The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Fastlane Noob Introduction

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
Hi everyone. I read TMF and I'm on my way to completing Unscripted. TMF truly connected with me and my thoughts of working 5 for 2 and barely getting by (which I realized at age 17 when I started working). I read TMF twice so far and I am eager to start my fastlane journey.

I am now 24 years old and go to college for Electrical Engineering Technology, and I'm 9 courses shy of graduating and work for an Electric Utility Company as an engineer aide. I want to eventually start my own business (most likely software). Right now I'm learning to code and want to learn how to build mobile applications and software to create multiplatform applications.

I look forward to interacting with you fellow aspiring, and established fastlaners :D

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2014
You know, it seems you have invested a lot of time to learn Electrical Engineering Technology. Maybe you can use the expertise you already have to make something Fastlane out of that. Perhaps you will have a huge advantage if you can combine entrepreneur mindset and Electrical Engineering experiments together. If your school teaches only dry theory and it is impossible to make something practical out of it, it might be much harder though.

OP
OP
O

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
You know, it seems you have invested a lot of time to learn Electrical Engineering Technology. Maybe you can use the expertise you already have to make something Fastlane out of that. Perhaps you will have a huge advantage if you can combine entrepreneur mindset and Electrical Engineering experiments together. If your school teaches only dry theory and it is impossible to make something practical out of it, it might be much harder though.
@Napoolion I'm with you on that. I have been considering that heavily. I had a couple ideas from my job so far. One involved special manufacturing and engineering that would be needed to create a the product, plus capital needed to develop a prototype. On top of that, the utility industry is slow to integrate new technology, so I was deterred. On the other hand, that was a good exercise to get me how to think like an entrepreneur and do some research in the utility industry.

My school is very technical/practical so there are some opportunities to innovate or work on projects. I'm not sure if your familiar with the "Internet of Things" (its basically equipping various devices with sensors, and controlling/monitoring it with a phone, tablet, or computer), but I'm talking to one of my professors about doing paid research and working on a project that implements building software applications, and interfacing it with a "smart" (sensor equipped) electric meter.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I would highly recommend trying to stay out of the business world at the employee capacity altogether if at all possible. That whole indoctrination and lifestyle will only serve to make starting your own company more difficult. Bust a$$ on developing something whilst is school that makes you enough money to live off of where you don't need to rely on someone else to pay your bills. Save yourself the time and do it NOW!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
I think it's like a landing page, anyway it looks good, I've bookmarked it for future reference...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock