The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane: Most guests ever in 24 hrs!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
"The most guests online over 24 hours was 13,130, Mar 11th, 2009 at 04:39 PM."

Wow-- what happened on that day, MJ?

Something go viral for a little bit?

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I think might have been some automated bot that was able to mask its IP address. If it was viral stuff, we should have seen a spike in registrants, which we did, but not to the extent of 13000 in one day.

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
With the unemployment rate rising we will see a general trend toward entrepreneurship. Some people will see that the opportunity to get rich in industry is not there like it was when I got my MS in computer science and the tech market was screaming.
Others will turn to entrepreneurship out of fear - what happens if my industry is next to die a sudden and horrific death?

For those so inclined, any business or website devoted to setting up other streams of income will likely find a hungry marketplace.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
that's what I'm noticing with the entrepreneurship club's growth as well. more and more students are showing up to learn what they can in case they can't find a job.

you guys should see some of the shopping centers around my school...one open store, one closed, one open, one closed ect...

i think i counted 10 stores closed on the way to the grocery store yesterday

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
that's what I'm noticing with the entrepreneurship club's growth as well. more and more students are showing up to learn what they can in case they can't find a job.

you guys should see some of the shopping centers around my school...one open store, one closed, one open, one closed ect...

i think i counted 10 stores closed on the way to the grocery store yesterday

I also see a lot of business coaching and entrepreneur training as a trend. I went to local small business meetup and end up knowing 10% of the people attended the meeting claim to be a business coach or startup coach while they don't have full time job or was let go as RE agent.

I am not saying they are not qualified to be entrepreneur coach, but I just don't see how they can teach people running a success business while they are not. Many of them also turn themselves into Internet Marketers selling e-book, affiliate programs.

The sad things is that the big name chain have took over the market and killed small business. Just saw a small flower shop closed due to the competition from Fry's next corner.

I think people are desperate looking for money while over spending their $ the same time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.