The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fans: Yes; Sales: No

Marketing, social media, advertising

Vincent_Vega

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 1, 2015
First of all: Can someone please move this thread to the "sales, marketing..."-section? I can't post there, don't know why.

Hey guys,

I guess I'm not the only person with this kind of problem and I already googled it a bit, but I really value your opinion, so here we go:

I started marketing my product on social media in december. It's in the jewelry/accessoires niche and one week ago, I started taking pre-orders with 30% off future retail price. I have fans, I have people telling me that they like my product and people asking for the price and where to buy. But in the end, they all stay fans and not customers.

My website looks good for a pre-order page, it's a customized shopify theme. Social media is automated, don't have to worry about that. My social media account gets an exposure of at least ~1000 users a day and is growing every day, but my problem remains.

Is it just too early to expect big sales? Are the people afraid to pre-order because they have to wait 3 months till delivery?

Maybe you guys have some tips how to convert my fans into customers.

Have a great week,
V

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
My preference is direct marketing instead of indirect marketing. Find stores that sell jewelry. Wholesale to them. Build cashflow. Then invest in indirect marketing.

Another thing you can try is buying placed ads from brands that are already established. If you're just following/unfollowing/liking to get followers, then you won't get as many actual buyers as you would if you used another brand's social proof.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Not enough information to tell, but why does it take three months for delivery?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
3 months is a very long time to expect someone to wait for delivery.

Vincent_Vega

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 1, 2015
My preference is direct marketing instead of indirect marketing. Find stores that sell jewelry. Wholesale to them. Build cashflow. Then invest in indirect marketing.

Another thing you can try is buying placed ads from brands that are already established. If you're just following/unfollowing/liking to get followers, then you won't get as many actual buyers as you would if you used another brand's social proof.

But most established brands who sell products don't sell ads. Only fanpages or normal people/influencers do that.

Not enough information to tell, but why does it take three months for delivery?

Chinese New Year until now and then final sample proofing -> manufacturing -> shipping.

3 months is a very long time to expect someone to wait for delivery.

So you think it really could be because people don't like to pre-order from a new brand?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
It's so difficult to give real advice without the whole story... and to be honest it gets a little frustrating.

What's the ad look like? What's the landing page look like? What is your copy? What is your offer? Are your fans real or purchased? How many of those fans see the ads?

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Is it just too early to expect big sales? Are the people afraid to pre-order because they have to wait 3 months till delivery?

I'm trying to think of a product I'd buy where that wouldn't be a dealbreaker. In 2016 I'm thinking that's going to be a very hard sell for most products.

JDawg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Dec 31, 2015
United States
I'm trying to think of a product I'd buy where that wouldn't be a dealbreaker. In 2016 I'm thinking that's going to be a very hard sell for most products.

The only products that I am willing waiting 3+ months for, are the new & exciting projects that I back on Kickstarter. Aside from that exception, I would never be OK with a 3 month shipping time.

I also agree that it is difficult to determine the actual issue with so little information, but your 3 month delivery time is definitely a problem.

drifter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 10, 2016
Canada
We see your problem, and so you do. 3 month wait is insane and no question you're losing a TON of potential sales. Why would you even launch when you're that far from having your product in hand?

When you launch, you want to capitalize on it - it's hot, it's new, it gets traction. It'll get more difficult to keep people motivated, too..

I'm curious, though: what was the rush to launch?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.