The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Failures in judging the NEED?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ludachris

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
I'm working on a project and am starting to wonder, as I always do, if I'm identifying the NEED (relative value) correctly. It made me wonder what stories some of you might have where you thought you found a NEED and realized after a lot of hard work that you misjudged it and nobody really wanted what you created.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Speak to people, verify the pain point with your target demo. Get pre-orders if possible (offer an incentive for doing so).

You are never going to know 100%. You just have to collect the data you can, and and when you are 65%+ sure (adjust for your risk tolerance) pull the trigger.

p.s. Be careful about your buddies telling you it's great and that they would definitely buy, and then when it's crunch time they don't wanna hand over the moolah.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
Speak to people, verify the pain point with your target demo. Get pre-orders if possible (offer an incentive for doing so).

You are never going to know 100%. You just have to collect the data you can, and and when you are 65%+ sure (adjust for your risk tolerance) pull the trigger.

p.s. Be careful about your buddies telling you it's great and that they would definitely buy, and then when it's crunch time they don't wanna hand over the moolah.

I agree on that one. I worked on a site/app people used but their psychological makeup was to get stuff for free and so when we put the paying wall, nobody bought.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.