The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane legal BS

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I lied to you. This isn't the fastlane. This is the legal BS that comes with the fastlane.

I recently, just out of sheer curiosity went to limos.com. I put in the details, what limo I wanted, etc... I got an email. I didn't want it. A few months later, I checked my spam mail -- limos.com was all over it. Not only was I not really interested but I might have been in the future, they were sent to my spam list.

I have and idea. A really, really good idea. That I'm working on. The thing is once this goes out into the marketplace it will become flooded easily. Not only that but I could be cut out from clients easily. Yes ideas are a dime a dozen, but once they're out there they're out there for anyone.

I know about patents and copywrites but I can't use either currently. So if you have an idea that is taken into action, Whats the best way to protect yourself?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Mark Cuban would say to be better than everyone else. Why can you use a copyright or patent?

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Mark Cuban would say to be better than everyone else. Why can you use a copyright or patent?

Copywright and patent are out the equation. Period. It's the idea.

The barrier to entry is very low and not patent able. It will sell, period. No question about that. I will be the first one to enter but it will be replicated.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Yeah why make an eCommerce site when other people can just do it? Jeez, those guys at Amazon don't know what they're doing.

It's been said once, I'll say it again.

Be better. Compete. Win.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Yeah why make an eCommerce site when other people can just do it? Jeez, those guys at Amazon don't know what they're doing.

This is more like those guys at IBM, Dell, Apple & HP don't know wtf they are doing. Big bears, long lifes. Want to give up the game. Ripe for the pickings.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
This is a very valuable thread.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Nobody will copy it unless they see you doing well with it, you will be ignored.

You haven't even mentioned if its b2c or b2b?

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
If you're so confident that it will sell, better start selling now. What I think is more likely: Noone cares. In my area there is a guy doing ~10 million profit/year with supermarkets that people 40 km away don't even know they exist and that's with all the big chains in the area, too.

What I'm wondering is: Since you're the first to enter, how do you know it will sell without selling a single unit?

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Well, you could execute fast right now to establish yourself as the original marketleader, and if others jump on the train, embrace the competition and aim to be always better than them, as you are already a few steps ahead.

Go full Conan!
courage-wolf-meme-generator-our-mission-statement-to-crush-your-enemies-see-them-driven-before-you-and-to-hear-the-lamentation-of-their-women-40ff56.jpg

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
If the barrier to entry is zero, it's not perfectly fastlane by definition (CENTS). But there are certainly other variables where you can outcompete others. So if your idea is soooo good, you'll earn a living.

Based on the kind of superficial question you asked, it looks like your problem is execution and the ability to be competitive. I guess even if you could patent your idea, this wouldn't solve the problem of actually executing it and being able to build and operate it succesfully.

This is a skill, you have to start somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Just do it! 50% market share to 1st to enter.....

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
What I'm wondering is: Since you're the first to enter, how do you know it will sell without selling a single unit?

Because the product already exists. I'll just be taking the concept and reducing the man hours from hundreds to 1-2 so it can be reproduced on a mass scale. Currently it's restricted to hobbyists who do commission work. The demand is there and it's very high. Demand heavily outstrips the supply because of the manpower required. So I wouldn't really be the 'first' but the first to be capable of producing it on a mass scale.

If the barrier to entry is zero, it's not perfectly fastlane by definition (CENTS). But there are certainly other variables where you can outcompete others. So if your idea is soooo good, you'll earn a living.

I wouldn't put it at zero, in fact the main products if fairly technical. My concern was for the 'easier' product I will be sending out the idea and samples to those who can help me leverage it very quickly. They could decline me and simply say, what a great idea! Then do it themselves instead.

Based on the kind of superficial question you asked, it looks like your problem is execution and the ability to be competitive. I guess even if you could patent your idea, this wouldn't solve the problem of actually executing it and being able to build and operate it succesfully.

Yes, that's been my issue but I've changed that the past few weeks. I am now currently doing the process, getting samples, building a website, etc..

You haven't even mentioned if its b2c or b2b?

Both.

EDIT : Just found this ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Last edited by a moderator:

Fine young man

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 17, 2013
If there's nothing else you can do, make sure to create a strong brand so that you will be remembered as the original.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.