The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Noob Introduction

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
Hi everyone. I read TMF and I'm on my way to completing Unscripted . TMF truly connected with me and my thoughts of working 5 for 2 and barely getting by (which I realized at age 17 when I started working). I read TMF twice so far and I am eager to start my fastlane journey.

I am now 24 years old and go to college for Electrical Engineering Technology, and I'm 9 courses shy of graduating and work for an Electric Utility Company as an engineer aide. I want to eventually start my own business (most likely software). Right now I'm learning to code and want to learn how to build mobile applications and software to create multiplatform applications.

I look forward to interacting with you fellow aspiring, and established fastlaners :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
You know, it seems you have invested a lot of time to learn Electrical Engineering Technology. Maybe you can use the expertise you already have to make something Fastlane out of that. Perhaps you will have a huge advantage if you can combine entrepreneur mindset and Electrical Engineering experiments together. If your school teaches only dry theory and it is impossible to make something practical out of it, it might be much harder though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
You know, it seems you have invested a lot of time to learn Electrical Engineering Technology. Maybe you can use the expertise you already have to make something Fastlane out of that. Perhaps you will have a huge advantage if you can combine entrepreneur mindset and Electrical Engineering experiments together. If your school teaches only dry theory and it is impossible to make something practical out of it, it might be much harder though.
@Napoolion I'm with you on that. I have been considering that heavily. I had a couple ideas from my job so far. One involved special manufacturing and engineering that would be needed to create a the product, plus capital needed to develop a prototype. On top of that, the utility industry is slow to integrate new technology, so I was deterred. On the other hand, that was a good exercise to get me how to think like an entrepreneur and do some research in the utility industry.

My school is very technical/practical so there are some opportunities to innovate or work on projects. I'm not sure if your familiar with the "Internet of Things" (its basically equipping various devices with sensors, and controlling/monitoring it with a phone, tablet, or computer), but I'm talking to one of my professors about doing paid research and working on a project that implements building software applications, and interfacing it with a "smart" (sensor equipped) electric meter.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I would highly recommend trying to stay out of the business world at the employee capacity altogether if at all possible. That whole indoctrination and lifestyle will only serve to make starting your own company more difficult. Bust a$$ on developing something whilst is school that makes you enough money to live off of where you don't need to rely on someone else to pay your bills. Save yourself the time and do it NOW!!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...