As you grow up and learn, there are a couple of lessons that you will be taught in your life. But the one lesson or aphorism that remains as a corner stone in everyone’s life has to be the significant role that money plays in this world.
I CAN FEEL EVERYONE NODDING THEIR HEADS IN AGREEMENT RIGHT NOW…
“There is no nobility in poverty, I have been a rich man and I have been a poor man – but I will always choose rich” - Leonardo Di Caprio quote from Wolf of Wall Street movie
One of the biggest eye opening experiences in my life has always been from experiencing a huge difference between having and not having enough. To say that money has no place in your life is to not respect yourself enough to be honest with yourself.
If we can look at countries that are impacted by technological advancement and healthy economies we can safely say that those parts of the world are prosperous than the ones without these privileges. A healthier quality of life and opportunities for a man to be able to leave something behind are possible if money makes its way in your life.
I once hated wealthy people and thought poor people had my best interest in heart but boy was i wrong. Being in my 20’s I am glad that I took the red pill (truth pill) earlier in life before assigning myself to a soul crushing/Hollywood scripted way of living (get a job and save for pension).
I have many things to learn and joining this forum is the reason. What I would like to share is a few fast lane paradigms that I have discovered along this journey.These are guidelines I have awakened to over the course of a couple of years.
Fast lane paradigms on money and life
1. The Pareto principle
The world including our brains works in an 80/20 principle; which states that 2 % of correct and calculated effort produces 8 % of your returned outcome. When building a site or working on a project, focus on the crucial amount of work by breaking it up in chunks. Divide it according to most important (do now) and least important (do later)
2. Pop culture offers bad advice INCLUDING WEAK FINANCIAL ADVICE
What I have learned is that pop culture creates addicts amongst us. “Buy this” and “go there” turns smart people into idiots. We are led to consume and not create, to spectate and not play which is highly disturbing. Instant gratification is the order of the day in society, instead of creating a photography application my friends would rather sell themselves to 10 second fame on Instagram.
3. When used correctly MONEY CAN BUY YOU HAPPINESS
How many people have lost loved ones all because of not having enough funds to get them the best health care?
WELL, I HAVE!
With enough money I could have fought for an extra 3 or 4 years with my granddad, who had a very curable illness but not the correct medical attention. THAT’S BUYING HAPPINESS TO ME…
4. INNOVATION is in every man
This is the building block of success. Every successful individual I see today has innovated something. Whether it’s recreating an idea discarded by someone or a unique element in their business, everyone can do it.
On this note I end with a quote which I recently picked up from someone, which states that;
“Every man can create and build, because in us is the seed of life”
Hope this helps a young 20 something out there…
Please add your wisdom below…
I CAN FEEL EVERYONE NODDING THEIR HEADS IN AGREEMENT RIGHT NOW…
“There is no nobility in poverty, I have been a rich man and I have been a poor man – but I will always choose rich” - Leonardo Di Caprio quote from Wolf of Wall Street movie
One of the biggest eye opening experiences in my life has always been from experiencing a huge difference between having and not having enough. To say that money has no place in your life is to not respect yourself enough to be honest with yourself.
If we can look at countries that are impacted by technological advancement and healthy economies we can safely say that those parts of the world are prosperous than the ones without these privileges. A healthier quality of life and opportunities for a man to be able to leave something behind are possible if money makes its way in your life.
I once hated wealthy people and thought poor people had my best interest in heart but boy was i wrong. Being in my 20’s I am glad that I took the red pill (truth pill) earlier in life before assigning myself to a soul crushing/Hollywood scripted way of living (get a job and save for pension).
I have many things to learn and joining this forum is the reason. What I would like to share is a few fast lane paradigms that I have discovered along this journey.These are guidelines I have awakened to over the course of a couple of years.
Fast lane paradigms on money and life
1. The Pareto principle
The world including our brains works in an 80/20 principle; which states that 2 % of correct and calculated effort produces 8 % of your returned outcome. When building a site or working on a project, focus on the crucial amount of work by breaking it up in chunks. Divide it according to most important (do now) and least important (do later)
2. Pop culture offers bad advice INCLUDING WEAK FINANCIAL ADVICE
What I have learned is that pop culture creates addicts amongst us. “Buy this” and “go there” turns smart people into idiots. We are led to consume and not create, to spectate and not play which is highly disturbing. Instant gratification is the order of the day in society, instead of creating a photography application my friends would rather sell themselves to 10 second fame on Instagram.
3. When used correctly MONEY CAN BUY YOU HAPPINESS
How many people have lost loved ones all because of not having enough funds to get them the best health care?
WELL, I HAVE!
With enough money I could have fought for an extra 3 or 4 years with my granddad, who had a very curable illness but not the correct medical attention. THAT’S BUYING HAPPINESS TO ME…
4. INNOVATION is in every man
This is the building block of success. Every successful individual I see today has innovated something. Whether it’s recreating an idea discarded by someone or a unique element in their business, everyone can do it.
On this note I end with a quote which I recently picked up from someone, which states that;
“Every man can create and build, because in us is the seed of life”
Hope this helps a young 20 something out there…
Please add your wisdom below…
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
