneys.

If we can get at least 9 people confirmed and a date and time, I can set one up.

As far as money, I know that its tough to get money into the account for those who don't have one set up.

I propose that anyone here can send me $5-$10 via paypal and I can transfer my money my pokerstars account into theirs.

Kenric

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Biophase, I would love to join in if you get this going. I haven't used my account in a while, but I used to have a real money account. I'll have to check later when I get home and see if I can still access it.

Count me in!!!

Last edited:

reipro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Hey guys,

I just got the approval to create private tournaments on PokerStars. The minimum buy-in is $5. There is no option for play money tourneys.

If we can get at least 9 people confirmed and a date and time, I can set one up.

As far as money, I know that its tough to get money into the account for those who don't have one set up.

I propose that anyone here can send me $5-$10 via paypal and I can transfer my money my pokerstars account into theirs.

Kenric
Count me in I can send you the money so we can play. I think I still have a pokerstars account

reipro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Ok I have reactivated my Pokerstars account and even played a few games and won a couple of bucks. When are we all going to play?

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I've used PartyPoker, UltimateBet, PokerStars, and FullTilt. I think they're all about the same. Lots of fish, and not many good players. This is all based on experience of tables from a $5-50 buy-in though. I've played at Pacific Poker and won LOTS of money in a short time, but it seemed that once the WSOP got popular that lots of lame ducks came in to play and started winning lots of hands with really really really bad odds.

Edit: In short, I'm up for anywhere as long as the minimum buy-in isn't over $50.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok, I'm going to toss out a date and see how it goes.

Monday October 8th, 6pm PST. I think we have people in all 4 time zones wanting to play so I hope this time will work out.

This tourney should last about 1.5 hours based on 8-12 people joining and a standard blind structure.

Let me know if you're in!

The tournament is set up at Poker Stars. It's tournament 63125029 called Fastlane to Millions. $5 buyin + $0.50. It's under tourney/private. Standard blind structure (15 mins) and payout for 1st-3rd.

PM me for the password and let me know if you need me to transfer funds into your Stars account. We only need 3 to get it running, but it'd be nice to have a 9-10 at least.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I'm in if I don't have to pick up my stud from the airport!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Ok, I'm going to toss out a date and see how it goes.

Monday October 8th, 6pm PST. I think we have people in all 4 time zones wanting to play so I hope this time will work out.

This tourney should last about 1.5 hours based on 8-12 people joining and a standard blind structure.

Let me know if you're in! :)

I should be able to make it. What's buy in like $50?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.